Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Demon Simulator?

9 years ago

Just replayed Dark Cut, and the Vampire "surgery" reminded me of a thought I had a forever ago, and I wonder now, is there an actual game that has that kind of thing? Not necessarily as gory, (Though that is a plus.) but I'd like to play a demon-slaying game about subtlety, ritual, and precision, and not running around as a white-haired young animu flailing around a sword and guns with crosses on them. I mean, as great as Doom is, sometimes I just want to fight mythological monsters by a set of rules and faux edutainment-value superstitions. Hell, bonus points if it's questionable at the end whether the thing you just Jesus'd to death was actually an innocent with a monster inside or a bound-up girl with rabies and/or schizophrenia.

Basically, is there any game out there that portrays Exorcism as a puzzley, in-depth procedure as opposed to Mortal Kombat? If so, send me a link, even if it's just a Surgeon Simulator mod because that shit would be intriguing.

Demon Simulator?

9 years ago

I can't think of one, but your title was slightly misleading since I thought you were going to be talking about a game that allowed you to play as a demon and possess people, making them do bad things, raising the terror level and such.

Demon Simulator?

9 years ago

I don't know any fitting Sent's ideas, but as for End Master... search up Rampage. It's a CYOA actually, but it's really... adult, to say the least.

Demon Simulator?

9 years ago

I've heard about that fenoxo guy before I think. He writes a lot of CYOA stuff with dark content and all that.

I guess I'll check it out.

EDIT: Well it was okay from what I read of it, until I got some message that said "60 click limit" and I couldn't proceed any more. Some of the links were dead too, though I'm used to that from stuff at IS. 

Seemed like the main focus was just fucking a bunch of people at random and causing inappropriate pairings, like the mother and son. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but a demon possession story was always one I sort of toyed with and I thought it would be more interesting to have to build up to being able to possess someone, like raising paranoia, increasing anger, corrupting those around the possessed and then finally unleashing a murderous rage so it destroys the host and everything they love dear.

And of course if you're not efficient at doing this, you get people calling in priests, ghost hunters, psychics and the like to banish you.

Demon Simulator?

9 years ago

Hey, sorry but, where can I find the story you and Fazz were talking about?

Demon Simulator?

9 years ago

Thanks, Endmaster

Demon Simulator?

9 years ago

Yeah, looking on it now it's more erotica than a good fleshed out possession-based interactive fiction. The reason why there's so many dead links is because it's actually editable by anyone, so I guess nobody's taken those parts yet.

Demon Simulator?

9 years ago

Nah, I get what satisfaction I can in those whime, (at least as much as I can) from playing beat-'em-ups and other things in which seemingly "Human" characters possess impossible strength and durability and pretending that's because they're possessed. And, y'know, playing Geist, too, but that one devolved into an FPS too quickly and didn't let you do too much evil shit.

Demon Simulator?

9 years ago

But isn't that all beat em ups?

Demon Simulator?

9 years ago

I dunno, when all your non-gun skills are zero at the beginning of Project Nexus, that's a pretty realistic representation of all the damage you'd probably be doing in real life. Can't say much for the health, because it's a regenerating bar that I can't really understand, (4 blocks good, 1 block bad?) But, based on the fact that the other enemies with similar health bars don't bleed when you shoot them, I'm pretty sure that's just an Energy Shield. Also, I think most of The Last Stand games are fairly realistic beat em ups, as far as video games go.

Demon Simulator?

9 years ago

I stopped playing Nexus years ago, so I can't back up the references you are making :/ Though Hank was still a badass and I'm sad he was only in the first level (at least for the first version).

I agree with the statement about the Last Stand games, though I always wondered how the dude managed to maintain such a high number -- seemingly infinite -- of ammunition after nights of constantly firing. And his mental state too, after repeatedly shooting... and building defenses... amd shooting. 

Demon Simulator?

9 years ago

Obviously the guy from TLS was a robot, but that's not the point.

And I wasn't talking about the Story part of Nexus, though, since you start out impossibly badass then. But in the arena combat mode you start out as a plain old model who seems to have considerable trouble throwing a punch. It was probably worth all that winding up, since you bruise every time, but it's pretty realistic, as far as abilities go. Level up a few times and you'll be Neo, though.

Demon Simulator?

9 years ago

I thought you would be talking about Lucius 2. Sent, I am disappoint. 

Demon Simulator?

9 years ago

Lucius is only fun the first time around, then it all turns to shit. There's not much more to say about it.