Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

Hi all,

“Big” update this time! Lots of small to medium size changes. Here they are:

1. The New Games category on the categories page will now show 6 instead of 5 stories.

2. Notifications that are new since the last time you checked your notifications will be bolded in the notification center. All other notifications will not be bolded.

3. Winning most commended for any given day is now worth 10 points instead of 20. Twenty is too much when it can be for as little as a featured comment.

4. The best order (in terms of commendations) over the past 24 hours will have different color usernames on the forums. (Will update overnight).

5. You will now receive notifications for getting a comment featured and for getting a post commended.

6. Featured comments in your commendation history will include a hyperlink to the game.

7. You can access your commendation history from My Stuff.

8. Storygame authors no longer have the ability to prevent users from saving the game.

9. The difficulty tags are now after article titles instead of before.

10. The new game wizard now defaults to the advanced editor and users must opt-in, in order to use the classic editor, instead of the other way around.

11. If you click a recent post on someone’s profile, it will take you to the post, not just the thread.

12. Clicking on the [See All Top Storygames] button from the categories page shows the top 100, not the top 20.

13. If you click on the year that the storygame was published, from any game that has a ranking, it will take you to a top 15 list for storygames published in that year. For instance if a storygame says: #5 for 2017, then clicking 2017 will show you the top 15 games published in 2017. Note, the stories here are ranked by adjusted rating so any story with fewer than 100 votes is considered tied.

14. New storygames must exist for 2 days and have at least 10 pages in order to be published.

15. Point scores below zero are set to 0 artificially, but behind the scenes they are still negative, so users must gain points to crawl out of sub-zero land. For instance, if someone is at -100, their profile will show 0 but they will need to gain 101 points to get up to 1 point. This is to preserve the sanctity of the About Us page but still allow admins to enact punishments on low point users.

16. New order suffix for people with at least one story in the top 100. (Should update overnight).

17. Hovering over the ‘xx [minutes, hours, days] ago’ of any forum post will reveal the true timestamp.

I’d like to take this moment to ask people to really be clear in the Bugs & Problems section. Please give me as much information as possible, so that I have a chance to fix your problem. I’m sure I will have created some bugs in the course of building these changes!

Cheers,
3J

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

That sure is a big one! :D

Thanks for yet another awesome update, 3j!

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

All great but not sure how I feel about number 8...

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

Focus on the rainbows and skittles.

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

You are on the reader's side. There's no reason to try to make it harder to read your story. Not everyone has hours to sit in front of a computer screen.

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

So will the user-granted save option be removed (the one where you click on the link to save)?

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

I'm confused about what you're asking. It's now impossible for authors to prevent users from being able to save their progress.

Edit: More info here: http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/feature-wishing-well/message/21228

v20170006 Update

7 years ago
Why would it be removed?

You're drunk, go home.

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

Sober. My craziness is all-natural.

But what I'm saying is that there is an option in-game to allow the reader to save by clicking on a link (it says Save Link by default) instead of using the buttons on top. It's useless now, so I'm asking if we should get rid of it.

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

No! It's still a good reminder for the user if the author wants to use it. Good point though, I hadn't thought of that.

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

Honestly, I never ever knew you could until it was brought up.

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

Nice update, 3J! Thanks for the updates.

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

That's a LOT of Quality of Life improvements, excellent!

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

Thank you, 3J for another awesome update! This site is getting better and better!

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

Right? Ever since 3J got the site code, there have been awesome updates nearly every two days! xD

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

Should have been 10, not 15. I'll change that for the next update. Too many years have storygames that don't have 15 storygames with 100+ ratings.

v20170006 Update

7 years ago
The number 17 doesn't seem to work for me, but I kind of expected that anyway and like the old system. Thank you for all the updates, it's allways nice to wake up and see the site has changed! :)

v20170006 Update

7 years ago
Wow, Update Grande!

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

I like it. ^-^

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

What color username means the best order?

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

I think it's red. Sages are definitely the best group.

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

KEWL.

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

Yeah.... for you.

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

LOL. But I honestly think that it is because most people on this site are in it.

v20170006 Update

7 years ago
Well, I would hazard a guess that the orders were assigned completely randomly, but that would likely include all accounts, even those not active. So I might agree that the largest number of active people are in that order!

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

What about the bolded red usernames?

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

Yesterday's highest-earning commendee.

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

Ha, 16 would be way cooler if I wasn't #101.

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

Not sure what I did exactly to get this title, but I'm cool with it.

Immortal Marauder Exemplar

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

I will guess that it means exactly what you are. Even though I don't even know what it means (except immortal). :)

v20170006 Update

7 years ago
I'm going to guess part of it is:

"New order suffix for people with at least one story in the top 100. (Should update overnight)."

v20170006 Update

7 years ago

Correct once again!

v20170006 Update

7 years ago
Preview feature is great, saves so much time! Thanks 3J!