Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago
As the sorting began, the muggle borns such as John Vincent, and Jack Fisher sat amazed at the walls and the ceiling of the Great Hall. As Professor Boham grabbed the hat, he first yelled out "Graves Xerath!"

The hat was placed on Graves head, the young eleven year old sat back nervous and shy, as his views as a full blood slytherin werent totally what a Slytherin normally feels.

"Um...." The hat began to say. "right then, hm..." The hat muttered a couple things about Graves intelligence and his differences from his family...

"You have traits like your slytherin family," The hat spoke. "Cunning, you definatly want strength"

"You fit well as a Ravenclaw as well," The hat continued on. "You show many traits of both Slytherin and Ravenclaw, maybe a bit of Gryffindor......" The hat paused for a few more seconds, as the rest of the Great Hall awaited the young first year of a full blood Slytherin family to hear his results....

"I have decided," The hat laughed out loud... "Better be......"

"RAVENCLAW!"

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago
Next character will be updated in one hour, I find it best to take little breaks to prolong the fun of the characters. Don't worry, you will shortly find out your locations soon...

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago
The Ravenclaw table was ecstatic and nervous at the fact that Graves Xerath was now a Ravenclaw. The whole Great Hall was silent, was Graves one to be trusted.

Following Graves came the words "Alisa Licilo!" Another full blood Slytherin went up to the hat, the hat wasted no time in speaking its mind....

"Oh, another Slytherin family member, we have had many of these over time, but i sense strength in you, much strength."

Alisa sat back, calm and understanding, her views, much like Graves were different from her family, but unlike Graves, Alisa didn't hold fear in possibly going in any direction in her life. The hat took all of this under consideration.

"You are very hard to place, no preferred houses, no loyalties, you can possibly go in any way!" Alisa stayed true to the hat, as it continued speaking of what Alisa was most like.

"Gryffindor..... The house mumbled, not much at all......" Alisa waited. "Slytherin, very much, or maybe even Ravenclaw...." Alisa continued waited as suddenly the hat yelped.

"I know....... SLYTHERIN!" The hat stayed true to Alisas family, as next to go up to the hat were the Zareth brothers, following Alisa, Ben Zareth was headed up to the hat, Alisa didn't know ho to feel, as her loyalties were to be decided

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago
Crap. I owe her tutoring lessons now.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago
When Alisa was chosen as Slytherin, Graves smiled just a bit. He was sitting next to his new house mates. All of which were extremely nervous at his presence he was use to it though and proceed to wait to see where the others were going.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago
Jack sat, waiting nervously to discover what house he would be in. He preferred Ravenclaw, and hoped that was where he would be placed. he would be absolutely repulsed to be in Slytherin. He sighs, and waits longer.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago

John sat and stared at Alisa. He couldn't help but feel sorry for her. He knew she wasn't really the Slytherin type, but was confident that could cope. John tapped his foot nervously, trying to take the whole situation in. It wasn't easy for him to do, but he was so over taken with a pleasant yet nervewracking anxiety that he barely noticed anything else. He just couldn't wait to see how his situation would pan out.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago

JT (My character's name for all of you who didn't know) sees John's nervousness and attempts to calm him, telling him that he will get into whichever house he is destined to be in and has nothing to worry.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago
Kurt stood calm and serene. He knew what he was destined to be sorted into and felt no worry at all.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago

John thanked JT for his consideration and felt a little better. His foot ceased to tap but his mind still raced a bit. Slower than before, but he couldn't help his natural neurotic nature's tendency to nervously anticipate such a thing. He sat, quiet but plagued.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago

Alisa's eyes widened and glanced up at the hat, unsure if it had made a mistake. But the Slytherin table cheered and hollered so she nodded and slowly made her way over to their welcome. She glanced at John and gave him a slight smile. She turned to Graves and gave him a nod, he returned hers as well. Next she gazed over to Kurt and winked. Come by tomorrow, her look said to him. She then sat down at the edge of the Slytherin table. Finally, when everyone looked away she sighed and set her chin on the table.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago
The Sorting continued, as the Zaret brothers wound up getting sorted into Slytherin and began to talk to Alisa, the two brothers were slightly over rated as wizard potential, and Alisa really didn't like knowing that the two people she knew best may be only with her. The sorting continued, as Professor Boham called up "Kurt Sagax!"

The boy who was a child of two strong magical parents walked up to the hat, the whole school listened on... The hat began its talking.

"Ah, yes..." The hat started to say. "You are easier to place, your loylaty is there, just like a Hufflepuff," The hat said.... "Your intelligence and trust is even stronger," The hat kept going on and mentioned about his Ravenclaw mother. Kurt heard people mutter how Kurt would be placed in Gryffindor, but there answer would have to wait...

"I got it!" The hat yelled. "Your best fit for......."

"RAVENCLAW!"

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago
Make Ravenclaw mother, Ravenclaw father

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago

JT sat comfortably awaiting his turn. His mother had been in Ravenclaw and he had nearly no knowledge of the houses whatsoever. His mind raced as all of this new information rushed through his head. Something about Kenelm struck him as... odd, but not in a bad way. He seemed like a man who could be trusted and would make a good ally.

There was something about Graves and Alisa though. Coming from the childhood JT had though, he realized it was probably nothing more than his prejudice against rich people. Something still seemed off however...

After gaining his composure, he made idle chat with those around him and sensed that the school would be a generally good experience for him.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago

After a while, John completely accepted the waiting. He began dreaming of the events to come and that the sorting was only the start of it all. The anticipation of the friends he was soon to make, the teachers he would grow to both admire and despise and the Hogwarts experience as whole completely enamored him.

He sat and chatted quietly with the others who were willing to do so, a smile now on his face.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago
As soon as Kurt was sorted, the Headmaster Boham grabbed the hat and said "John Vincent!" The muggle born student, who showed a knack for obsessions and loyalties walked up to the hat. The hat chuckled a little bit and managed to speak shortly after....

"You are a very smart student..." The hat laughed. "Not to mention quite obsessive." john sighed at the hat knowing about his love for certain books. "Everyone seemed to somehow get along well with you." "A good friendship and a good realtionship is important to you...." The hat stopped for a second.

"That can only mean one thing!" The hat laughed out loud....

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago
The Headmaster Boham just looked at his hat, with a few more characters down, including Gregory Wishknot going to Hufflepuff, Gregory had become friends with John Vincent that same night, giving john the respect he wanted as a Hufflepuff.

Next up on Bohams list, as the headmaster announced was "Henry Beaumont!" The boy who was very shy about his life went up and put the hat on his head... The hat for once mentioned Henry's past, as Henry was afraid to speak about his past....

"Right then, hmm...." The hat began to speak. "You show signs of loyalty, due to your parents deaths." The whole great hall erupted in signs of pity and disgrace for Henry. "You seem like a brave student, often ingoring your pasts and fighting on..." The hat smiled..

"To reward yourself of what I just spoke of..." The hat laughed. "Better be......"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago
The one boy who stood strong and tall above the others was JT. He wasn't afraid to do what he wanted or act on anyone's point of view. He had a troubled life as a young boy, he was a half blood, but his mother was the magical parent, finally telling JT's father about the fact she was a witch, and from there on JT soon got his letter to Hogwarts.

JT wasn't afriad of anyone, or afraid of anything. His life has proven to himself, that one person couldnt make a difference on a group of people, or so JT felt.

His name was called, and he got up to the hat, the hat snarled at JT, just JT's general actions gave the hat a bad feeling.

"This is an easy one," The hat said loudly. "No question loyalty isn't there..." The hat continued. "Not strong willed at all..." "There is strength, oh yes plenty of it!" The hat stopped talking for 3 seconds at most and then spat out the house....

"SLYTHERIN!"

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago

JT stood with confidence and walked over to the Slytherin table, and quietly sat down next to Alisa Licilo.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago

Alisa smiles broadly and gives JT a light hug and laughs, a little flustered at the close contact so suddenly. "I guess I'm just really glad to have a friend here," she whispers, still laughing slightly.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago

John humbly made his way over to his new family of Hufflepuffs. He felt like he fit in, though he couldn't help but wonder.. what if...? But then he thought of his love for Quidditch. And his admiration of Cedric Diggory, the Hufflepuff seeker who died so many years earlier. John wanted to be a seeker too, and was already dreaming of the day he would bring the Quidditch Cup to Hufflepuff for good...

The thought quickly fluttered from his brain as JT walked over to the Slytherin table. It seemed like he had made a few friends in that house already. The mystery surrounding that house had it's veil half lifted at that moment. Maybe all Slytherins weren't that bad after all.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago
The rest of the information will be posted tomorrow people. I won't be around for most of the day, but I will post the remainder of the people up in the morning. Get ready, as the classes are coming soon! For now, you guys can story tell, as I still have like 2 or 3 more characters to do

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago

Kenelm till in his chair with his hand on his cheek sighs out of boredom waiting for the time when his name is called. He listen as the Sorting hat choses what house the other student s are going to be in. "Wow their sure are alot of people being pick as either Ravenclaw or Slytherin" he said in his mind.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago
Ugh, Jack thought. So many Slytherins. He didn't know much of the houses, but his father had told him of Slytherin. Sneaky bastards, he had said. He had told him how great Ravenclaw was, and Jack agreed. He hoped he could be put into Ravenclaw, or at least Gryffindor. Just not Slytherin. That wouldn;t honor his father's memory, not at all.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago
Professor Boham scanned the crowd, as Professor Boham quickly yelled "Jack Fisher!" The muggle born student, who had interests in certain houses walked up to the hat, Jack had the hat placed on his head, and the hat began to talk...

"Hm.... Gryffindor I see much of!" The hat began to say. "But there is talent, oh yes!" The great hall seemed shocked that a muggle born had talent, but then again, many muggle borns were smarter then most blood related students..

Jack had thought in his head not to be in Slytherin, but the hat chuckled. "You surely believe Slytherin is a location for you..." The hat kept going on about Jacks love for Ravenclaw, but the hat sensed much bravery in Jack, his poise, his determination....

"Well then!" The hat yelled. "Better be......"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago
Shortly after, Jack joined his classmates at the Gryffindor table, they were proud to have him there. Henry Beaumont, the student recently placed in Gryffindor. Henry began talking to Jack almost immedaitly, and both kept going about the suspicious Slytherin table, and how Alisia was placed in Slytherin, despite what they heard about her beliefs, but nonetheless the sorting continued....

"Kenelm Fletcher!" Professor Boham yelled out. The boy who was once very poor came up to the hat. The hat let Kenelm's mind sink in, before the hat spoke.

"You aren't a strong willed person," The hat said. "Thats for sure...." The hat stopped, and then mentioned Gryffindor....

"Your fear over matches your bravery..." The hat had crossed two houses of Kenelm's lise...

"I see much loyalty in you, regardless of your mood changes!" The hat paused for one more second...

"I know....." The hat yelled out loud.

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago
The Hufflepuff table, including John Vincent was extremely happy to have another Hufflepuff with him at the Hufflepuff table. Shortly After Professor Boham looked at the hat, the sorting was near completion, another student, Michael Dudson was sorted into Ravenclaw and began talking with Graves and Kurt. Michael was very similar to Graves, in that he was a full blood, but didn't want to be in Slytherin, Graves thought it was odd that there was another student like him, but Graves though it was better, as there was someone Graves could relate to.

"Robert Merchand!" Professor Boham had said, so very quickly Robert walked up, he had a fair understanding of where he wanted to go, and Robert had wanted to prove to people that he was meant for that house.

"Ah," The hat began. "You are very easy to place, letting me know already!" The hat had sensed Robert's choice of house. It was almost obvious to both Robert and the hat.

"Very well then....." The hat went on. "Better be......."

"Ravenclaw!"

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago
With a few more choices, the hat was at its end, Professor Boham announced that the sorting was coming down to the end, and the last student was about to be called up. Very quickly, the Professor called "Joan Digg"

The girl, who was a half blood walked up to the hat, She had interests in already learning spells early, made her seem like a Ravenclaw, though her interests were related to Hufflepuff.

"Yes, this is easy!" The hat began to laugh. "This won't take long!" The hat continued to laugh.

After a few seconds of silence, the hat had spoken again and this time spoke the results.

"You are destined for....."

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago

"What?!" Joan said loudly, forgetting for a moment that the whole school was watching, "Hufflepuff?" for a second she thought someone would tell her it was a joke. She had always assumed she'd be in Ravenclaw, having spent most of her life reading, or perhaps Slytherin for her ambitions, but never Hufflepuff. In her paniced state it took her a few moments to register, that most of the school was laughing after hearing her outburst. "That's what I would've said too!" One of the older slytherins said, making the rest of his table laugh even harder. Joan looked over at the Hufflepuff table, the only one not laughing. None of them looked remotely amused, so Joan, her face by now matching the scarlet Gryffindor banners, hurried down to ake a seat across from John and Kenelm. "I didn't mean it like that" she said in an attempt to improve the terrible first impression she'd made on her housemates "I just never expected to be a Hufflepuff, I mean I'm not that nice."

"Clearly." A girl sitting nearby said, making the rest of the table snigger. Joan buried her face in her hands, swearing tonever ever open her mouth without thinking again.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago
Then only feeling Graves felt for Joan was pity. As everyone at his table laughed he did not join in. Seeing her burying her head at her table as the rest of the room laughed at her. He got up from his table and walked over to her and said, "It's all going to be OK. Not all of us got where we expected to be." He then left her and started walking back to his table.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago

Alisa catches Joans eye and shrugs. Same here, her look said. You'll do fine, though. Joan gives her a slight smile and turns back to some of the Hufflepuffs. Alisa gazes at some of the Slytherins. She half expects one of the Malfoy family to walk up to her, but that won't happen. They aren't here anymore. But something bothers her. She shrugs and continues to talk to JT.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago

JT joined in the laughing but afterwards walked over to tell Joan, "It's okay, you'll get over it. Everyone's just nervous is all." He then quietly made his way back over to his table.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago

Though still embarrased Joan was grateful for her classmates encouragements. She understood the Hufflepuffs' reactions, after all they were used to being referred to as the house of the losers and whimps by the slytherins in particular.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago

(Sorry I am late)

As the hat yelled griffindor Henry was astonded because he was certain that he would end up a hufflepuff. He was more than a little shock at the coice but as the griffindor table burts into cheers Henry smiled and felt more at home than he had ever before. Henry thanked the hat silently as he placed it gently back onto the stool then walked towards the his new table. sitting next to the person who cheered loudest he introduced himself.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago

Alisa grins. She's happy for Henry. He always struck her as the brave and honorable type, and she's happy to see him so at home with his new family.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago
At some point tomorrow, I will begin the weekly updates, but for now.. Just chat a bit, and get everything out of your systems lol. Then tonight, I'll post about the professors and such. Some take favoritism into account, just letting you know

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago

John's anxiety completely subsided once everyone was sorted and seated. "So this is how it's going to be..." he thought to himself. He looked around, a grin from ear to ear on his face. Everything was going just fine.

The Sorting Hat

12 years ago

Alisa bites her lip out of boredom. She can't wait to start classes, but it takes a while for all of the young wizards to file out of the room...