Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Steve Irwin died today. I'm not joking, and I don't think it is funny. Steve Irwin was a great person who loved animals, and was well known by people in Australia and worldwide. When I heard that he was gone, I thought it was a joke. It's not. He died filming a documentary from a sting ray attack. I hope that people will learn from his example, living a life he enjoyed and dying doing what he believed in and enjoyed. He showed everyone that life is a precious thing and we should take advantage of every moment.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
I know.. I can't believe he died. He was such a great man, and an awesome personality. Bloody stingrays.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
I read about it on the yahoo.com.au news today. I hadn't realised stingrays were that dangerous, I always thought of them as slow, lumbering animals. They never seem to do anything on other documentaries I've seen, just glide slowly about the water...

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
I'm sure you do, but out of interest do you know who Steve Irwin is? He was the biggest legend ever! It's a shame he died from anything, even if it is a sting-ray. If he got killed by them, what chance do we have?

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Sad... Verry Sad. A friend of mine used to work for him, at an amusement park in QLD. Said he was a funny guy... hard to work with. but funny. he was an Aussie Icon.
Sting rays are not usualy dangerouse as they dont generaly attack. but if you go to touch them they might. they also dont usualy kill. unfortunantly it got him in a bad spot.
oh well. his poor family.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago

Imagine how Bindi (his daughter) would feel.. horrible.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Yep... tragic. I heard on the radio that his wife is out treking somewhere and doesnt even know yet.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
She would've known by now.. but I know she was trekking. She would have brought a mobile or something.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Yea it was this morning I heard it, and they said she was out of range because it was up on mountains. I think she would know now. usualy they wont allow it to air on the news untill the family all know.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
It's a good thing they do that too. He was only fourty four.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago

poor dude.  i have him all over my msn account right now.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
I saw it on the 10 o' clock news.  Poor dude.  I knew sting rays don't like to be messed with and they are hard to see, but wow, they are tough!

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
But Steve shoulda died from a crocodile, not a ray. Hence Croc Hunter! It would of made his death a little less tragic, but yeah, his family must be totally shocked and sad. To put it lightly.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Yeah, I think the barb, which wouldn't normally kill him, got in between his ribs and poked his heart, so he bled out pretty quickly.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
I SAY WE MAKE STING RAYS EXTINCT. kick there goddam fuckign asses.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago

or should i say Extinged.

ahhahaha

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Well, they ARE cool, and if the Jews killed like the U.N., would we genocide the Jews?

Okay, bad example. I guess with humans, it doesn't work. But that'd be like killing whalers cuz they killed most of the whales.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
I heard,and i was in shock!

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
i fell so bad,I mean to die like that,and to leave his family alone, ,i heard it on the news,and it is so upsetting,i CANNOT belive it,he cared for dangerous,but his lovable animals,i remeber the movie he mad four years ago.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Your compassion is very touching JJJ, but I'm sure that if Steve had a say in the matter, he wouldn't want all Stingrays dead. He was in their territory, and always in danger of being hurt, a message he announced in his shows frequently. He wouldn't want them dead, nor any other animal.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
When my dad was surfing the news channels, I saw commercials for reports on Irwin's death like for every channel.  I'm not surprised, though. As crazy as he was, he lived life to its fullest and loved animals.
But  can you believe what Steve's family and the director who did like every one of his shows feel? Poor people. Especially his daughter...

Steve Irwin

17 years ago

Steve for president.  Steve for president.

Extinged Extinged Extinged.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Well He is an Aussie and we dont have a President!
the thing I find sad is I know so many people who didnt like him... Untill now!
He shouldnt ahve to die to get respect from so many people.
and the sting ray.... Well I dont blame him... if someone came swimming in my house... big cameras all around... I freak out too!

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Apparently he's bigger in America then he is in Australia, because over here we're used to him and his crikey - in America it's unusual. I noticed that he wasn't proclaimed a hero until he died. I hate that.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Yeah. Most people took Steve Irwin for granted and didn't know what they had until they lost him.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
That's how a lot of things are sadly. While watching Scary Movie 4 during, the part where the guy say's, "He has suffered a heart attack...brought on by this knife." My dad said, "Oh, by the way, Steve Irwin, you know the croc hunter." I said yes, " Well he had a heart attack...brought on by the barb of a stingray." I thought crap...that sucks. Sadly, I never really saw anything with him in it, like the movies or even really the show. Sad that he is dead though.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
 The video he was making was for his daughter. : O

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
It is sad. I know a guy who worked at his zoo in QLD. Most the people in Australia, I think, at some point found him annoying... the whole Aussie image that he created that none of us realy are... but at the same time, he had become an Icon. I remember when his T.V show started in 1992 or something like that. I was still in primary school... ahhh back in the day.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago

WHO SAID HE COULD GO AND GET KILLED?

that dude was my idol.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
On one of the news things, there was some feminist ***** who didn't like Steve and said 'That man harrassed nature and this is nature's revenge!'

Yeah right. It then showed a clip of Irwin stop the recording of him and a snake because the animal was getting stressed. He loved animals. He even said after that 'I want these animals to be happy and we'll stop because she's stressed.' but with his accent and such.

That feminist [needs to brush her teeth] was just jealous of Steve Irwin. He was awesome.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago

That feminist should be put on the stake.  She should be crucified and then jsut as shes about to die, we feed her to teh stiingrays.

They'll eat her flesh and get sick and all of the m die.

Two birds, one stone.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Aw yeah! Down with...uh...I forgot her name.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Down with that irwinhater.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago

She is just... I wont say it...

She is an ex-Ausse, Claming to know what we all hate about him!

I respect people have differrent opinions of people... But I think it is just Disrespectful to talk about some one in such away after their death.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Exactly. It's just rude. I bet everyone hates her now for dissing the croc-wrestling, snake-taming, crikey-yelling man known as Steve Irwin.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
New Replies Go Here

BTW -  I really don't care about Steve.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago

Die Heathen.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
For what?  Should I care for the other 100s that die each day?  I really don't care about Idolizing famous people so when they die, they die.  I mean sure, it's unfortunate, but lets think about the living.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago

No, he was liek an idol to me you cant just tell me not to think about him.

Irwin is practically a religion, how would you like about it if someone told you.

Dont think about god, lets think about the living.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Then again, Irwin said he wanted to be remembered as an ordinary man, so I think we shouldn't bother that.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
screw what he thinks.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
It would be a shame if the tape of his death went out on the internet and all the crooks sold it and eveything. That would be sad.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
yeahm, id literally kill them. and tape it then sell those.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
But Havacoman, you could be a little more nicer to a man who lived life to its fullest and a man who was just great. He loved animals and was just a great man. You don't just say he died, you say "Wow, didn't see that coming. He was a great man. We'll miss you, Steve Irwin." and a little crying if you want.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
He was a great person. I went up to the Australia Zoo once and was so excited but he was out filming a documentary and I didn't get to see him. I was thinking of going up again to see him but now it's impossible. Anybody who hasn't seen him (not necessarily live) has missed out on something

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
I agree.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Has anybody ever seen Steve Irwin in reality before?

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Yes. Back when he was first starting out he came to our school, With snakes and stuff.
A Friend of mine worked for him at their Zoo as well. Mind you he lives in QLD so I ahvent talked to him in about 2 years just know he works there.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
That was about 10 years ago though.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Some guy came to our kindergarten with crocodiles and stuff back when I was four or something (nine years ago) and I used to think it was Steve Irwin.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Maybe it was. The guy I know who workes for him, Has to basically do impersonations of steve for Audiances, and sometimes at schools, So its hard to know back then weather it was him realy, Or just someone who worked for him. Although I think back then he probably didnt need people to impersonate him for shows.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
I never said you can't imortalize him.  I said I'm not.  Some guy here in Nebraska was in Mexico.  He was lost for a week and Steve heard while he was down in Mexico.  Steve helped look and found that guy.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
I didn't hear about that. What a legend.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
It was only on our local news.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Then again, how many other people volunteered to help? Steve Irwin got a lot of credit because he was already famous.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
that is true, many other ordinary people were also looking for him... Steve Irwin happened to be closer thouygh so he got there first, but many people were also looking.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Oh, so Steve Irwin actually found him? By all means give him credit.. I thought he was just another one of the people looking for him.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
i give steve irwin credit for being himself.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
What about all the other people who are being themselves?

Oh good, I was able to write this all in one post, I nearly clicked on the post message button.. I hate having to do extra posts. Now to the point. You could give him credit for being himself while having so much fame. He didn't become full of himself.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
He was Steve Irwin. nothing else must be said.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
I saw Connie and Aggro when I was up there. Maybe it was your friend I saw feeding them.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Possible, when did you go there?

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
I went up there three years ago pretty much. Was he there then?

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
yea, it would be about 5 years he has worked there now.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Does he/did he work with Connie and Aggro? Those are the two crocodiles I saw when I went up to Queensland.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago
Well I'm not positive, but at times I think he has, I dont think that is where he regularly works. I'll ask him.

Steve Irwin

17 years ago

Hey, guys. I have an update. Take a look at this.

http://www.wgal.com/news/9825184/detail.html

Steve Irwin

17 years ago

Let's forget God and think about the living? JJJ, no offence, I love Steve Irwin too, but I think Havacoman has a point. Killing all the stingrays and Irwin haters would not be what Steve would want, and it wouldn't bring him back either.

By the way JJJ, even though you're entitled to your opinion, saying that God isn't livng is, well, a very ouchy subject, because to many religions God is living. In a way. It's hard to explain.

By the way, Steve Irwin had a love for snakes an crocs too, and if he is your idol, as you say, you probably like those creatures too. If he was killed by a croc or a King Brown or whatever, what would you do then?