Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Choose Your Own Adventure: My Edition

18 years ago
Please post me ideas for a page on a C Your Own Adventure Game and I'll put them on my story and update nearly every day! View the first page on the 3/6/05.

re:Choose Your Own Adventure: My Edition

18 years ago
Umm... no offense (I'm a grammar critic, ask anyone), but what the heck did you say? I'm sorry, I don't mean it meanly but, I'm confused.

18 years ago
pardon me for being out of line here guys but the site is called "MY" adventure game.com. not hey lets all get together and you give me ideas, and you give me ideas, and you give me ideas, and then ill have everyone write the story for me then put my name on it.

the idea here people is to create your own original story by yourself or in very rare occasions with a friend as a collaboration. but the point is, you are to write your original ideas, not have another person come up with the ideas and then you take credit... anyway, hope that clearly defines my ideas on this topic.

nate

18 years ago
Actually .. I think there is potential for you to replace the Marchbot :-)

I agree, though, I don't like open-ended stories; I don't think anyone likes reading them either.

However, one feature that I'd like here is the ability to add "contributors" to your games. You could add a *small* number of members who could then edit that game (no need to share passwords then).

18 years ago
no one can replace me. I'm like Hal from space odessey, and if i'm going down you're all coming with me.
i'm going to need everyone to start being less cynical... that's my job.
march

18 years ago
Oh great. The robot needs adjusting again.

18 years ago
well that definately has possibilities. although im not sure i can fully endorse that. my point however, for clarification, is simply this. dont have people give you the whole story then write it up as if it was your own. i use "you" to imply everyone of course lol. as for marchbot... those are some big shoes to fill and i wouldnt be able to handle it. im past my prime. i take prilosec for goodness sakes lol. by the time march retires ill be watching old episodes of family guy in a nursing home somewhere saying things like..."It must be my birthday." im sure someone gets that somewhere lol.

nate

18 years ago
How about we make one big account, for everyone to use, and add on to games, and screw around with. That would mean a bunch of anonymous contributors all making one giant game. Is that what you want. (Also, Nate is haveing a great impact on the website with all of the Ideas of training the marchbot.)

18 years ago
Sorry, my older brother, badger, forgot to log off.

18 years ago
Okay, I've stopped it. Thanks for the hint.

18 years ago
Well, I haven't had any help on any of my games, and it will stay that way. I like to make them, not have someone else make them and then be like, "Hey I made this game." and then my friends will be coughing, "coughnotcough!" lol.