Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

What was the last movie that ever made you cry?

8 years ago

Before Green Gables. It's a prologue to the Anne of Green Gables series, and once you get past all the backstory, Mr. Thompson's character development honestly made me cry. But I cried at Frozen and Inside Out, so I suppose that's probably not a very big accomplishment.

8 years ago

A lot of people cried at Inside Out, from what I've been told. (And Kung Fu Panda 2, also much to my surprise.) 

8 years ago

Yeah, my mom was tearing up when watching inside out. I just kept thinking 'fuck, this is cringy.' I honestly cannot understand how someone would cry at KFP 2. That's pretty shocking to me.

8 years ago

It's a Disney animation movie.

Did you seriously expect more?

8 years ago

...no.

8 years ago

Good.

Because Disney is meant to be fun for kids, cringy for older people and gr8 m8 for the older, older people.

Godammit mawm

8 years ago

I say Disney movies, Inside out in particular, don't play down to children, which makes it also enjoyable for adults as well. It's great to re-watch Disney movies from my childhood when I'm older. It's when I finally understand the deeper meanings behind them. I feel the same is with Inside Out.

8 years ago

I'm going to assume (spoilers) that people got teary over the scene where Po realized he was in the destroyed village where he was born and had to make peace with the fact that his family was murdered, so he would never (as far as he knew at that time) get the closure of meeting them. 

I didn't see anyone crying when I went to watch it, but I do know people sometimes draw on their own experiences, like folks who watch UP and cry because they think of a lost loved one, or people who watch Inside Out and ... think of their first move, I guess. Or whatever else made their innocence / optimism die. 

7 years ago

f

7 years ago

The Notebook got to me, because I watched after my grandma died of dementia. It was super sad for me at that time and I bawled myy eyes out.