Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

I Write Like

13 years ago
Here's a site that might be of some minor interest.

http://iwl.me/

You copy some of your writing and it tries to analyze who you write like. Probably not very accurate, still it provides some interesting results.

Here's what I got when I posted the first page (or second page in some cases) of my stories.

Tales From the Basement- Chuck Palahniuk
Exploitation Theater- William Gibson
Repression- David Foster Wallace
TRASH- Stephen King
Paradise Violated- Ursula K. Le Guin
Legend- David Foster Wallace
Death Song- George Orwell
Love SICK- David Foster Wallace
Alpha Wolf- Kurt Vonnegut
Imagination- Douglas Adams
Geek- Kurt Vonnegut
Ground Zero- Margaret Atwood
A Very Special Choose Your Story- David Foster Wallace
Necromancer- Chuck Palahniuk
Primal- David Foster Wallace

Yeah, I don't get some of those either!

I Write Like

13 years ago

Paraplaniac - Stephen King
OMS - Oscar Wilde (first real page) / Dan Brown (last page) <---------------- LOL
The Tower - James Joyce

Too lazy to do the rest because this hostel in Prague has a shitty computer. So, who sees the resemblence between Trash and Paraplaniac, hahahaha.

I generally look at George Orwell as a very very very competent story teller with marginally good linguistic skill.

I Write Like

13 years ago

it said i write like harper lee. whoever that is.

I Write Like

13 years ago

I've seen that site before; it's pretty retarded, in my opinion.  This chick I know, who writes very poorly, got Neil Gaiman, Faulkner, and some people I've never heard of. haha

If that site had a " I write like: shit" result, then I'd believe it, but it doesn't.  I input some of the worst writing I'd ever read, and got an acclaimed science fiction write, who, despite my never having heard of her, has actually won a dickload of awards.

This was the exerpt:

"There is no such thing as one World, but there is
such as new worlds" In the year 3000 on Earth, one Event happened that
would change the universe forever. One Universe collided with ours
which made all weapons of mass destruction, all technology in which we
rely on, and all of mother natures beauty came to a quick halt.

Earth tried to fight back to fend off the invaders, but they did not know
how; All of Earths Nations came together to fight as one just this only
time to defend their home. But soon the invaders found a way to get
through their superior defenses and discuise themselves to look like
humans...

And the writer's name he got was Ursula K. Le Guin.

I Write Like

13 years ago
Only God could write something that beautiful.

I Write Like

13 years ago

Worst thing is; there's more!  Everything he writes is like that.  The first time I read it, I sincerely became depressed for the future, especially considering that he was an upperclassman in high school. haha 

I Write Like

13 years ago

(Speaking of which, that was a poor use of semicolon on my part, haha, but after reviewing what you're about to read, I became disoriented.)

Feast your eyes! haha

But the invaders were not human at all. Most come from a family of Hell Angels, and Aqua Soldiers; They had also saw us as invaders and fought back. they had obtained powers that no man on Earth would ever consume. Fire, Water, Ice, Wind, Reptilian, Dragon Elements and much more. these Warriors were seen as "unique" and lucky to have these abilities, but soon one scientist did the research on one of these unique warriors and soon came to a conclusion that their powers were not coming from their Blood and mind, But from a much powerful source. A man Named 'Felron' is the most powerful leader of the universe, a man that can take out a single human army with one single blow. A man that will make you wish you were never born... But he has good in him, as long as his heart pumps with blood of Many Gods, the Element Users will forever be able to use this penetrating power.

Nations that have lost their powerful leaders struggle to resurrect their Nation leaders. Such as Adolf Hitler from Germany and Hitoku Taga-Saku from Japan. Many felt it was unnecessary.
President Josh Wolfman of the United States of America tried to stop Germany from starting another war with their temporary allies, but they promised to not let that happen.

A Captain named 'Dante' ; A Hell Angel promised his Universe he would help them to victory. Many cheered, thousands roared, and millions joined him in the fight to defend their world.

July 4th, 3000. Known as "Day of the Vultures" for the Americans, much blood was shed, the skies were darker than ones blood on the whitest floor. Many men were lost in the epic battle for Survival so far. But the War of Two Galaxies Has Just Begun

It's for an RPG he wanted to make.  Some of his character's names include: Felron, Sonic, Vergil, Dante, Akuma, and Trigun.  Mother fucking Trigun.  But don't think for a second that they're ripoffs - all of these characters has absolutely nothing in common with their anime/videogame counterparts, which I'm not necessarily saying exist.  After all, Akuma and Trigun are very common names.

I Write Like

13 years ago

I put in about 35,000 words from my in progress novel Forerunner. I got Harry Harrison.

I Write Like

13 years ago

I want a subscription to this guys works. And his autobiography and an autograph. I wish I was that good.

I Write Like

13 years ago
Have you read Joseph Conrad? God, if that person just tried increasing their vocabulary, thats who'd they write like. But that might just be the headache talking.

I Write Like

13 years ago

Unfortunately, JJJ, this gem is lost to the world.  The site he wrote this in died a couple months ago.  However, somewhere out there, he resides, and one day he will return to take us all by storm.  But until then, we must wait... and wait..... and wait.

He was so fuckin' annoying. haha

What are you talking about, Mage.  This guy far surpasses Conrad!  After the world reads UNLEASHED!, which is the title of his work, people are gonna be like "Heart of What?  I'm sorry, but I'm far too engaged in this conversation between General Mike Hawk and this Infantry man, about the General's son dying, given his having no ammo to defend himself against the people, it turns out, he and his squad were invading."

I Write Like

13 years ago

I'm in Paris right now and having a heart attack because I can't access my reserve bank account (for when I run out of the 10 euros I have left) because it's Canadian and there are no branches for out here.  Hell of a dilemma.  May have to not eat or sleep until the 5th of August hahahaha.

Wish General Mike Hawk was here to protect me.

I Write Like

13 years ago

Fuuuuuuccccckkkkk!  Why the hell can't you access your accout?

I Write Like

13 years ago

Accurate or not, it is quite amusing. It said I write like Stephen King, when I inputed my Blair Witch tales story 'Another Soul for the Blair Witch':

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4664364/1/The_bBlair_b_bWitch_b_bTales_b

Maybe I should compare it, and see if that site is total bullshit, or if there is some logic behind it.

I Write Like

13 years ago

Okay, I inputed two of my chapters of a fan fiction story, and got the same result: Chuck Palahniuk. I looked his Tell-All story up, and noticed where that Write Like analyser get's it's logic from. It isn't total bull shit after all, but it's not saying you write good or bad. It's just merely saying who you WRITE LIKE.

I Write Like

13 years ago
Found a bank who's atms accept it but instead it just ate my card and wouldn't give it back, and it was on a Sunday and in France banks aren't open on Mondays and I had to leave on the Monday morning. Roflcopter....

So I'm in the UK, managed to find a friends house, I came to the country with 13£ to my name and it took 12.90 to get to where I am now. Oh and the passport guy was a hairsbreadth from denying me entry to the country. If he had done that, I'd be stuck in Europe pseudopermanently.

Fucking crazy shit.

I Write Like

13 years ago

Daaamn, that's nuts. When I go overseas I'm going to keep a wad of emergency cash.

I Write Like

13 years ago
Yeah, well I had 1200 euros on a credit card and 1000 dollars on a backup card and they never were near eachother. I had it all budgeted properly into the 1200 but I didn't budget for a surprise 50 euro cost (because my pass doesn't cover entry to the UK since the British don't really consider themselves European lol) which is a lot of money when you're talking about the last few days of a trip. But I wasn't worried, I would just dip into my backup finds right? And then the ATM ate my card lol. Unfortunate. Now I'm just waiting for some money to be added to my original card by family but it's difficult to get ahold of people who are planning their own weddings. They're of course busy.

Home in like 2 days, then I've got a bachelor party and a wedding to attend but after that, I may have a few days to get back into our RPG planning, Slobbo.

I Write Like

13 years ago

I have a surprising amount of time considering how much is going on with school. Probably due to my awesome half and third days.

Btw, met someone with genius-level IQ today. We talked game design - he's got some crazy-awesome ideas. Profiling someone's play and changing the game environment down the line, modular speech or text convos so they don't have to program in different NPC responses individually... he says game design is fine but "I prefer to play with real people" which was kind of scary, but also awesome.

Also feeling a sudden inexplicable urge to prove my intellect. Damn.

I Write Like

13 years ago
I'm looking at our stuff right now, excited to get back into this.

I Write Like

13 years ago

Damn right!

Can't wait to use my character.

I Write Like

13 years ago
Have some new ideas for magic and it's effects on the world. Also going to include some really cool creatures and organizations, like Werewolves, Vampires and the like. They won't be your classical creatures though. My inspiration comes from the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. It's a 12 book series and the next instalment comes out on March 31 2011. Incredibly entertaining books. There was a crappy tv show spin off based on it but they butchered it.

I Write Like

13 years ago

Ugh. Vampires and Werewolves just don't feel the same since twilight got unleashed on the unsuspecting world.

I Write Like

13 years ago
You'll like the way I've pictured them, trust me. Not just vampires and werewolves though, also many other creatures and ideas. It will make for a more rounded universe. I'm growing tired of universes with dwarves and elves and goblins but not fairies, vampires, werewolves and other paranormal creatures.

I Write Like

13 years ago

I'm ready whenever. Let's just get the weapons done quickly and get down to some playing.

The google doc still won't save my edits, though.

I Write Like

13 years ago
I got William Gibson and Stephen King. lol