Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 8/15/2023: no

show negative points

2 years ago

As I have previously shown to lose my points, I am really bad at math. I think I might be at -180 but that may be bad math again. It's a lazy idea but what if the points system on the profile showed negative points instead of zero?

show negative points

2 years ago

Stop posting.

show negative points

2 years ago

They actually used to, but for some reason one of the old admins changed it. You technically still have the negative points, but they just aren't showing.

And since you have to practice your math skills, try to figure out how many negative points you have now.

show negative points

2 years ago

thanks

show negative points

2 years ago
Wasn't it JJJ that changed it because you had some people used negative numbers as bragging rights and he wasn't a fan?

show negative points

2 years ago

The main reason as I remember is on the Help and Info page, where it says points accumulated it was showing a very large number for negative points and JJJ didn't like that look for the site (Usually his ongoing statement whenever he made changes), so that's the reason.

show negative points

2 years ago
https://chooseyourstory.com/forums/news-and-updates/message/21234

Yep.

People with fewer than 0 points will be automatically reset to 0 points nightly. This is necessary to prevent the About Us section from reporting an inaccurate point value.

I do miss the negative points though. Isn't there a way to just change what's displayed on About Us instead so that these users aren't counted?

show negative points

2 years ago
I feel like the negative number was breaking some other part of the site, but I can't remember which one.