Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Favorite TV Shows

11 years ago

What are some of your favorite TV shows and why? My absolute favorite would probably be Breaking Bad. I love the way the story seems to be driven more by the characters than the things happening around them, and it's fascinating to watch Walter White become more and more ruthless as the series goes on. Runners up would probably be 24 and Walking Dead (which is FINALLY starting to become a great zombie after the so-so first couple of seasons). I also frequently watch Lie to Me and am thinking about starting either Rescue Me, Sons of Anarchy, or Mad Men on Netflix. I thought it would be interesting to hear what shows you guys like.

Favorite TV Shows

11 years ago

The Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad, for the reasons you described

Doctor Who, Stargate, Farscape, Red Dwarf, GoT, Heroes, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and The Newsroom, is all I can think of at the top of my head, though I didn't include any sitcoms or animated shows.

For the "Why", I just though they were all awesome shows with great storylines and characters.

Sons of Anarchy and Rescue Me are amazing, though I haven't watched all of SoA and Ive only heard from friends about RM.

Favorite TV Shows

11 years ago

Game of Thrones! Books are better. I love epic fantasy but this one sticks out 'cos it has such awesome characters... Especially Tyrion the dwarf! He's so cool. Also I really, REALLY loved the first season of Lost and the second season was pretty good too but it all went downhill from there.

Favorite TV Shows

11 years ago
Man v Wild, How We Invented the World on Discovery and Pawn Stars on History.

Favorite TV Shows

11 years ago

The books are definitely better but the show is unreal too.

Favorite TV Shows

11 years ago

TV rots your brain. Now that that crap is finished being spewed, the Simpsons season 1-4, early Seinfeld, and Family Guy are worth watching, the last due to how offensive it can be. I've been watching the Walking Dead with my girlfriend and enjoying it, and Season 5 of Doctor Who is pretty good. The only TV I have is from Amazon Prime so it's old, generally. I find that even if I think something is terrible, like "Parks and Recreation: Season 1" if I keep watching it, it suddenly seems good.

This fact is disturbing.

Favorite TV Shows

11 years ago

I hate when that happens.

Favorite TV Shows

11 years ago

The Walking Dead and NFL Total Access(or AM, or any other on that channel) are about all I watch, along with Adventure Time and some other miscalleanous shows.

The Walking Dead - I read the comics, so I tried the show. I did like the first two seasons, but now, char dev is really coming into play and my favorites are changing - positively. As a sidenote...

TEAM PRISON.

NFL Stuff - Football is awesome.

Adventure Time - I love not only the style of animation, but the characters animated. They may not be as in depth as characters like Daryl (TWD) or George (Being Human), but for a cartoon, they're quite interesting. I also love the little nods to 'grown-up stuff.'

Favorite TV Shows

11 years ago

the boondocks

bleach

gundam oo

both naruto's

Favorite TV Shows

11 years ago

Yey! I love anime! Don't watch those ones though. Usually just watch the more adult ones that only last a season or two. Think my favorites are Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, Death Note, Code Geass, Wolf's Rain and Black Lagoon.

Favorite TV Shows

11 years ago

Death Note was amazing, never got to finish it though. Anyone ever see "Spice and Wolf"?

Favorite TV Shows

11 years ago

Nah, what's it about?

Favorite TV Shows

11 years ago

I really enjoyed Death Note too. love the Good v Good dichotomy.

nate

Favorite TV Shows

11 years ago

Well its not the most thrilling action packed anime, but its incredibly charming. Its not very long and I don't think they have many seasons, but its still one of my favorite animes ever.

"Spice and Wolf's story revolves around Kraft Lawrence, a 25-year-old traveling merchant who peddles various goods from town to town to make a living in a stylized historical setting with European influences.[6] His main goal in life is to gather enough money to start his own shop, and he already has been traveling for seven years while gaining experience in the trade. One night when stopped at the town of Pasloe, he finds in his wagon a paganwolf-deity girl named Holo who is over 600 years old. She appears to be a 15-year-old girl, except for a wolf's tail and ears. She introduces herself as the town's goddess of harvest, who has kept it blessed with good harvests of wheat for many years. Despite her responsibility to watch over the town, she wants to go back to her homeland in the north called Yoitsu; she believes the people have already forsaken her and that she has kept her promise to maintain the good harvests. Holo wants also to travel to see how the world has changed while she has remained in one place for years. She manages to bargain her way out of the village by making a deal with Lawrence to take her with him. As they travel, her wisdom helps increase his profits, but at the same time, her true nature draws unwanted attention from the Church."

-Wikipedia

Favorite TV Shows

11 years ago

Spice and Wolf's story revolves around Kraft Lawrence, a 25-year-old traveling merchant who peddles various goods from town to town to make a living in a stylized historical setting with European influences.[6] His main goal in life is to gather enough money to start his own shop, and he already has been traveling for seven years while gaining experience in the trade. One night when stopped at the town of Pasloe, he finds in his wagon a paganwolf-deity girl named Holo who is over 600 years old. She appears to be a 15-year-old girl, except for a wolf's tail and ears. She introduces herself as the town's goddess of harvest, who has kept it blessed with good harvests of wheat for many years. Despite her responsibility to watch over the town, she wants to go back to her homeland in the north called Yoitsu; she believes the people have already forsaken her and that she has kept her promise to maintain the good harvests. Holo wants also to travel to see how the world has changed while she has remained in one place for years. She manages to bargain her way out of the village by making a deal with Lawrence to take her with him. As they travel, her wisdom helps increase his profits, but at the same time, her true nature draws unwanted attention from the Church.

Favorite TV Shows

11 years ago

dndj

Favorite TV Shows

11 years ago

Trying to see if I can reverse the process

Favorite TV Shows

11 years ago

Adventure Time is my all time favey-fave but I also LOVE Regular Show and Bob's Burgers.

But seriously, I have the BIGGEST crush on Finn heart