Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

I signed up a few days ago and I'm loving this community! Stumbled upon it after having been writing a CYOA for the past 4 years on and off and I'm desperately rummaging through how to script (which makes things so much easier and more complex than having to scroll down to each option in a huge document- the literary equivalent of banging rocks together compared to 3D printing). Can't wait to check out stories and publish my own!  

Beautiful. 

Ed: forgot that I meant to say I forgot to say hi. Meta. So hey from England! 

- AzBaz

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

Welcome ^-^

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

Thank you!!:)

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago
Hi, welcome to the site!

I'd really recommend spending a little time browsing the top rated stories here to get an idea of the possibilities, and the quality levels readers are looking for. (Just a fair warning, 'random' games don't tend to be received very well, though I suppose one that's exceptionally funny or had a clear amount of effort put in could buck the trend...)

Scripting has a tiny bit of a learning curve but just learning the bare basics makes certain things so, so much easier you really can't do without it, so taking the time right from the beginning is a good call.

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

Thanks, I was looking through some of the forums and saw 'Mizalism'. Without trying fitting the newbie stereotype too much, what is that? You must be well liked to have your own religion!

I appreciate your advice, thank you. I've put a lot of thought into my story, and just as many words. It isn't particularly canonical, but I think it has some potential. I just want to make my mark and add to the excellent collection and, hopefully, make some people laugh:)

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

Mizalism is an embarrassing excuse for a religion made my Gamzee.

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago
And Gamzee is someone who likes to instigate on innocent forums.

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago
We don't talk about it. Because it's weird.

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

In fact, I think I've just thought of how to get round the problem of the random story. But it can only be done once, really. That's gonna be my one.

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago
Also, read the other articles. Trust me, you will get 9 out of 10 (if not all) of your questions answered.

Good luck on your story!

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

I'm working my way through them- it's taking a while but I guess it's best to understand it all before I go ahead and copy and paste everything I've written so far in and have to relink or script it all again! Thanks:)

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your stay here.

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

Thank you! I can't believe I haven't stumbled on it before.

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

Welcome! I hope you have a great time here! ^_^

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

Thank you, everybody seems so nice here!(^?^)

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

Yay! A new purrson! Welcome to CYS! I'm Taylor. I hope you have lots and lots of fun here! I sure do! :3

No matter what anyone says, my kitty puns are NOT lame!

<3

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

They might not be lame, but I'm afuraid to say they are not that wonderfur either

I regret this.

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

What would happen if I got efurybody here to just start with kitty puns all the time? Not saying it will, but just pawndering on it, beclaws it better not infect anyone else. I must be the ONLY kitty pun lover, officially dedi'cat'ed to kitty puns.

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

I purray this doesn't infect anyone else. That'd be pawful, and I would have to start pawndering the quality of the sites I go on. 'Not that I don't already...I need to stop.

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

Yes. Mew do. Mew are not the girl with a kitty profile who decorates her room with pictures of Nepeta, and draws pictures of her, and adores her. It is my job to do this. It is your job to be mew. :3

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

Is there a point where this gets you banned? Cat... fetishes, or whatever, are the first step towards Warrior Cats.

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

Ugh. Warrior Cats is the only thing that makes me disappointed in Cats. The whole series is crap and gets more attention than it deserves. And It's not a fetish, just a quirk. As for being banned... I think that's a little irrelevant? :3

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago
Hello there, welcome to the site. I'm Mayana, you might have seen me around. Put actual effort in your stories and you should be fine here. Enjoy!

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

Hello Mayana, I think I have seen you in a few forums I've scrolled through!:) Thank you, I'll make sure to take time in making my story!

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago
Welcome - good luck with your projects!

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

Thanks- your articles have been really useful!

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

Haiii~ If you need any help or anything, PM me! ^-^

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

Hey:) I'll bear that in mind, thank you!

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

So Mayana has informed me that you are also blind, which I sort of wondered about due to having no avatar for a long period of time.

Since I am all for monsters rampaging across the site and terrorizing the humans, if you like I can find an appropriate avatar for you.

I suggest a basilisk or an Eye of fear and flame. Perhaps even a nice beholder.

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

I don't know what you're talking about!

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

Thank you for the offer, you actually had impeccable timing: I'd decided on what I wanted today! I wasn't really sure what I wanted 

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

Ahh, I was wondering what you meant about the blind thing: I just saw Mayana's account.

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago
Yep, welcome to the club. Except there's no club because there's not enough of us.

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago
All you need to increase your numbers is a pointy stick and a list of addresses.

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago
That's a great idea. So, any volunteers?

A forgetful newbie

6 years ago

I'm sure all will be more than willing to join the cause once they see the darkness, provided they can find the cause afterwards.