Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

A Wholesome Grimdark Discussion

one month ago

I threw up in my mouth reading Ford's thread.

one month ago

I spewed vomit all over everything when I read the thread. Then I vomited again trying to clean it up.

one month ago

Funny enough I'm currently writing a bit in Soulless where a troll unleashes his vomit attack at you and melts the goblin you use as a meat shield.

one month ago

That sounds pretty cool actually.  

one month ago

Yeah it's a pretty gruesome scene and then soon followed up by goblin rape. (Tastefully of course)

one month ago

Everyone's just making stories with rape content right now it seems. I'm unsure what a tasteful endmaster rape scene would look like, although I look forward to finding out. The sembra one from eternal is definetly my favourite one so far. 

one month ago
I don't know about "everybody", but End writes a lot of grimdark and a lot of times morbidly humorous rated R stuff, that just like an 80s movie will usually contain it somewhere no matter what the rest of it is about. Usually not in excessive detail though and usually just part of a whole package of a setting's unpleasantness.

And then there's the occasional worshipful autist who wants to emulate him but doesn't have any sense of nuance or restraint and so just piles on shock content with no other understanding of storycraft. But aside from these cringe attempts to be the new grand high edgemaster it's not very common.

The storygame End is working on now is about derro dwarves though, so uh, hope you like rape because it will probably have like a billion of them. (Tasteful though!)

one month ago

I see, I think with end I find that it works because he can actually make it feel purposeful or sensicial to the plot, while with others it may feel abrupt or random. I get what you're saying about needing the setting to be right and stuff as well. 

Typically I probably wasn't much of a fan of very grim dark stuff that end master writes about, and I've even told him that when I first read his tories they carried a lot of shock value for me, although i suppose my experience with end and his writing has probably helped open my mind towards more "controversial " Or hard to write about plots. 

one month ago
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of like, relentlessly grimdark stuff either, but End has this very personable style of writing and a lot of his stuff is so over the top it loops around to read as dark humor for me. So I'm always entertained where I probably wouldn't be so much with lesser writers handling the same material.

He'll do reviews of old movies and comic books sometimes too, and similarly my takeaway from those is always, "I would not enjoy reading/watching these things, but End talking about it makes it all sound immensely fun."

one month ago

Looking forward to your next work, End.

Goblin rape has many naysayers. 

Obviously those people have never read well-written goblin rape, apparently. 

one month ago

one month ago

Split this off from Ford's thread since it didn't deserve to be mixed in with Kiel's degenerate faggotry.

one month ago
this is a timeless post