Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

MUST SEE, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

8 years ago

Today I learned a heartbreaking fact. One in four people consider/have considered suicide at some point in their lives. And to be honest, I have too. No one knows it. I have never told anyone, nor have shown any signs of it, but yes. I have thought of suicide. Others think of me as a bright cheery person. But sometimes, I can only think about negative things.

My biological father left me when I was about five. Normally, that would be bad. But to make it worse, he promised he would come back, knowing he wouldn't. My mom has always said he hurt my older siblings(all half siblings, half siblings to each other too). But she suggested something worse, wording it as,“Something you are too young to understand.” But I understand it.

I am honestly over suicide, and instead, starting tonight, I will go on every website I know of, and post this exact thing. No one deserves to suffer. I know what it feels like. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS!!!! Spread the word!

YOU ARE NOT ALONE. YOU HAVE PEOPLE WHO LOVE YOU.

http://notesfromtherecoveringselfharmer.tumblr.com/40reasonsnottocommitsuicide

8 years ago

Good job bro, good job.

8 years ago

I... don't think I would actually give this list to someone contemplating suicide because it's not exactly... well, one, the most personal thing, and two, some of the reasons are a bit... less than inspired, but I appreciate what you're trying to do. I'm sorry about what happened to you and your family. Suffice it to say, I understand on a personal level what it is to have a messed up childhood and to find yourself contemplating some very dark things.

8 years ago

I admire that you are reaching out a hand to help others to get through what you have experienced.

I respect you man.

8 years ago

If I were to ever attempt suicide, I'd at least try to summon my persona first. Now's not the time, you say? Well alrighty then! 

Good on you for spreading the word to whatever mentally ill clients may need a very small dose of reality to set 'em right. There's quite a few, I'm sure, especially in this godforsaken generation. 

8 years ago

Good on you for reaching out over this. Personally I wouldn't give this list to someone comtemplating suicide just because it's quite detached and some of the reasons are not very helpful. But salute for doing this anyway.

8 years ago

Yeah, the list might not have been helpful. Maybe the rest of the site is? On one hand, it could give people ideas. On the other hand, it could help them a LOT.

8 years ago

Some of the reasons are kinda dumb, tbh, and it's a very one-broad-advice-covers-all kind of thing, featuring them typical tumblrites trying to make everyone feel less depressed and accepted and shit. I appreciate that sentiment, that's one of the things I'd like about tumblr if they weren't all spammy and overzealous about it, but it doesn't work very well in applied situations. I can see this possibly helping if someone consistently depressed ran into this randomly on the internet, but if someone I knew was actually going to commit suicide, like others on this thread, I'd much rather give them their own reasons than this list. Like most of the things on/from tumblr, I can appreciate the goal, and the spirit is nice, but it doesn't get very far.

8 years ago

Yea everyone has their own reasons,like i got depressed with some kids at school fucked with me and i didn't talk back, but then I realized i wouldn't see these people ever again after my last years of highschool pretty much killed it,along with taking weight training lol.

8 years ago

The thread title reminded me of those chain emails from my grandmother reminding me not to inject marijuanas. 

8 years ago

I actually was expecting one of those "A little girl was horribly murdered 20 years ago today by a serial killer...blah blah blah, post this text or you'll be tortured and killed by her ghost tonight." messages.

8 years ago

But I wanna be an hero :(

8 years ago
Don't we all Tanstaalf, don't we all....

8 years ago

I didn't know you were into your cousin.