Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Writing Prompt:week #1 (horror week)

6 years ago

Hey people,this is my first writing prompt!

Anyone is free to join in,I will be judging all of the prompts of those who enter.I will judge all of them at the end of the week,whomever wins will get to choose one prompt for next week.Also can choose the Theme for next weeks prompts,but there's one catch...the winner must choose a prompt that matches the theme for the week.

#1:You hear a strange noise upstairs and you go check it out.But when you get to the foot up the stairs you see a girl in a white nightgown and black hair covering her face.

#2:"There was a picture in my phone of me sleeping.I live alone..."

#3:when you see this in front of your bedroom door(who are you)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU! BTW IF THIS PROMPT ISN'T SUCCESSFUL I WILL NOT MAKE ANOTHER!!

6 years ago
It's like your fifth or sixth writing prompt. Deleted threads still count.

6 years ago

actually this is my first

6 years ago

We all know it's you Gemini, and attempting to pretend that you've never been here before isn't really helping your borrowed time here.

The only reason why I haven't banned you immediately again is you're one of the very rare retards that genuinely seems to want to write, but you just can't help annoying everyone in the process due to your personality rather than any deliberate trolling/spamming.

Though as I said, you're on borrowed time so your best bet would be to either:

1. Go back to lurking and not post anymore.

2. Become amusing enough that you become a tolerable village idiot.

3. Get good scrub.

Since that third one is pretty much impossible for you and you seem incapable of the first as well, your path is clear. Honestly, this is a simple enough task even for you.

Or keep annoying people to the point where you get banned again. That's fine too.

6 years ago

fine i will go back to the first one

6 years ago
He just told you to do the second one. A suggestion from your admin is as good as an order, you dumb cunt.

6 years ago

hey!i don't appreciate that language!

6 years ago
And with that post, you already failed at number 1. Number 2 will at least be easier for you.

6 years ago

She'll be saying "I hate my Mizal and I hate my EndMaster." In no time at this rate.

6 years ago

Look i am sorry,i just want to show that i want to be able to create prompts.

6 years ago

The problem is so far, nobody has really liked any of your prompts every time you've done them, not to mention you end up pissing off a lot of people since a lot feel you're infringing on Seto's turf. 

Doesn't help your case that for the most part most people like Seto and he's one of the few non-offensive members on the site so it looks like you're just fucking with him, whether that's your intention or not.

I'd say you'd be better off practicing your writing by participating in his prompts instead of trying to create your own. Yeah, you'll probably get ragged on anyway, but at least it looks like you're trying to get better. 

And who knows, maybe a miracle might happen and you'll actually get better after practicing a lot.

6 years ago
She might even try reading a storygame to get a rough idea of what words strung into sentences are supposed to look like. Or opening a book IRL.

6 years ago
Before you post writing prompts for others, you should learn to write. Putting spaces after punctuation marks is a good first step. Or even better, give up and go play with your toys. If you leave, no one will miss you.

6 years ago

why do you have to be so rude?What did i do to you?

6 years ago

This is retarded. None of these prompts are even interesting. All three of them are cliches, and the first and third one are the exact same fucking thing but with a different location in the house. What the fuck do you even have against Seto!? He was the one doing these fucking prompts in the first place. Go back to whatever rock of unchecked ignorance you were hiding under before you started posting again. The grubs and maggots under there hate you a lot less than the people here, you dumb, unlearning fuck.

6 years ago

Hey anyone can do prompts,not just Seto,BTW...ghost's can move and you can have more than one ghost.

6 years ago

What the fuck are you even talking about? The prompts are the same, there's virtually no difference. If someone really wanted to write a story about different aspects resulted from seeing Unscary Grudge Ripoff #50000, they could do it with either one easily. A prompt is supposed to illicit a different story for each one, something that's different and interesting. None of these are interesting, and two of them are the fucking same and make no difference whatsoever. I've never seen a human being so utterly devoid of creativity attempt to fit in on a writing site, and I've certainly never seen them try to do it for this long despite every sign crying out how desperately they need to fucking leave and reevaluate their mental capacity to do things. Seto is the one currently doing writing prompts, and it's pretty rude to just step in and try to edge in on it without it fulfilling a certain purpose.and no, being boring and utterly contrived worker isn't a valid niche, it's a serious flaw that you need to either improve upon or stop exercising where people can see you. 

6 years ago

I doubt anyone's going to join this. The prompts are all cliches, and you don't know to put spaces after punctuation.  Maybe we should just stick with Seto's for now...

6 years ago

No, just no. This is yet another complete copy of Seto's thread, just... well, worse. 

6 years ago
Gemini, if you want to prove you're serious about staying here, I would like you to read this in its entirety, then come back with at least a 750 word essay about the major characters and their motivations, properly typed with correct grammar etc. and in your own words.

At 17 this should be a simple task. You presumably do this sort of thing in school all the time.

6 years ago

I do papers longer than that and I'm not even seventeen. It would probably be pretty fun to write a paper that explains why Gemini should be exiled once more, but I guess I'm too busy for it right now. 

6 years ago
Oh, I remember you.

And sure, an essay should be twice that length but I'm trying to keep to realistic expectations. 750 words in simple yet coherent sentences, on topic and proofread...it's something anyone with a sixth grade education can manage and yet, in this case would represent a huge leap forward and a willingness to put effort into basic communication I've not yet seen any other signs of.

6 years ago

Well, wasn't that why Gemini was banned in the first place? For sheer stupidity and a knack for pissing people off?

6 years ago
I think we're giving her a (fifth?) chance now to prove she's a learning animal. Or at least to fail in a way that amuses End enough to keep her around.

6 years ago

Is it bad if I'm tempted to do that? Haven't wrote an essay in awhile, and for some reason I feel like it'd be fun. >.>

Besides, I really love hamlet and I could probably quote lines from it from memory...even though it's been years since I was in Drama x'D Mr. Gilbreaux was a nice professor tho.

6 years ago

You should do the one I suggested.

6 years ago

I'm Switzerland on this matter. Neutral af and not stepping in for anything >.> even if I have a lot to say.

6 years ago
I mean I actually don't mind her as much anymore, as long as she stay quarantined on this section of the board. She's less annoying than Jeff at least. I'm fascinated by what seems her complete inability to learn or adapt however.

6 years ago
Hamlet is great.and I always loved writing essays or BSing my way though a deep analysis of a story. Your puppy may piddle on it however or try to copy you.

6 years ago

Ok, I will, BTW don't call me Gemini

6 years ago

It was one of those days, where it was completely quiet, and the sound of your breathing was as loud as machine guns to your ears.

Actually, this had never happened to you, Sure, you lived in the middle of nowhere, so no people came by, but there was always the sound of birds singing, squirrels bickering outside as they scurried around for food - you know, the sound of nature.

But it was strangely quiet right now, as if you were stuck in a little pocket of space where no outside sound reached.It made you uneasy, on edge. So on edge that you jumped a little at the buzz of your phone. You held your breath, worried about - well, a silly notion that breaking this still silence was a terrible idea, that something might notice you. But after a few moments of nothing happening to you, you quietly and carefully took your phone out of your pocket.

It was a text from an unknown number. “666.png,” it read. You opened your text messages, and without even looking at the picture, deleted it. Best not to fuel trolls.

A few seconds later, your friend texted you a picture. “Bacon.png.” You quickly opened it and the first thing you felt was disappointment. It wasn’t bacon… The second thought you had was how creepy this was. It was a picture of you sleeping.

You immediately texted back,”WTF man. That’s fucking gay.”

There was a beep, and then a red exclamation mark and “Not Delivered” appeared next to your message. You tried resending it, but the same error came up.

You frowned at your phone. You had three bars of service and you had paid your phone bill this month… You put your phone back in your pocket, and walked upstairs. Strange as this day had been so far, you still had a long day ahead of you, and you wanted to get ready for it.

Starting with a shower - it was hot as Satan’s armpits out here, and you smelled heavily of sweat.

You climbed the stairs, and at the top of it was some hobo with a stained white gown, and long tangled hair that hung in front of her face.

“Nope. No. Nada. Ane. Nej. Cha. Hea. Nee.” You backed away as she suddenly dropped to all fours, and crawled after you like some creepy demon from hell.

“I fucking deleted that,” you yelled, thinking of the 666.png, wondering if it was related to all this. She kept crawling towards you, and you almost tripped. That would have been a bad fall. You didn’t want to turn your back on her, so you slowly backed down the stairs. The grudge-wannabe stopped at the top of the stairs, looking like she didn’t know how to get down them. Taking that opportunity, you turned around and ran down the stairs, taking them two at a time. When you reached the foot of the stairs, you paused. You didn’t know where to run. Looking around desperately, you spotted the bathroom. There was a window there that you might be able to escape you. As you dashed towards it, you could hear her tumbling down the stairs.

And I will never finish this, cause its so stupid. I...don't even know what I was doing. Please help me. I claim temporary insanity. SO I guess I take the lazy way and end this with;"And then you died, as you rushed for the bathroom and your soul was pulled to hell or whatever.

6 years ago

I'm not the only one that found this entertaining? The ending was beautiful.

6 years ago

Entertaining like a train wreck? :3

And I ain't the only one that wanted to end it with "And that's how I met your mother - she *fell* for me."

*cue corny laughter from the peanut gallery*

6 years ago

Yeah. *thinks* Your mother..?! 0-0 

6 years ago

It's canon! He has a family with Grudgey! Family dinners are a bit..odd,  and the kids keep murdering the children at school - but they got a nice family!

6 years ago

Aww. I'm glad things worked out for them. :)

6 years ago

Now I'm tempted to write about them >.<