Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

I'm new!

one year ago
Hello! I am new.

I wanted to self publish CYA books but decided to try sharing my stories here to hopefully get some feedback and improve.

I hope we can be friends :)

Edit: I realize this wasn't an introductory thread....
But a place to ask newbie questions.

So... can anyone tell me what sort of genres thrive here? :D

I'm new!

one year ago
Welcome!

Epic or grimdark fantasy tend to be the more popular stories, but that's probably more due to that being the preferred genre of some of the more popular and prolific authors. I would say people here would be positive to just about anything, the main thing being looked at is the quality of the writing and how entertaining it is. So just go with something you yourself are interested enough in to see through, because these can be pretty extensive projects.

I'm new!

one year ago

Welcome, I'm new here too.

I'm new!

one year ago
Welcome, hope you have fun here. The writing workshop and creative corner are good to get some feedback on plot and writing quality overall.

Couple of genres are pretty popular here, mainly fantasy and its grimdark counterpart. Scifi, mystery, and love & dating have good stories too, imo. I also recommend checking out individual authors, people like Endmaster, NinjaPitka, or Mystic_Warrior have multiple great stories.

All in all, though, the genre you pick doesn't matter as much as how well you craft the story. A good writer can make any genre a good read.

I'm new!

one year ago
Hi there! Good luck with your writing!