Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 5/6/2023: The button's been murdered.

Remove the Forum Search Button

one year ago
Just another reminder, so you don't forget next time...

Forum Search button doesn't work.

one year ago

Shouldn't the intended solution to "search doesn't work" be "make search work" rather than "remove the button"?

one year ago
I suggest adding another button, next to the first, that reads: "Click here if Original Search does not work". Then it redirects to a Rick-Roll.

one year ago

I support this 100%.

one year ago
Google exists.

And I can see from the actually painful gibberish masquerading as letters and punctuation in your post that you're unsavvy enough to still be using the RTE by choice, so I'm gonna trust that people like Brad and Tony know a whole lot more and that there's a reason the extension already runs searches through 20 years of threads through Google as it is.

one year ago
Normally yes, however the reason this feature is being removed is because it actually never worked well. It was processing-intensive and would time out depending on how vague the search terms were. The way it worked also required a separate process to be running alongside SQL. The feature was ousted when Alex migrated the site in some way that I'm now forgetting. In any case, Google should be fine.