Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Overlord Anime & CYS

2 years ago
So I started watching the Overlord Anime series on Hulu and was like 'Hmm, sure seeing a lot of CYS parallels here...'.

I found it interesting enough, to read the entire collection of folders on its TV Tropes page (which I did over four days on lunch breaks).

Then, finding myself with nothing better to binge, I went to the Funimation site, so I could check out the rest of the seasons - as the usual sites only have season one.

OK, so there are parallels, yes, but episode one into season two and there is a Penguin character! This isn't just parallels and coincidence - they went and plagerised our entire site!

It was bad enough what AI Dungeon did, but this is too much lol!

Overlord Anime & CYS

2 years ago

Lmao CYS is so popular that even animes have already ripped off the site!

I watched Overlord a while back but I got bored and dropped it a few episodes in so I have no idea what season two is about.

Overlord Anime & CYS

2 years ago
Is there also a hooded necromancer and a thicc elf?

Overlord Anime & CYS

2 years ago

Main character is a skeleton man (formerly human) and this is a succubus (that is a virgin) Succubus wants to desperately succ him, but his friend created her and he doesn't want the succ. The gag is that she wants to jump his bones, but he kind of looks at her as in a daughter kind of way or something. Doesn't want to betray the memories of his friends. She will never get his bone at this rate. 

Overlord Anime & CYS

2 years ago
Just like the relationship dynamic in CYS :p

Overlord Anime & CYS

2 years ago
Some of the glaring similarities I saw –

Death Incarnate Leader commanding unwavering loyalty among his followers.
Super powerful female characters akin to Loyal Daughters.
A Penguin Character in a high station.
A Giant Marmot (or hamster or whatever).
They even had a nod to Lovecraft Mythos.
Every one of the main characters outclass the rest of the world by leaps and bounds. Completely obliterate their adversaries without even trying.

The parallels between CYS and the rest of the IF community (that we are constantly bitch-slapping back into the stone age) cannot be ignored.

^v^

Overlord Anime & CYS

2 years ago

I was not expecting a thread about Overlord of all things from you. 

It's a pretty good show, but the source material from the novels are better. Sometimes the animation reaches QUALITY level, such as cgi clapping. 

Oh, but season 4 is dropping soon. I'm looking forward to it. 

Overlord Anime & CYS

2 years ago
I will occasionally binge watch an anime series from time to time; and as I have been on a fantasy world building kick lately, Overlord caught my eye.

I enjoyed it enough that I'll want to see continuing seasons as well.

Overlord Anime & CYS

2 years ago
On the subject of anime, have you seen The Legend of Vox Machina yet? (Yes, I know it's not "real anime" but it is awesome and an absolute must see.) ^_^

Overlord Anime & CYS

2 years ago
I haven't, but might as well go check it out if I can find it.

Overlord Anime & CYS

2 years ago
One of the best shows I've seen in a long time. ^_^

Overlord Anime & CYS

2 years ago

I personally think that you are looking a bit too into it.

While there are indeed some parallels, such as necromancer lord and the whole "villains perspective" thing, It's really just wholly coincidental. There's a necromancer guy who isn't really too evil and he also happens to have a penguin underling. There's not really anything else noteworthy.

Overlord Anime & CYS

2 years ago
Overlord IV hyp