Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

newbie in trouble - item effects and images

one year ago
Hi guys, I'm having trouble adding item effects, I don't know whats wrong! I also can't add any images. :(

ITEM EFFECTS: It opens the pop-up and I pick which page I want it to be used on and where it should take you, but when I click "okay" nothing changes and I still keep getting the pop-up telling me I can't use it there..

IMAGES: whenever I click to try to change the image it doesn't give me the option to put in my own image.

Pretty sure both of these are issues with my computer and not the website, so if anyone knows what's going on help me out please! Thank youuuu

one year ago

Now someone else may help out more with the items, but about the images: Can you describe exactly what you're doing to "change it"? Like, step by step? Cause it should be pretty simple to input the URL. And yes, this site mostly doesn't let you "upload" pictures (500x500 max, and there's a 100kb file size max I believe), you need to upload them somewhere else and then link to them.

Or do like I do and have shitty small images, which you upload by going to "My stuff -> Pictures" and then uploading there.

one year ago
You need to have uploaded the images via My Stuff > Pictures for them to be available in the drop down, same as for profile pics.

Someone more familiar with inventory items can probably help you with the first one, if not I'll try and take a look after work.

one year ago
After you attempt to add the item effect, does the effect you made appear on the item's page? There should be a row between the title "Item Effects" and the link to add new effect.

one year ago
I had a minute so I went in and added an effect to be used on the page called Inside the Lab, and take you to the one about taking notes (which as far as I can tell seems to have been the intent.) It did work for me so I'm not sure what was causing the problem.

I will note though that it's entirely unnecessary to mess with items in this scenario. You could make a variable called %PEN and toggle it from 0 to 1 if the player goes back for the backpack. Then just use a link restriction (the little stop sign icon) to make an option to use your own pen that only shows up when %PEN is at 1.