Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Proper introduction

7 years ago

Hey, so I realized I don't have a proper introduction! My name's Royce and I'm new here. I want to write artful, thought-provoking stories, and what I'm most ashamed of is about a year ago I agreed with the ideals of ISIS...

So anyways, dark parts of my life aside I hope to meet everyone and make friends. One person already turned me down but that's okay.

Proper introduction

7 years ago

So far you've mostly made shitposts, but I'm willing to forgive you. But not for the whole ISIS thing. That's really not funny.

Proper introduction

7 years ago

My advice to you: Do not republish that other story unless you want to deal with the repercussions. If you're going to publish a different story, make it a good one. Change your profile and avatar, it looks like you either still agree or are just trolling. If you still carry any of their values, no hate speeches, no hate posts, no shitposts. Follow all that, and we're cool.

Proper introduction

7 years ago

Understood. I'll find something to change my profile picture to per your request, but the picture I currently have is meant to be respectful. It's the helmet of a police officer who was shot in the head that night. 'never forget isis' is meant to connotate 'never forget what isis did'.

Proper introduction

7 years ago

Oh. Okay. Then I'd advise making a note of that on your profile page to avoid confusion--but you would still get some funny looks on the forums--especially from people browsing with their phones--because it's hard to tell what that is or how it's meant. (Alternatively, you could still change it to something clearer / of a different subject matter.)

Proper introduction

7 years ago

How's this?

It's a gnome I drew. Behind him is a hobbit-hole.

Proper introduction

7 years ago

So, we have a dumbass, who changed one belief, and now thinks he's no longer a dumbass. Terrific.

Proper introduction

7 years ago

Hey, that's not funny at all. ISIS are jerks.

Proper introduction

7 years ago

He didn't even get the most important part of an ISIS joke right: the execution.

Proper introduction

7 years ago

And finally, the funny was brought in. Wasn't expecting it, but guess you can make a silk purse from mediocre shit, sometimes.

Proper introduction

7 years ago

What the heck. This guy's a total weirdo. He messaged me like six times asking me 1, if I would be his friend and 2. if I wanted to duel-cheat with him so I could get the Lucky Dueler trophy just because I off-handedly mentioned that I'd continue dueling him even as non-friends provided he has the points because I'm trying to get said trophy.

And now he says he used to be part of ISIS...

Proper introduction

7 years ago

Obvious troll is obvious.

Even if you're serious, I have a feeling we won't get along too well.

Proper introduction

7 years ago

I'm sure you'll become a productive member of this site in due time.

...Right? But duel cheating? That's a no-no. You won't earn any points doing that my friend. Besides, you'll have to pry it from Briar's clutches. 

Proper introduction

7 years ago

It's unfortunate you weren't serious about changing your ways. Nice story by the way, I'm sure you put forth your best effort to write that.

Proper introduction

7 years ago

???

Proper introduction

7 years ago

It seems I didn't realize you were intentionally writing a parody story. Warn the reader about these things in the description before they assume you're being serious!  >=<

Now, it's much better. It'll still probably get unpublished but meh, now you know.