Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 7/25/2005: This will just be another "type" of variable. Right now, we have only numbers. TEXT variables are planned as well, so we may as well add SWITCH variables too.

New Variable New - SWITCH

18 years ago
Switches are just like varibles in many ways.  Yet they are less advanced.  They are a little more advanced than objects though.  Think of a light switch.  It has two settings.  On and Off.  It is considered a switch.  How was the computer made?  In a long series of switches called binary.  At any time a switch can turn on.  At any time it can turn off.   Yes, you can do swiches with varibles and objects, but I want switches to have it's own catagory under varibles.  It would be found in varibles but the editor says it is a switch with on and off as it's catagory. When you make varible changes there is no number.  The dropdown list just shows - On, Off, and Switch.  Switch turns On switches off and off switches on.

Switches

18 years ago

Good idea. Although you could easily do this with a number (0 or 1), this makes it easier for authors.

This will just be another "type" of variable. Right now, we have only numbers. TEXT variables are planned as well, so we may as well add SWITCH variables too.

Suggestion Accepted!

Switches

18 years ago
Yah.  You can do many conversations with that.  If you find the site to download RPG maker 2000 (It has a light blue background <There is one place that is dark blue but it's not what I'm talking about>), look for a tutorial on varibles and switches.  One tells how to make full use of switches and varibles.  To bad I deleted the word document I had.

New Variable New - SWITCH

18 years ago