Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

can anyone help ???

one month ago
are there any visual novel type story games on this website ? I look forward to making some and i could really use some inspo . Thanks in advance !!

can anyone help ???

one month ago
Not to my knowledge. It's not easy to create a purely visual novel with the site's infrastructure, which is mostly text-based. Not to say there aren't visual aspects in some stories, of course.

can anyone help ???

one month ago
Sort of? There's this one: Color Your Own Adventure

It's the only one I've seen though, so if and when you do make one... you'd basically be an industry pioneer (here, anyway).

can anyone help ???

one month ago

huh, this is really cool and endearing. I wish she made more. Super skilled. 

can anyone help ???

one month ago
The engine is meant to emulate the classic gamebooks (which were originally printed books in the 80s and 90s). So unless you are good enough at coding to make it do things it wasn't originally intended for, it handles variable tracking, inventory, dice rolls, and connecting pages to other pages.

Otherwise, you can place character portraits or images easily if you know basic HTML, but that's not really the focus of the site so there aren't really many existing examples of storygames done that way. Creative uses of the editor are always welcome though if it results in a fun game.

can anyone help ???

one month ago
no