Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello. I'm new.

4 years ago

Hello there,

My name is Lys and I like to write. I thought I would try something new and I am not afraid to say that I'm a little lost with all of this. If you have any advice for me, feel free to share. Thank you in advance.

Hello. I'm new.

4 years ago

Hi, and welcome!

Advice:  get a profile picture; read a bunch of stories and rare and write comments on them to get a sense of the many styles here (try the featured games right on the first page of the storygames section); read the forums for a bit to get a sense of the style of posting; ask any questions at all—someone will help you.

Hello. I'm new.

4 years ago
Welcome!

And Gower already said it, but take some time to read a few stories, browse the articles, mess around with the editor, lurk a bit. Actually writing the stories takes time and effort, and getting involved in the rest of the site can motivate you to stick with whatever project you start.

If you have any specific questions about the editor, just ask. There's also the Advanced Editor board for questions on scripting and variables and the like.

Hello. I'm new.

4 years ago
Welcome to the site! I do hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to check out the info in the "Help & Info" section, there's a bunch there.

Hello. I'm new.

4 years ago

Thanks for all of the advice. I'll be sure to take it all to heart as I work my way around.

Hello. I'm new.

4 years ago

Hello, welcome to CYS. I hope you enjoy the stories here, and I wish you luck in your own writing. If you're looking to get feedback on short non-interactive pieces you've written, feel free to post in the Creative Corner. If you choose to start your own CYOA, you can post in the Writing Workshop to get the opinion of other members (while the story is still on 'sneak preview' mode). Reviews are always appreciated as well.