Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Uglies, Pretties, Specials

17 years ago
Horrible name, phenomenal series. Any other readers?

17 years ago
Every single time I look for it in the library its taken. I've been trying to get those books for three damn months.

I've heard of them, if I haven't made myself that clear yet.

17 years ago
Put them on hold :D

17 years ago
Only one person may reserve them at a time :P

17 years ago
wow. Popular!

17 years ago
Man, I can't believe I forgot to mention this. My favourite book is by Scott Westerfield as well (he's the guy that did Uglies, Pretties, Specials). He wrote Peeps. I love that book.

17 years ago
I love the midnighters as welll.

17 years ago
I've heard of that too. But I've got school holidays now, so it'll be another two weeks. If I wasn't so lazy I'd just go down to the book store and buy it though :P

17 years ago
Hahahhaha. Yeah im the same way

16 years ago
Finally got my hands on it. I'm midway through Pretties but I can't find Specials anywhere. It's nearly as good as Peeps, honestly.

16 years ago
what is this book about?

16 years ago
I think it is one of those dystopian sci-fi worlds. personally, I love that kind of thing, but I haven't seen the books anywhere, even though I belong to an excellent library.

16 years ago
My sister got them at a bookstore.

16 years ago
There's a fourth one.  It's called Extras.  It isn't about Tally, I don't think, but it is set in the same world.

16 years ago
I'm about halfway through Specials now. Never heard of Extras before, but maybe I'll be able to guess once I finish this one.

16 years ago

Extras? As in extra prople?

There's something about that in another series of books by another author...

16 years ago
You're right Seth. I looked it up on Wikipedia, it's due out in October this year, and Aya is the protagonist instead of Tally, although she's in the book.

16 years ago
Yeah I want it :D

16 years ago
I can't be bothered reading the final half of Specials. Its boring now, and if I hear the words "bubbly", "icy" or "we're special now Tally, that just makes us so bloody cool because of our friggin advanced vision oh we're so bubbly and icy because the author can't help pointing that out every two paragraphs". He's a good author, but in this book he's repeditive. I liked Peeps better,

16 years ago

I LOVED PEEEEEPS!

Sorry =, Im just uberenthusiastic about that book.

16 years ago
I made a topic about it a while back. I'm not sure if you're still able to reply to it, but anyway, that's my favourite book.

16 years ago
So sorry but when is Others coming out?

16 years ago
Extras, you mean? October 28, this year. Just Wikipedia-ed it.

16 years ago
OCTOBER! ITS COMING OUT IN YOUR MONTH ITS AN OMEN.

16 years ago
I thought somebody would say that. Glad to see it was you, JJJ :P

Like I said, I probably won't get it as I was too fed up with Specials and never finished it.

16 years ago
lol (well actually, just smiled) -- anyway, at the bookstore where I work, the other day a woman asked me where the Uglies, Pretties, Specials books were, and I seriously considered telling her that a friend of mine started out loving them but got bored with them by the end, and recommending Peeps instead.  But I didn't.

16 years ago
I was about to say "Oh sweet, you know Peeps as well?" but then I got a sneaking suspicion that you were talking about me.

16 years ago
yes, yes I was. . .

16 years ago
Oh... good. I had a sneaking suspicion then that you weren't talking about me. Oh well, thanks for clearing that up. Nice job you picked up at a book store anyway. I'd love to work at one of those places.

16 years ago

Me tooo!