Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

ADMINISTRATION

4 years ago

Okay, so, I know that this might sound like a stupid question, but, how do you become an admin? Like, what exactly are the requirements?

ADMINISTRATION

4 years ago
Commended by mizal on 3/27/2020 2:04:13 PM
There is a statement that I've seen repeated pretty much any time someone asks a question like this. It is a simple one, but has never been wrong so far. It is this:

"If you're asking how to become an admin, then you shouldn't be one."

Why is that? Because such a question is always asked by someone who is either a noob, an idiot, or most often, both.

You joined today. Your only accomplishments are making one (stupid) post, rating one game and starting a story of questionable quality. It's not just that you haven't proven yourself worthy of becoming an admin -- though you definitely haven't, and never will -- you haven't even proven yourself worthy of existence. Go do something useful, before someone notices your interest in administrator powers and decides to give you a little ... demonstration.

ADMINISTRATION

4 years ago
He joined a few times before this, actually.

ADMINISTRATION

4 years ago

I'm not quite sure why you'd want to be an admin in the first place, to be honest.  It seems like a lot of hard work to me, curating the storygames and dealing with trolls; having to respond to all those PMs from noobs asking questions.  Easier to just be a normal member and focus on your writing, IMO.

ADMINISTRATION

4 years ago

Thanks, man. I understand.

ADMINISTRATION

4 years ago
I'd really just advise avoiding the forum for a bit, especially if you wind up having to make a fourth account. You can read stories, comment, write, or message me if you have any questions, but if you just immediately wander back to the forum to go "HEY IT'S ME, I'M THAT GUY!" then there's just no hope for you.

If you were really wondering, then yes, because technology exists it's really easy for admins to recognize a connection between new accounts and an old one, if you give a reason to look.

...another detail I just noticed is that you may be way too young to be hanging around here anyway.

ADMINISTRATION

4 years ago

Maybe he's hoping that if he becomes an admin he can unban himself?

ADMINISTRATION

4 years ago

ADMINISTRATION

4 years ago

ADMINISTRATION

4 years ago
Gold. Absolute gold.