Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

New to the site, and technical question

2 years ago
Commended by Ford on 7/22/2023 11:15:59 AM
Hey there! I'm Gryphon, and although I've lurked as guest for a while now, I'm just now making my actual account. Since I've lurked here for a while, I've played a number of the games, and reviewed a few of them (which I'll be posting now). I'm working on a game of my own, but I don't expect it to be done anytime soon. I'm looking forward to being able to post comments and reviews on this site now that I have an account!

While working on my profile, I ran into a technical difficulty. The image I wanted to upload is "too large" for the website to process. Does anyone know of a way to reduce an image's file size? That way I can get rid of the confused penguin icon :)

2 years ago
Hey Gryphon, welcome to the site. You can resize an image on any site that pops up if you google "image resize online".

2 years ago
Thanks a ton! That was a big help

2 years ago

Welcome to the site.

I see that you've left reviews for some of the many awesome story-games that this site has.

That's honestly quite great. :)

2 years ago
Hey thanks!

2 years ago
Those reviews are impressive, great job!

Now that you've got an account, if you're on a PC you can install the site extension from Brad's profile (click!)and set dark mode and some other options in your profile, plus have multiple quicksaves for games available.

Killa and Nightwatch are gradually transferring the extension's bigger features over to the main site, but for now it's still useful to have for a lot of reasons.

And it looks like you got your issue with resizing the profile pic sorted out, but just fyi that can also be done with any sort of free image program, like paint.net.

Anyway, glad you've officially joined, and have fun!

2 years ago
Hey thanks! I'm on a Mac, unfortunately, but I haven't had any problems with the site so far. Is there anything major I miss out on by not having the extension?

2 years ago
You miss the light/dark modes that make this site look reasonably modern, including for stories you're reading. And multiple saves if you do that sorta thing. Previewing posts. A good plaintext editor. Some other major things I forget.

So mostly just your patience and vision as the site's old-school light mode slowly disintegrates your ability to see.

2 years ago
That's too bad, dark mode is easier to see. I'll just have to eat a lot of carrots. On the plus side, I can always use this website as an emergency flashlight!

2 years ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you continue to enjoy your time here!

2 years ago
Thanks!

2 years ago
Welcome to CYS. Love the reviews by the way.

2 years ago
@Psych oddly, my computer is glitching and I'm unable to respond to your post, so I'm tagging you instead. Thanks!

2 years ago
Yeah, he was using divs. Tsk tsk tsk.

2 years ago
Welcome and good luck by the way~

2 years ago
Thanks!

2 years ago

Welcome!