Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

The Red Painting By: My Daddy

12 years ago
My daddy told me this story...

Once there lived a little boy. He took a piece of paper, and painted the whole paper red.

The boy`s painting weant in a meuseum.

Many scientists came to the meuseum to look at the painting.

All had the same question...

Why did the boy paint the whole paper red?

One scientist claimed that the boy was beaten, and hurt a lot. So he painted the painting red, as in pain.

Another scientist said that the boy had seen someone die, so he painted the paper red, as in blood.

Yet another scientist claimed that his life was full of conflict. His parents faught, he faught. So his painting was red, as in anger.

There were many more exclamations, but the scientists decided to just go and ask the boy...

Why did you paint the whole paper red?

The boy quickly answered, "Oh, sorry sir, I ran out of my other paints, so I could only use red."

Isn`t this story funny?!

Thanks daddy!

^_^

12 years ago
I like it. Very Zen.

12 years ago
Uh....

Offense (other than "no offense"), but, what the heck do you mean?

12 years ago

Wow, she says she likes your little short story, and so you mean to cause offense to her? Well, I'd say that you're certainly a troll, but I think that Nevermind definately outtrolls you in most accounts, and always will untill you work out a better strategy.

Anyway, Zen is basically the belief that wisdom comes through self-enlightenment, rather than theoretical knowledge. This self-enlightenment is normally achieved through meditation on a subject. Although there is a lot more to it than that, when most people say that something is "Zen", they basically mean that it is very well thought out and philosophical.

So yeah, it's not an insult, and treating something like it is an insult is never a good idea if you don't know what it actually is. Trust me, you'll have a much easier time on here if you simply go with the flow. Try asking a few more questions rather than snap in the meantime.

12 years ago

I also think that Zen is a form of Buddhism, but I can't confirm that.

12 years ago

it's sorta like a religion like buddhasim but not neccasarily

12 years ago
Zen is a school of Buddhism. Don't mess with Bo over historical events, He's a history buff <-<

12 years ago

I think the scientists are focusing on the wrong series of questions entirely. They should be asking "Why is there a red piece of paper in a museum?"

12 years ago

Also don't scientists have better things to do than talk about a painting :P

Not saying it's a bad story, but if you ironed out the edges a little it would be much more awesome.

12 years ago

That's what I thought too.

Also, your dad left out that he could've painted it red to show romance and a love intrest as in hearts and cupid and mushy gushy stuff I hate. (it's ironic that I hate romance, but I mostly write romance stories . . .)

12 years ago
Philosophers, not scientist. Thats the solution. Replace scietist with philosphers, especially pot smoking philosophers.

12 years ago

"Where's my pointy stick" "Wha.... oh yeah. I was just staring at this red piece of paper dude."

12 years ago

lol at bo's comment

12 years ago
If it was in a museum it would be curators and haughty people. Philosophers have better things too.

12 years ago

Haha, he's making fun of the Continent game and how philosophers spend their time thinking of pointy sticks.

But yeah, I would just say art critics.