Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

5 point reward(s)!

13 years ago
Hey guys! If you can find stories out there that are improperly judged, either for maturity or difficulty, let me know. Each story you find (that I agree with your assessment of) will get you 5 points.

Thanks,
3J

5 point reward(s)!

13 years ago
Oh, improper or missed tags count too.

5 point reward(s)!

13 years ago

I'm not sure if you'll agree, but "Internets: The Dark Abyss" uses a lot of inappropriate language and is rated 4 on the maturity scale. If it was up to me I'd rate at least a 6, but that's just me.

5 point reward(s)!

13 years ago
I just ran through it again and didn't see the aforementioned inappropriate language. Where was it? (Perhaps I played a path where it wasn't present).

5 point reward(s)!

13 years ago

Hmm... ironic, because that's the most linear game on the site. At the end, there were a few curses in images, and some of the death links. I found like 3 on the Tourettes Guy page (so linear I don't even know what i clicked. it's after a car race.)

5 point reward(s)!

13 years ago

chihuahua also found that my maturity level was low. I think it should be a four at the least instead of a 3 (this is what chihuahua thought) because of the stripper place.

5 point reward(s)!

13 years ago
Fixed the maturity on PROM and gave 5 points to Chihuahua.

5 point reward(s)!

13 years ago
yay! i helped someone!

5 point reward(s)!

13 years ago

the length rating for Mommy is way to long. its a seven. ide put it as a six at most.

5 point reward(s)!

13 years ago
Nah. The length rating is calculated by a formula.

5 point reward(s)!

13 years ago
Like I said: Tags, maturity or difficulty!

5 point reward(s)!

13 years ago
It's actually an 8 length though. It's got over 300 pages! You should explore other paths.

5 point reward(s)!

13 years ago

I got the "Best ending" but ok, i think its the vast complexity and different pages you can get to that make the formula say its that long, i finished it in like 30minutes. I didnt know that though. thats pretty cool.

5 point reward(s)!

13 years ago
Yeah, you finished one ending in thirty minutes, it doesn't matter which ending that is. But you didn't explore the whole game in 30 minutes.

5 point reward(s)!

13 years ago
Length doesn't refer to the time it takes to reach an ending, it refers to the total length of the story.

5 point reward(s)!

13 years ago

the difficulty for prom should be put at a 4. to get the best ending for all of them and to understand everything isn't exactly super hard, but it is a bit more difficult than a 3.

5 point reward(s)!

13 years ago
okay

5 point reward(s)!

13 years ago

Blunder Brain Bob Baldwin of Baltimore In: No Escape

It's in the Fantasy adventure section. I believe it's rated 3, yet it contains alcoholic references.

5 point reward(s)!

13 years ago
Thank you!

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

on the new story midnight monster, the tags are all messed up. :(

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Which tags SHOULD apply?

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

he has all the tags on there, all of them. like humor... thats it.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Just humor? Kay.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

I'd say Tales From the Basement ( http://www.myadventuregame.com/Story/Tales_From_The_Basement.aspx ) is overrated on the maturity level. I've played all the characters, all the options, and it feels like it should be a 5 or so. 

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
It less extreme than most of endmaster's stories but I think it still warrants a 7. There's a sex scene and it talks about S&M and has excessive swearing.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

The Labyrinth of Monyx is a very difficult story to finish due to random deaths and unescapable loops. its difficulty is listed as a four when in fact it should be at least a 7

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

I'd say six, but it's still pretty fair.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Five points to each of you!

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Tales from the basement warrants an 8 in my opinion. It has everything your mom never wanted you to see or hear.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
I thought JJJ put a "Geared for extremists" tag on it? Sort of needs one for the Anime Addict story alone.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Or the girl, can't remember her profile

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
The Good Girl "Suzy"

Hers definitely gets in the 7 range in places, but some of her paths are tamer.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Definately, that's why she takes second as far as how graphic they are goes. I still think the Ebay Escapist is the funniest, but I like random and stupid comedy.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

they go*

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Lol at "Geared for extremists".

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Added Geared for Extremists, the highest maturity level is 7, DS66.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
I think that Wild Cats should have a lower maturity rating. It only has brief descriptions of violence and a tiny bit of gore. I think 2 would do it. If it were a movie I'd rate it PG.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Done

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
I'm on gameplaying killing spree, and with that a game killing spree. Haha. My next suggestion is to unpublish Crash Landing. The author hasn't been around since January, and the story's average rating is a 2. You end up in the same paths, with slightly different deaths, and I think there's one success story, but it was obvious that you should have taken that path.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Play OMS.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
The average rating is 3. This one, I think is definitely a little above the cut off line.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Being a bad story isn't grounds for punishment, you repeatedly unplublish people whoa re less talented than others.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

you can't repeatedly*

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Being a bad enough story is grounds for unpublishing, this one just isn't THAT bad.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

I understand. I'm not out for blood or anything, I just want to make sure games that are REALLY bad are unpublished, because they don't do much for the community. Crash Landing is on the borderline, I guess. I'll be playing more games today after people stop posting in the Assassin thread, so I'll be on the lookout for maturity ratings, tags, and (hopefully not) games that need unpublishing.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
I want you to read OMS!

Also, don't worry, I'm happy to have you doing this, even if you're not always right, it's totally good for the site.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Lol! I was trying to get the nonfeatured ones out of the way, but I guess I'll go read OMS. I hope I don't miss important events in Assassin, I want to find that fucker!

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Oh you will, just wait untill you hit the labrynth

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Haha, someone's comment literally is this: "Nice." I hope you learned a lot from that 3J, I mean I wish I was so good at criticizing.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Legit man, between the spoilers and the one-worders, I've gotten enough great comments hahaha

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Dirty Laundry by Jimson is my next candidate. The story has nothing to it. Yes, it utilizes the AE features, but it's absolutely terrible as a story. Comments?

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Length of Forgotten Rose changed to 1, maybe 2. It has less than ten pages!

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Length is calculated by a program. I'll take a look at Jimson's game.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Got it.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Chuck Norris Chasedown, in the modern adventure section, needs the quiz tag i do beleive.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Done

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

I think Where is Carmen Sandiego needs one too. I thought it was more of a quiz than a puzzle.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Thanks

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Dangit, i accidentaly unsuscribed so I can't comment on the main post anymore.

Anyway, would drowning face-down in a toilet after getting drunk and passing out at a party constitute a maturity level higher than three? If so, that's one of College Romance's endings.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Lol i saw someone ask that in one of the comments, it warrented a laugh.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Really, I just read it, played three of the endings, and left. I didn't leave a comment but I didn't read any either. I can see how it would come up though lol.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
You can't reply to the first post because it's been longer than x days since it was posted, actually.

I'll fix that maturity fix, good find!

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Congrats bo, maybe its time a new thread with the same perpouse of this thread to be started.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Such as? Would be exactly the same or maturity flaws or what?

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
He means, another thread for this exact discussion, so that you can reply to the OP. I think this one is fine.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

oooooooooooh, my bad

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Ok, im going to go ahead and set it as far left as possible then.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

All right, the Sonic Skim game (or whatever its called) that just got published in the fanfic section has been made without an ending. He says so in the description. Should this be allowed? I mean, Nevermind's story was deleted for being blatantly bad even though she meant it to be bad because thats no excuse, so should this game be unpublished for not being finished, even though he said that it wasn't supposed to be?

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Nah, it's got the demo tag so that's okay.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Thanks, just making sure.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Well, why not add an intentionally bad tag?

12 years ago

why would you do that?

12 years ago
For my story.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
joke is done.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

this should actually go in the Wishing Well, but the reason they wouldn't make an intentionally bad story is because no one would want to read it. You shouldn't write a bad story for the sake of writing a bad story, its disgracing to yourself, as well as cementing your reputation as a troll, seeing as making intentionally bad stories could be seen as even worse than making intentionally bad posts.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Found something. Probably doesn't warrant points, but:

The Gauntlet doesn't have a "Part of a Series" tag, but needs one, as there is the story The Gauntlet II: Returning Home which is the sequel to it, which does have the "Part of a Series" tag already.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Good find. Definitely warrants points.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

I don't know if its anything, but I don't think that the "Cave of Doom" game should be in Fantasy adventure. Seems more like a modern game, or maybe just a "everything else" game. Like I said, don't know if it warrents attention, it just caught my eye.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
I've always kind of thought that too. Just because its set in a cave, doesn't make it fantasy. Especially when it features homeless men with bottles of water and wallets, and.... no magic.

O.o

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Yeah I know.  Its not like I am bothered by it being in the fantasy section, I just don't really think its fantasy. No big deal.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Thanks Tara. 5 Points for you!

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Johnny Castaway in the fanfiction section (even though its supposed to be castaway) really isn't that fan fiction-y.  Just a thought.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Hey I realy think this story should be put in the Modern adventure section.
http://www.myadventuregame.com/story/The_Robot.aspx
It might also need a humor tag.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Thanks

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
http://www.myadventuregame.com/story/The_Labyrinth_of_Monyx.aspx

sorry to put up another one so soon, but This definitly needs a puzzle tag. If points are given give them to cool. He beat me to it in the comments, but he didnt post it here.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Tastes Like Chicken, in the fantasy adventure section, has no tags, but definitly deserves a Humor tag.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Done & Done

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
Ok, this is the last bunch for a while.

Fantasy Adventure > Saving Daniel Ch.1 (This story needs the tags, War, and Part of a series, assuming that one day a sequal will be made)
Fantasy Adventure > Roman (this story needs a War tag)
Fantasy Adventure > robot fight (this story needs to be moved to Sci-Fi)
Fantasy Adventure > Conquest: Chapter I (it has the part of a series tag, but no sequel exist, nor ever will there be.)

Just take this as one entry.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Just a quick question here, are you searching for random tags or just reading a LOT of stories?

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
I'm going through ALL of the fantasy adventure stories. Naturally I'm finding errors as I go.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
That's 4 entries, but remember that part of series only goes on ONCE there's a sequel so saving daniel shouldn't have one.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

Sunny's Amazing Adventure should have a humor tag attatched to it. That and it would probably do better under Everything Else or Modern Adventure than Sci-Fi.

Any chance you'll count that as two 5-point suggestions? :)

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
No, otherwise I have to start counting each different tag that's added as a 5 point reward haha.

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago

so are any of them being implimented?

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
yes

5 point reward(s)!

12 years ago
I found a few while reading some stories and looking up tags and things:

Attack of the Grue has a serious tag, and should have a humour one, for sure.

Celestial Lies: Chapter One has the Part of a Series tag, and does not yet have a sequel.

Pushing A Desert Army: The Castle doesn't have the Part of a Series tag, but it should.