Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Ender's Game

13 years ago

Who else has read it?

For those of you who havn't, it's a superd sci-fi noval and a winner of both Hugo and Nebula awards. It was written in 1985 by Orson Scott Card, a New York Times best selling author. in its time it had many new ideas that were works of genius. should you read it you will probably notice things that have now been used by other authors. When Card wrote many of these things, it was, in fact, a genesis. If you havn't read it, and like science fiction, you should look this book up.

Ender's Game

13 years ago
I heard it's awesome. A bunch of my arts-one friends had to read it this term.

Ender's Game

13 years ago

i loaned my perfect condition copy out to a bunch of freinds, when i got it back it was pretty rough. not a single one of them didnt like it.

Ender's Game

13 years ago

I'll have to read and tell you what I think of it then. First I need to finish The Lost Hero. And I need to read From the Earth to the Moon. And The Demon King. And finish writing this assignment. And find vocab words... But after all that, sure! I'll read it!

Ender's Game

13 years ago

I haven't read it in a long time, but I remember thoroughly enjoying it. It's a terrific book, it balances the psychological stuff with the sci-fi setting/plot really well.

Ender's Game

13 years ago

yes, its a very psychological book.

Ender's Game

13 years ago

psychology. even better.

Ender's Game

13 years ago

if this was facebook, i would have liked that comment.

Ender's Game

13 years ago

do this:

Ender's Game

13 years ago

1 person dislikes this

Ender's Game

13 years ago

that person = erudite

if there was a symbol for unsure, i'd be that symbol.

Ender's Game

13 years ago

lol, be nice

Ender's Game

13 years ago

I've read it. It's somewhere on my bookshelf. Thanks to my lack of memory, I can read it again and it will be like new!

Ender's Game

13 years ago

poor memory can be an exciting new memories bliss.

Ender's Game

12 years ago

You really need to let me borrow that book man, I love all of Orson Scott Card's books I've read, although thats only like... two

Ender's Game

12 years ago

i'll bring it to tommarrow.

Ender's Game

12 years ago

Yes! you know i keep my things in great condition ;)

Ender's Game

12 years ago

and you spelt tomorrow wrong

Ender's Game

12 years ago

was that a joke? you loaned  me half a book because you were reading the later half when it fell into two parts. :l

Ender's Game

12 years ago

which you then had destroyed in a car wreck

Ender's Game

12 years ago

thats not funny...

Ender's Game

12 years ago

Didn't really mean it to be. You should look at my current book lol, granted it wasn't in the best condition when i got it...

Ender's Game

12 years ago

Yes! Anybody who asks me my favorite sci-fi novel, I answer with 'Enders game'. It's a tough contender for overall 'favorite book', too.

Orson Scott Card is a genius, plain and simple.

Ender's Game

12 years ago

i agree.

Ender's Game

12 years ago

There's something funny about how I read this series.

I started the series by reading Speaker for the dead, then Xenocide, then Children of the Mind. I have yet to read Ender's game.

You can see why, The first three are all related, but Ender's Game is sort of set apart from the actions of the other three.

Ender's Game

12 years ago

enders game happend before those.

Ender's Game

12 years ago

has anyone read Empire yet? It's my favorite of his (probly cuz I havn't read Ender's game yet.). It's more political than sci-fi, but of course there is a lot of futuristic stuff in there.

Ender's Game

12 years ago

I read most of these books. One of the biggest mindfucks of my life. I like Ender's Shadow the best. :)

Ender's Game

12 years ago

I think I'll pick that one up next.

Ender's Game

12 years ago

I am aware of that. Hence why its amusing I read the last 3 books before the first one, besides, by reading those 3, I spoiled myself the plot of Ender's Game.

Ender's Game

12 years ago

ya dracortez thats unfortunate its a very nice surprising plot. you will still get to see ender develop.

Ender's Game

12 years ago
Enders Game rocks. One of the best sci-fi books ever.

For me though, 'Tiger Tiger!' is the best sci-fi novel ever (also goes by the name 'The Stars My Destination'). If you haven't read that one, seek it out.

Ender's Game

12 years ago

Ender's Game is actually the book that really got me into sci-fi back when I was in highschool, it was also the first book that got me interested in really following the work of a specific author. To this date I can't think of a single Orson Scott Card story I regret reading (except maybe that weird-ass super depressing Hart's Hope...) Even the biblical stuff is good.

Ender's Game

11 years ago

Loved Enders Game and the entire series really.

Ender's Game

11 years ago

I read Ender's game and Ender's War. They were both pretty good.

Ender's Game

11 years ago

My writing has notably improved. Posts I made a year ago now make me cringe.

Ender's Game

11 years ago

Besides talking slang or other things to make my speech sound more natural, I think I really only have a problem with commas.

Ender's Game

11 years ago

:l 

We shall see how you feel in a year.

Ender's Game

11 years ago

I think the funniest change is looking at early JJJ posts.

Ender's Game

11 years ago

I'll agree with that.

Ender's Game

11 years ago

Easily one of the best sci-fi books ever written. The twist at the end completely surprises you and depresses you at the same time.  In fact that book is what made me read his other works and I think another of my Favorite Books is "Empire" which I am also using as my quote this year.