Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Proofreading Helper ^-^

9 years ago

I have just completed the 8th page of my story, but i refuse to go any further without receiving some feedback ^-^ i want to make sure the beginning is good before i waste my time making a worthless tale. i read over it many times, but me being the author will make my opinion a small bit biased so that's why i need another person to do so.

Now, i wont be splitting the points for co-author because all i need is a little proofreading, but i will include you in the story description as a proof reader and even proof read a story of your own as well. The title of it is "Troubled Times" and falls under the 'Love & Dating' catagory, i will paste the story description below.~

Your name is Mitchell, at the age of five your parents divorced and you never seen your dad again.This being, your relationship with your mom is very tough even though she tries very hard to make it work. After a while she gives up and you both go separate ways only time spent together eating, and car rides. Because your quite, all the other kids make fun of you because of your lack of friends, even though you could care less about having friends. Until a new girl transfers to your first grade class, she tries making friends with you but you choose not letting her close, but she says otherwise.

~Now, give me your feedback!laugh

Proofreading Helper ^-^

9 years ago

Ok, it is very linear, and first person is sometimes annoying in storygames. You also need to work on capitalizing your "i"s. Also "tackel" is spelled tackle. The writing is good, but the dialogued is unrealisitc.

Proofreading Helper ^-^

9 years ago

You say " and you never seen your dad again" I believe you would say see and not see.