Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello!

2 years ago
Hey there. I'm T0PHATGREY. I've been interested in this website in a while, and have finally decided to make myself an account!

I'm an artist. But I'm working on a story, so I'd like to be a writer as well. I'd be happy if someone gave me some writing advice on the content I'll post soon, as I have started writing recently.

Nice to meet you all!
And... I hope I'm not cringey in any way! I'm kinda sensitive oof :'D

I don't really have much else so say here, so... yeah!

Hello!

2 years ago

Another artist huh, well there's a few of those here. The best one is MHD though so you shouldn't mess with her until you've leveled up severely and got the right weapon.

Actually don't mess with her at all, she's got powerful entities watching over her.

Feel free to post your art in the Creative Corner since that's where stuff like that usually goes.

Hello!

2 years ago
Alright - thanks for the advice, I'm not gonna mess with MHD anytime soon then XD
I didn't know about any "Creative Corner" of the sort and I like showing off my art, so that's appreciated.

Hello!

2 years ago
Welcome to the site. I do hope you enjoy your time here.

Hello!

2 years ago
Thank you! I actually started making a story, and it's SO. HARD. It frustrated me a little, which made me want to delete my account though haha.

Hello!

2 years ago
If it's a problem you're having with the editor, let us know the specifics and someone will help you out.

If it's a problem just getting words on the screen....welcome to the eternal struggle. I'm sure someone will let you know if they figure it out.

Hello!

2 years ago
1. I'm not able to get a profile picture - I can't upload any images.
2. As I'm not motivational, it is difficult for me having to write a WHOLE. COMPLETE. STORY.

I suppose that is all that I can think of, for now I suppose.

Hello!

2 years ago

1. It seems you've managed to figure out how to add pictures! Congrats! by the way, I like your profile picture. It looks really well drawn!
2. Don't worry about the motivation, we all get stuck and distracted sometimes. I'm also having the same problem. I guess the solution is to try to write as much as you can when you get a nice inspiration or idea so that way you can get a flow going. Once you've written a few pages of your story, it will seem a lot easier to concentrate. Also I find that writing is a lot easier if it's about something I like or enjoy. 

I hope you found this a bit helpful, I'm not very good at giving advice. If you have any more questions about story writing, let me know and I'll try my best to help :)

3. If it's difficult to write a whole complete story, welcome to the gang mate! I'm having the exact same problem.

Hello!

2 years ago

Thank you! It's kinda simple though. 

The last thing you said is true, but even starting a story is difficult. Plus, I don't have a lot of free time. (Because of homework and such.)

I'm honestly surprised at how people make entire stories. Coding isn't really my thing. 

Once again, thank you! I'm happy that there's kind and welcoming people here like you ahaha.

Hi!

2 years ago
I just made an acc a few minutes ago! I'm so excited! I'm a big fan of choice based games!

Hi!

2 years ago
Welcome!

Hi!

2 years ago
Ty!

Hi!

2 years ago
Hey there! I can say the same as well!

Hello!

2 years ago

Welcome to the site! I'm new myself, just joined some days ago. Try reading a few stories if you haven't yet, it really helps to get a general idea of what to expect before writing your own. If you've already read some, that's excellent! I'll be looking forward to reading your stories once you've finished :)

Also, don't worry about being cringey, just be yourself. Writing feels better when you write in your own way without worrying about what others will think.

I hope you enjoy your time on this site!

Hello!

2 years ago
Actually one of the problems I have is that I'm assuming that I'm younger than everyone else. They all seem to serious, and as you can tell by my unprofessional way of typing and overuse of emoticons, I doubt I'll fit in. :'D you however, seem more casual. So thank you for that.

Hello!

2 years ago

Lol don't worry, anyone can make a good story even if it's unprofessional. I'm not sure if emoticons and emojis and emoticons work on this site but I think it's quite normal to use it. I'm quite young myself (I'm 15) so I can relate a bit. 

By the way, I love your artstyle, it looks really cool! Do you think you could teach me sometime? 

Hello!

2 years ago

I see... and about my artstyle - practice makes perfect! I don't know if that's just a compliment or if you actually want me to teach you or something XD

Hello!

2 years ago

Lol I guess a bit of both? I like drawing myself although most of my drawings sucks and never turn out the way I expect. I guess I just don't practice enough. :)

Hello!

2 years ago

I mostly draw things that I actually like drawing, like various original characters I made up. Maybe just draw things that you enjoy drawing? Then again it doesn't hurt to try new things.

Hello!

2 years ago

If you're really young, like younger than 13, then you should probably stay away from the forums, or at least stay away from the lounge. Other than the fact that this is mostly an adult website, young people tend to screw up by posting too much or being stupid. If you do go into the lounge then you should lurk for a little bit first to get what the general protocols are for behaving before you join in a conversation. You seem to be doing fine in regards to the forums, but you can never be too careful! 

You said in the top post that you were sensitive or something along the lines of that, so maybe before you publish your storygame you can get a feel for how others receive your writing by posting an excerpt of it. A lot of times young authors post a whole story that isn't the greatest and then get their feelings hurt by comments posted on it. People here aren't afraid to tear something apart if they want to, so if that kind of thing bothers you then maybe posting a story here wouldn't be the best choice. If you post a story and it gets unpublished, don't republish it again. Go over it and make adjustments before you publish it, and then you can try to re-publish it. 

I think that you will fit in fine around here if you just keep doing what you are doing and don't bother any important people. If you aren't that young and just said that because you are in your early twenties or something, then you really don't need to worry. If you are really young,(guessing from your writing that you are) then you ARE probably younger than most. Don’t worry about it though because I’m very young and I do just fine, as do some others. 

Anyways, welcome! :)

Hello!

2 years ago

Yep don't wanna be scarred by Bob Saget. Too bad I found out the hard way... 

Hello!

2 years ago

Although I'm young (well, kind of), this website still interests me - I can't resist!

Hello!

2 years ago

About me posting an excerpt - doesn't the website say for me to post a whole story, not a demo?

Hello!

2 years ago

Yes, when you are publishing a story you publish a whole story. If you want to get some advice on something specific in your story however, then you should post a page or two in the writing workshop and ask for feedback. If you are stuck or want to see if something you put creates the effect you desired, then you should do that. 

Hello!

2 years ago

Ah, I see. Thanks for the advice, though I'll probably be too shy to post something over there without cringing.

Hello!

2 years ago

Your welcome! And that's fine, I was shy for a long time too. The fact that you knew not to publush an unfinished story though, and the fact that you aren't going to just spam messedges and stories on the forums make me think that despite your age you will do just fine. 

Hello!

2 years ago

Whew, that's close. ^ ^"

Hello!

2 years ago

Your choice of font is making me cringe enough.