Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Inheritance

12 years ago

The final book of the inheritance cycle came out today. Any comments on how the story will play out?

Inheritance

12 years ago

I've been waiting for Inheritance to come out forever. And there are going to have to be major plot twists to keep it from being pedictable.

Inheritance

12 years ago
It came out!?Oh my god I have been waiting since the day after Brisingr came out!I'm excited, but I'll have to reread them all.

Inheritance

12 years ago
I am trying to keep this post as spoiler free and vague as possible. I apologize if I ruined anything for anyone.

The book was amazingly well done throughout the story. It felt real and I have always been impressed with his ability to make his characters feel real. I loved how each of the characters developed and how he thought through extensively on all the plot twists.

There are some faults that stem from that. Like what would be the last few chapters or epilogue of his books. Which quite frankly disappointed me in the extreme. After reading the last few chapters. I felt he effectively destroyed the world he had created along with most of the hopes of his readers. He does do it elegantly and again realistically but many people I have talked to say it is easily the worse part of the entire cycle.

It gives you no closer on anything. It almost feels like the first book in a new cycle. To many things are left open ended, and undetermined. Especially, with the fate of the new kingdoms, the riders, and most importantly the main characters relationships.

While most of the book hovers about 9/10 the finial chapters in my opinion bring it down to a 7 or 8.

I still suggest avid fans read it. Just expect to be disappointed at the end.

Inheritance

12 years ago

I most humbly disagree. I feel that the last chapters are among the best in the book, and I actually prefer that things are left open. I think that not having everything end up perfectly for everyone makes it more realistic, and a better story. And furthermore, I really would rather have the ending be sad-and-maybe-almost-beautiful than happier.

I think it's a wonderful book.

Inheritance

12 years ago
I see sarcasm in this statement. I also see the troll to.

Inheritance

12 years ago

Congratulations! You have won the Batman/Joker Vomit Withdrawal Fortitude Award!

And one for being an idiot!

Inheritance

12 years ago
Maybe the post was trolling, Cool, but what she's saying actually makes a lot of sense. I haven't read the book, but I don't always want to see every loose end tied up, sometimes leaving things out to interpretation adds a lot to a story.

Inheritance

12 years ago
I actually feel the same way. The book just had too many loose ends.

Inheritance

12 years ago

Also, Cracked has a thing with Batman/Joker! The people who have Internet fast enough to watch the videos say there's sexual tension, and "Batman teaches the Joker about herpes" is one of the titles! The world is coming to an end!

Inheritance

12 years ago
I got it last weekend, but I'm only on page 442 right now, things keep getting in the way :(

Inheritance

12 years ago

I haven't read it, but had some friends tell me a little. Besides, I highly doubt there's loose ends. Still, I wornder who the last dragon rider is...

Inheritance

12 years ago
You'll find out. You haven't read the book he leaves a lot in the open air.

Inheritance

12 years ago
I'ts OK. I will most likely enjoy it if the dragon(Saraya?)lives.

Inheritance

12 years ago

Saphira.

Inheritance

12 years ago
That's it.

Inheritance

12 years ago

Just finished the novel, although it's true he leaves a lot of open ends I really like it. He solves enough  of the questions the reader has to make them feel okay with the ending, while still leaving enough room for speculation on the part of the reader as to what happens next. Still, I think his selection of the new rider was a little cheesy

Inheritance

12 years ago

Whoever the dragon rider is I don't think is cheesy. There is most likely a reason for it.

Inheritance

12 years ago
I agree that was cheesy. I understand why he left things open ended but I really wanted the new dragon rider and you know who to get together. I think thats why people disliked the ending so much.

Inheritance

12 years ago

I was expecting them too after you-know-what was finally over and they woudn't be distracted, but then again it made sense that they didn't seeing as he has to go you-know-where and can't you-know-what forever.

Inheritance

12 years ago
I guess but, it was still the thing everyone was looking forward to. (Love how we havent spoiled anything)

Inheritance

12 years ago

I know now whom your talking about. (Or at least an idea) Could it be...

Inheritance

12 years ago
It was cheesy... Brom was awesome before he died, wasn't he?

Inheritance

12 years ago

Well, he killed Morzan (I think without a dragon) who was likely using Eldunari and was already stronger than Eragon and Murtagh combined, he founded the Varden, and he infiltrated Morzan's compound and screwed his wife in the process... so yeah.

Inheritance

12 years ago
The dragon rider in the end is extremely cheesy. It doesn't ruin it, but it is a very un-imaginitive(however you spell that) choice.

Inheritance

12 years ago
Out of that list the only awesome thing he did was screw Morzan's wife :)

Inheritance

12 years ago

Funny he didn't know.

Inheritance

12 years ago

Funny he's so juvenile that's the only "awesome" thing he can find in my statement :P

Inheritance

12 years ago
It was intended as a joke.

Inheritance

12 years ago
Ignore above statement.