Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Poetry Prompts - Recap

6 years ago

So as you all might remember, I put up some poetry prompt threads a while ago, but out them on hiatus when things got a bit busy IRL. As things have now calmed down a bit, I'm thinking of restarting the threads in the near future. In the meantime, I thought it might be nice to list the more technical stuff I discussed in the previous threads, and put up this thread as a place for people to show off some of their poems they want to write, or have written so far. 

As for the recap:
Week 1 dealt with metre, in the form of iambs and trochees. 
Week 2 was about end rhyme, internal rhyme; and slant rhyme.
Week 3 continued with rhyme, and was all about alliteration. 
Week 4 dealt with form, specifically with Blank Verse.
Week 5 dealt with form, specifically sonnets. 
Week 6 dealt with form, specifically ballads. 
Week 7 dealt with form, specifically elegies. 
Week 8 dealt with form, specifically with free verse. 

I will probably (hopefully) put up a new thread somewhere next week. For now, please feel free to share any poetry you want to share, without any requirements as to content or form. 

Poetry Prompts - Recap

6 years ago

@Bannerlord @Crescentstar @Orange @Mizal @Lancelot @Mayana @Betaband @Kwism1127 @Leoscales7 @bbshark @Drew8521 @BerkaZerka @TheBlackDragon04 @StrykerL @Palepaper

If anyone wants to be removed or added to the tagging list for upcoming threads, please let me know as well. 

Poetry Prompts - Recap

6 years ago

Yay! ^_^ I missed these.

Poetry Prompts - Recap

6 years ago
Now we just need Seto back in action and the Creative Corner will be saved.

Poetry Prompts - Recap

6 years ago

WHOOOOO! I missed these so much! I look forward to new poetry prompts, Romulus.

Poetry Prompts - Recap

6 years ago

Now I can actually focus on these, since school is over!