Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

Life as a teenager for our character seems pretty normal. And it is! Or, wait. Is it? Is there something, missing about him or her? Is there a hidden passion? Maybe. Just maybe.

This game meant to maybe be disturbing and/or surprising to anybody expecting a normal game.

The game will start you off with a relatively normal story. But, little do you know, your life is not what it seems.

YOU are not what you seem. You can either embrace it or fight back.

So. If you like what you just heard, jump on the co-author wagon! Who knows what f**ked up S**T we can come up with?

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

Wow, that was really vague. Ummm, huh...? 

This sounds like something Doki Doki inspired. Oh, I'm sure Digit will be all for something like this.  

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

It is, but It won't be focused on computers or anything like that, it will be focused on the weirdness of a storygame. 

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

Well, as long as this potential storygame can somehow be coherent in all of its weirdness, then it shouldn't be something too bad.

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

You guys would love this a lot more if you knew one little thing, but I don't want to spoil it hehe.

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

>Meant to be disturbing and/or surprising to anyone expecting a normal game.

Congratulations, you've just made every game ever made.

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

What I meant by normal game. Was one of an ordinary plot.

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

There isn't one of those. Literally no competent writer with story in mind this side of an advertising firm has ever written something with the intent of being "Ordinary". The idea of "ordinary" is only a conglomerate of tropes and cliches assembled from a series of stories of similar genre that all had that in common. J.R.R. Tolkien didn't set out to write every fantasy story ever, even though it conformed to/set the standard for a lot of the tropes that followed, he only set out to write a good one.

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

Wow, I just got logic-ed the hell out of right now. Thanks! 

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

It’s been said countless times before, but why not one more? 

I suggest not creating a game with a co-author until you’ve demonstrated that you can do it by yourself. Or at least proven that you’re a competent writer. 

Also, your plot seems highly normal. 

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago
What plot?

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

There is none, but I’m sure there is some hybrid thing going on in his head that we don’t know about. 

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

Ebon, Yeah there is. And don't worry, there is a plot. I did not really expect anybody to say this was a good idea, and it was actually kinda what I am aiming for.

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago
I mean but if you don't have any info you're willing to give about a story maybe it's the wrong time to make a thread about it.

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

Haha! Good point! But, I was just throwing the Idea out there :P

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

Awww, thanks!

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

I liked this idea better when it was called Repression.

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

Oh, I loved that storygame. I actually forgot about. I guess you could say that they are alike.

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

Does yours have group hugs?

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

Group hugs?

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

Did you even read Repression or were you just eager in trying to compare yourself to End? 

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

I don't even know End. :P I only read a little bit of Repression. And it was awhile ago...

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

Oh, I see, hmmm! Well, you should consider reading it in-between your writing. 

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

Sure! (I thought this was original, but I guess not. So will people even play it if it isn't all that original?

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

Yeah, they most likely will. But be prepared for all of them that leave comments to say how it was just like such-and-such game, and probably rate you down for it.

E: Or they could rate you up for it, if you improve on the original by enough of a margin for them to notice. I'd say it was a coin toss, but really it's down to just how much effort you put in.

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

Yeah, I have seen that on other storygames as well, but I just have my game lightly based off another storygame. So I am not sure if people will be triggred.

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

meh add me as a co author if you want. I'm semi interested just because of doki doki

An Ordinary Life?

6 years ago

I can help out if you want, whatever the plot is! I've been meaning to do some more co-authoring stuff.