Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Graham Greetings

2 years ago
Greetings, O Great Council of CYStians, those who seek to rip this introduction apart, and those who will let their lips upturn slightly and save the grammatical errors in a blackmailing Google Doc for later use. It's been exactly 1,826 days since I first discovered this site, and I never really thought I'd do anything other than fruitlessly try to beat at least one storygame with that flaming 8 rating and check out the wicked fantasy sagas every now and then. Then, I tripped right into the void of writing, Dungeons & Dragons, and other creative pursuits, so I suppose it's about time I officially joined the ranks of cringe CYS newbies.

Now, in the 1,826 days it's been since I discovered this site, I have written quite a bit of, as is the scientific term, stuff. However, this stuff did not include anything that was a storygame. I believe the general population will be glad to find none of this stuff is Warrior Cats fanfiction, thank the heavens and villain-protagonist-created hells. I've got a work-in-progress storygame sitting at around 2,000 words, which I will strive to finish within a month to get past the mark of 'yay, first cringe CYS newbie story done'. It's a Modern one, which I figure will get a less-than-subpar rating based on the average scores of its genre and its attempts at humour, but I've had some good fun with its style so far. I find the Help & Info page to be very helpful, and that link in the Basic HTML article? Brilliant.

Delving into the forums, I hold a Very Strong Internet Opinion that my skin of parchment paper and feather-stuffed pillows will not be enough to last long. I am terrified, and I have several bets placed on me by friends that I will run away from my computer within a month, two weeks, or the day after posting this. I expect to lose in spectacular fashion to the lovely people who cashed in on the last option. Until then, I will attempt to marginally improve my writing and storytelling skills through this site, as well as have some plain old fun. Obligatory English is not my first language sentence goes here, because it is not. My first language is Klingon, so I apologise for any damage I have done to the holy shrine of SPAG. In any case, hello CYS! Thank you for providing a good deal of entertainment these past few years and inspiring me to try and create some entertaining works of my own. Thank you for also serving as a warning to not go too near Choice of Games if I want to live in any capacity.

Graham Greetings

2 years ago
Welcome to the site!

Graham Greetings

2 years ago
Thank you! I'm a big fan of "Boobs!!!", it was an enlightening experience unlike any other. I started a petition pertaining to the abolishment of the scholastic system altogether in favour of playing the storygame for hours on end. Sadly, all such efforts were for naught.

Jokes aside, thank you for the welcome! Your article about how paths work was super helpful.

Graham Greetings

2 years ago
Thank you for your kind words.

Feel free to stare at my boobs all you like. Just know that you are not alone in doing so...

Graham Greetings

2 years ago

Greetings, new member! Welcome to CYS! I must say, I'm quite impressed by your incredible introduction. 

It's an honor to have someone with incredible vocabulary as a new member and I look forward to reading your future works and stories and hope that you won't ditch the computer in a few weeks. If the CYS interface or something confuses you, feel free to ask a question, although most of the stuff might have already been covered on the Help & Info page. I'm sure your stories will be as impressive as your first introduction. Good luck on your stories!

btw I don't speak Klingon well so you might have to write your stories in either standard English or Vulcan

Jokes aside, welcome to the site and I hope you enjoy your stay! 

Graham Greetings

2 years ago
Hello! First of all, I must give you some measure of digital applause for your username. I wipe tears from my vision spheres as I type this, gazing upon the artistry of Deis_Nahtz.

Your profile is full of relatability to the point where I'm convinced you're capable of writing every writer's biography. Losing 8 hours of sleep over one sentence? Truly, thou art a seer, viewing many a prospective author's future. Hopefully not yours, though, considering your two storygames. I'm excited to see where Missions Unlimited: Burning Metal goes, since the spy and crime genre is one of my favourites. I'm also looking forward to One Way Home, since as hard as horror storygames are to properly pull off, when they're done right, they are done right.

Most of the stuff I need for now was covered by the Help & Info page, but I'm always down for creative collaborations. Creative collaborations having the definition of 'collectively getting a headache over the English language', in this context. ??, fellow Trekkie and new CYStian!

Graham Greetings

2 years ago

Thank you, I'm very grateful for the kind words. I'm crying tears of joy since you are the very first person to comprehend the full extent and meaning of my username.

Your profile and bio is just as majestic and relatable, it's the perfect summary of my life in three words. However, I'm sure with your incredible writing style and way with words, you will be quite a successful author, as even your forum posts are enjoyable to read. 

I'm also ecstatic to see that you're interested in my storygames. I've made a bit of good progress on Burning Metal which was greatly inspired by Ogre11's Spy Mission, however it is as you say, horror games are quite hard to make. However, both should be done soon I hope, perhaps in a couple of weeks. Or a couple of months. Likewise, I'm just as excited to find out more about your storygames and to see what kind of exquisite writing you will make.

Your definition of creative collaborations is quite accurate.I love creative collaborations and I'm down always down for it as well although it does give us all headaches (most of the time, I'm the one giving everyone else headaches). However it's quite fun to do with close friends or people who you understand well since you can adapt to each other's writing styles and add ideas one might have missed. 

??Live long and prosper my fellow Trekkie! Welcome to CYS!
Edit: Just realized emojis don't work here. Damn.

Graham Greetings

2 years ago
"Vision spheres."

...I like you already.

Graham Greetings

2 years ago

Welcome to the site!  After lurking for five years (wow), you'll be fine here, since you know what to expect.  Impressive review on the new star wars game!