Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

The most unnerving thing I've discovered recently

10 years ago
So this story (and especially the video) thoroughly have me creeped out. And to be honesf, rather perplexed...

http://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantreport/mysterious-case-elisa-lam/

10 years ago

Holy damn, the girl's gone H.A.M....

Maybe she saw "This Man" in a dream earlier?

It's giving me that creeped-out clenchy feeling on that membrane on the inside of my skull... Ever had that feeling?

10 years ago
everything in the article just makes the security cam that much more unnerving.. how did she get on the roof and past all the alarms, what's up with the elevator? Its like someone got on then off like they were leaving the scene. BUT NO ONE IS THERE! Arghhh I've watched if 4 times lol...

10 years ago

There's some weird jesus-y stuff in the link below that can explain it, but it makes just as much sense....

10 years ago

I remember reading this in a creepypasta. Definitely unnerving.

10 years ago

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/03/updated-elisa-lam-mystery-all-the-hidden-stuff-you-didnt-see-2582918.html

It sounds as bullshitty as can be, but it's just so strange that I can't help bt copypaste the link...

THE FOUR HORSEMEN ARE UPON US!

10 years ago
Dude... I don't.... I coukdnt even finish. I know A lot about Crowley... I've spent a good portion of my life researching him and The Golden Dawn.. (if you don't know the golden dawn... you should *my belief they were/are the illuminati*) I... I dunno..

10 years ago
Further, in collegd I wrote an 11 page paper on Our good friend Crowley If I can find the file I will post it in a google doc and provide the link. If not then just feel free to google Crowley and the Golden Dawn...

10 years ago

Wasn't Illuminati just a bunch of dead scientists with Educate-everyone ideals? Where the hell did Satanism pop out of?

10 years ago
Mainly from the likes of People like Crowley. Do some reading on them bud..

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermetic_Order_of_the_Golden_Dawn

This isn't a greT resource but in a pinch it gets the idea across

10 years ago
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeon_of_Horus

I can't make this stuff up bud. Illuminati.
We have no idea what we are dealing with.

(I know this stuff sounds insane but apply it and think hard about everything happening today...)

10 years ago

Aeon of Horus? The connection is undeniable...

Boy will Drakillian ever have something to say about this... It makes sense, but a whole different kind of sense than what you find on a scientific documentary. It's a sense that isn't really backed up by reason, but it still makes sense... I might have taken the wrong medicine earlier today.

But it's just strange, Crowley's ears even look pointed... The only way to stop the world from being devoured by wizards is to download Internet Explorer.

Firefox and Witchcraft - The Connection?

10 years ago

Sad thinv? This is light reading material for me. I quote imagine dragons: "I'm waking up I feel it in my bones  enough to make my system blow. Welcome to the new age" "The new age" = "The age of aquarius" = "The Aeon of Horus" Which is prophesied by Aleister Crowley, who is tied deeply to the Golden Dawn, which is a derivative of the Freemasons, who are said go ha e split ages ago into what we consider the Illuminati.

10 years ago

Oh, it's not sad, it's just very involved, and very complex.  As far as the freemasons go, I know one, he's old, and pretty honest, I know a few things that aren't the secret handshake, and the requiring belief is just  that a higher power exists. So it's very likely the Golden Dawn and Illuminati were split off from the freemasons, sheerly because the Freemasons didn't want to have anything to do with these extremists... Unless they're all in on the Eldritch horror and if that guy actually told me the truth e'd both end up dead in a cistern above an apartment building...

10 years ago
Wescott and Mcgregor Mathers were both high ranking Freemasons.

10 years ago
I have certain... connections to the brotherbood as well. I will leave it at that.

10 years ago
If he did tell you things then, well I hope he made you swear an Omerta. Lol.

10 years ago

Omerta? I'm sure I swore it at one point. Is that like when you ask the old guy "Hey, can you tell me more about the thing I'm curious about?" And then he says "Sure, but I'll have to kill you, unless you promise not to tell anyone the secret handshake."

And then I admtted I couldn't be trusted with the secret handshake, so he told me almost anything you can find on wikipedia...

10 years ago

lmao. yeah pretty much :) hahaha

10 years ago

I mean, how can you NOT tell the secrt handshake? By definition, it requires two people! (though I'm pretty sure it's along the lines of the standard Sophomore "black man, white man, batman" handsha-*Gets stabbed*

10 years ago

Strange people... Strange, strange strange people... I mean, I'm strange, really strange, I have strange ideas about this universe that I'd rather not type, but this is very strange strangeness, more odd than I am... How is the occult supposed to work anyway? Couldn't they tell that the shiny lead wasn't actually gold a long time ago?... This is just so mind-boggling... I feel like I might cry, even though I'm not even feeling negative... 

10 years ago

The only reason people affilated Satanism with the Illuminati is because of imbeciles who believe pop culture and unwarranted fear are valid sources on the topic. Although no longer in existence, the Illuminati was very much a secular organization; one that one to rid superstition and religion out of the government (which was, at the time, in the Catholic Church's dominion), and wanted to reduce oppression and increase equality and education (as you said) They were pretty much old school Libertarians; I have absolutely no idea what people think of them as negative.

10 years ago

Well, I guess back then religious governments found their lack of faith disturbing and yelled, "HERETIC SATANFAGS FROM HELL! BLARSTED HEATHENS! DIE!" and from that point on bad horror movies were made, and the Munchkin team made a board game and everything.

10 years ago

Here we go again, just because a party is nationalistic and anti-EU/communist doesn't mean they are illuminati or Neo-Naz- Ooops, wrong thread.

10 years ago

Well thanks for the nightmares.

10 years ago
anytime :)

10 years ago

Hmm... Possession... Possible. Not certain though. That's really strange...

10 years ago

The elevator moving after isn't what freaked me out, but rather the fact that the elevator refused to move while she was in it. That's what's so eerily strange to me. Not to mention who she was apparently talking to and where she ended up.

10 years ago

I mean yes the video could have been edited. (From what I've read jf you watch the time stamp it doesn't line up right. All In all close to 55 seconds are missing) but it still doesn't add up. There would be evidence of another person. But that doesn't explain her body movements.

10 years ago

Well.

This is a huge glass of nope.

Kinda freaked me out, closed the tab, decided to not trust the internet for a while.

10 years ago

Her hand should not bend the way it s at 2:00

10 years ago

It does seem almost "creepypasta-ish" and I half expected a screamer suddenly appear when the elevator doors were opening and closing.

Not sure what to make of it. Probably the creepiest bit is at around 2:00 when she's in the corridor waving her hands around. Now it's probably just the angle I'm looking at it from or maybe its due to her long sleeved shirt, but her arm closest to the elevator door doesn't look "right." Like her wrist looks disjointed and slightly elongated when she's moving it about. (Like Aeon mentioned)

Barring something really out to get her (whether its government agents or eldritch horrors) the only other explanation I can think of is she had some mental problems and was having some sort of delusion of something chasing her.

Dunno what's up with the elevator though. That's probably the weirder thing since her own actions could still be rationally explained without the supernatural tied to it.

It might've just been the case of a really slow elevator door and every time she was pushing buttons and moving back and forth between them it prevented them from closing, but even then an elevator usually still makes the attempt to close before stopping and sliding back into place. (Even slow ones)

I mean unless someone (or someTHING for the supernatural minded) was somehow controlling the elevator remotely, I have no idea why that elevator didn't even attempt to close (or move) while she was in it, or even near it.

10 years ago
One of those few instances where I wish there was creepy audio to go with the video. I want to know what she was saying... if you watch her hands right before she walks away it appears she is snapping her fingers. And by snapping I mean shattering them and trying to rip them off her hands.

10 years ago

I wasn't paying that much attention, though I noted something was wrong with her wrist, I see the rest of the arm's surroundings, though I think it could have been the lense, or a bit of dust on the lense being a douche. I ALMOST said that was enough internet for me today...

10 years ago

Can't believe that the residents continued drinking and washing themselves with balck water for two entire weeks before complaining. I've seen people complain about their napkins not being properly folded.

Anyways, video was faked. Those hand movements are completely normal, but the video was slowed down to around half speed. This is slow motion you're seeing.

10 years ago
even if it is faked. It doesn't explain what she was doing RIGHT BEFORE SHE DIED.

10 years ago
Even if it was normal speed... these are bizarre hand motions and body gestures dude.

10 years ago

No, not at all. It looked perfectly normal lol. 

Well, there was no actual bizarre motions, I mean, it looks like she is scared that someone is going to come into the elevator and murder-rape her (In that order) or like she maybe has extreme OCD, but it's not bizarre, they're normal motions.

Look here: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YO4QbaNDjI

10 years ago

So you randomly bend down and wave both of your hands in circles, then appear to attempt to rip your fingers off at the knuckles? yeah seems legit...

10 years ago

I crack my knuckles all the time. It's a thing I do, and occasionally when I do it, it looks pretty violent. But then again, she didn't really sound drunk enough to just wave her arms. She might have gone insane and drowned herself for the sake of starting this conversation. Or she was stretching and then got murdered by the ghost of Jack the Ripper, or killed by a stalker who looked at all the coinkidinks and found killing her irresistable.

The possibilities are ENDLESS. But either answer is fun.

10 years ago

She was moving nervously.

If you look at the time she moved her hand in a circle, they were around her head, and she looked panicked.

She wasn't bending down (just once I think, and she then quickly got up, making it more of a nervous action than anything else). The other times she was just moving out of the elevator, looking around nervously, and then moving back in.

I didn't see any such finger ripping attempt.

10 years ago

I'd need to see more history on this chick. If she was a hooker, she'd have every reason to have drowned in the cistern and walk round looking nervous. I'm also more concerned about the guys in lead masks who walked up to a hill and OD'd on something nobody can recognize.

10 years ago

I suppose she could've been double jointed which might explain the odd angles of her wrists and hands. (Even going with slow motion theory I'm still seeing a weird angle her wrist is making) If we add nerves and/or insanity the actual motions themselves can be explained.

Still doesn't explain the elevator weirdness though.

10 years ago

Or how she got to the water tank, or how the tank closed behind her.

10 years ago

Pretty sure that part is obvious.

*Drunk Serial killer: Hmmmm, I wonder where I should but this dead body? Oh, how convenient! A water tank! I wonder how long it will take for people to realize they are drinking corpse water? Ah, probably about 2 days. Well, that should be more than enough time to get rid of the evidence*

10 years ago

So  A drunk serial killer, knew the alarm would sound after hours on the door leading to the roof? And knew hwo to bypass? Oh and then knew there was an alarm on the door of the cistern? hmmm im callin bullshit

10 years ago

Agreed. Did you read the article, Drak? It shows how hard it is for someone of a clear mind to gain access to the roof.

10 years ago

it was right before she walked off.

Also, why did she move out with a weird step, then side step, then step back in, then step out and to the side? that wasn't nervous movement. ive bee trained to detect nervous twitches and oddities, that's just strange *unwell* behavior... Also I've read she had no mental problems, the autopsy was clean no traces of anything. So being intoxicated or under the influence is out.

10 years ago

at 140 (in the link you posted) she does the weird motion. NO ONE EVER DOES THAT EVER FOR ANY REASON IT IS JUST PLAIN WEIRD. ALSO NOTICE THE FINGER RIPPING MOTIONN BETWEEN 140 AND 150 (sry caps) dude its all there. it isnt "normal" whatsoever.

10 years ago

I snap my fingers like that all the time lol

10 years ago

I've done some of the things the girl has done, like the odd step, and I've seen other things the girl has done by people in real life. To be fair, many were awkward or odd people. It's not normal by any means, but it's not unheard of.

10 years ago

To be equally fair, she does look like an awkward or odd person. There's also an equally likely possibility that the killer could have been an inside job, or that whoever closed it could have just been city maintainance who didn't see the body and saw the water tank just lying open, nobody said he had to really be thinking about it all. This really seriously depends on her history, and I've never seen her history, so until then, I'm just playing with conlcusions for fun.

10 years ago

Yeah, honestly, we have very little information, so the possibilities are endless. Personally, I feel like the student's movements could be explained. It's the many other things that are very fishy, like the elevator, the tampered security tape, etc.

10 years ago

Why the hell are you guys talking about fingers? How did she get into the tanks in the first place, who closed it afterwards, and why didn't anyone complain about the corpse-tasting water earlier?

I think this is just a smartly planned murder which involved at least some members of the staff. Someone could've known about the cameras in the elevator, which is why I suspect the murderer had a member of staff working with him to stop the elevator and lure her out. After that, I don't really know how they'd killed her, thrown her body into the tank and left without leaving any traces.

Of course, I may be only saying this because I'm a bitch who refuses to believe in the supernatural.

10 years ago

That's what I said above, it's an inside job, or a perfectly normal security failure, she could easily have bypassed the alarm, (and it could have explained the elevator) if there was just problems with electricity and wiring, (Explainng the camera going slow mo, and the lost frames.)

10 years ago

More likely that it would be one of the actual hotel staff than it being someone who worked with them.

Or, you know, the hotel is lying about the effectiveness of their security. This is horrible publicity for them, I don't think that they would also want to advertise how shitty their security is.

10 years ago
also take into account Cecil Hotel's dark dark dastardly evil history...

10 years ago

Bad luck :p

(Or maybe one of the staff really is a serial killer? If you're staying there, try not to trust any of the older workers...)

10 years ago
Doesn't explain the dozen or so suicides. Though I'm.sure someone knew of Dichard Ramirez being a serial killer. You don't kill 11 people in and around your house and no one suspects you.

10 years ago

Read  the book "Private Berlin" and you'll think differently about that.

10 years ago

How many people have killed themselves by jumping off the golden gate bridge? More than a thousand.

More than a thousand

Where people kill themselves doesn't matter.

10 years ago

10 years ago

If you look into the history of anything, it gets dark here and there. My town has hella low criminal activity, the gangs consist of little wannabe kids who hit each other and act tough, and if someone buys something on somebody else's credit card, It's the con of the century, and "Nothing this bad has ever happened before! This is such a peaceful little town!" You'd be suprised how many local newspaper articles from a mere 50-100 years ago contain "Farmer goes mad, shoots wife and children".

In fact, there's a ton of that in the old newspaper headlines throughout most of Wisconsin.

10 years ago

Have you read the history of the particular building?

10 years ago

Well this is about the only semi rational explanation I can come up with without going into supernatural territory.

Government agents or organized crime members were after her and had someone on the payroll to fuck around with the elevator so she couldn't use it hence why it never closed. Obviously being in a heightened state of panic she started talking to herself and making nervous hand gestures and pacing.

Soon after the video they got her and threw her in the water tank.

Now all of this of course doesn't explain WHY they just didn't take or erase the entire security tape though. Especially in the case of an organized crime thing. Criminals don't tend to want to leave any sort of evidence.

If it was the government, well maybe they just decided if anyone leaked it to the internet all it would do is cause a lot of talk and have people like us debate over what we've seen. After all most of the population is going to mark it down as a something supernatural or just say "Yeah, that's pretty weird" and go on about their business, so why worry about it?

And those that try to come up with a more rational explanation, well how much power to they REALLY have to do anything about it?

Yep, I'm pretty sure the MIBs will be coming to visit me, now that I've mentioned this.

Come and get me bitches. LOL.

10 years ago

"Now sir, this thing here is going to explain what just happened, I just need you to look real close now..."

10 years ago
If a government agency.... then why? Why her? Why not me? I've actually held classified information in my hands. It doesn't add up.

10 years ago

What was her history? We don't know, and thusly, we don't know what would want to kill her and why.

10 years ago

You served in the military and you seem to be fairly patriotic U.S. citizen so I guess you're safe. (For Now!)

She was Canadian, which while a close ally is still a foreign power, so maybe she got a hold of secrets that she wasn't supposed to know.

10 years ago
From what I understand she was the average college kid.

Though! Here is a question we haven't gotten into. Explain the Tuberculosis outbreK and the random stuff surrounding that

10 years ago

She could have been paranoid, and then caught tuberculosis afterward, (after all that time experimenting on, looking for, and diagnosing it, it's likely she could have caught it at some point) and then contaminated the water when she was thrown in. then, as symptoms tend not to show up immediately, it could have spread to  shit ton of people who may not have seemed related to this.

10 years ago

I didn't even know about that until you mentioned it. I probably could make some sort of half-assed connection, but it looks like more dedicated conspiracy theorist than myself came up with something already.

I just found some weird doomsday site looking this stuff up.

http://thecomingcrisis.blogspot.com/2013/02/elisa-lam-and-los-angeles-tuberculosis.html

Here's their forums.

http://www.crisisforums.org/

10 years ago

Geez... People these fucking days...

10 years ago
Elisa Lam dies, TB breaks out, TB test is called Lam Elisa. Elisa Lam was at the University where they were running government experiments on resistant diseases. A faux company masquerading as a FX lighting company has a suite in the hotel she was found dead in. Not only that but this company turns out to be A front for a government agency... yeah the girl probably had it coming. Found out about the sxperiments, threatened to turn em out, or release the strand etc she gets blacklisted and struck out. Starting to make a lot of sense actually...

10 years ago

Maybe it's just me, but i'm sure that you can catch something nasty from drinking two week old corpse water.

Or, you know, they could be two completely unrelated events :p

10 years ago

XD I was just watching that movie!

10 years ago

They don't stand a chance against the things coming out of the portal in your basement, right, o mighty destroyer of worlds? This is all just a trap for The Man, isn't it?

Seriously, there could just have been power problems, she had a rally bad few weeks before this, and killed herself via drowning in the cistern, and then an unassuming maintenance worker closed it, not expecting shit, and not seeing th body. Besides, city water tastes like shit to begin with, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between corpse water and water tower tankage myself... The key is what happened before this, and then maybe I'll be able to kinda sorta paint my own opinion.

10 years ago
(Also, this is how a lounge thread should be. Thank you guys)

10 years ago

(You didn't come up with anything interesting for us, we were kinda counting on your "light reading" for discussion.)

10 years ago

To me, when she steps outside, it looks like she's checking if someone pressed the button. She seems nervous, maybe she was late for something, and when the door still didn't close, she tried pressing other buttons, getting kinda desperate. When she's moving her arms, it reminds me of those pop stars, etc. in japan/china. Perhaps she's, I don't know, practicing for a job interview, or something? Of course, this is just me, and what I think is a possible explanation. Maybe it's just a huge coincidence.

10 years ago
A job interview wearing gym shorts a hoodie and flip flops?

10 years ago

Maybe she's going to karaoke and wants to get her voice right? I don't know, I just don't want to jump to conclusions. I may be wrong, and it might be the government or something.

WHAT?!

10 years ago

I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS ELEVATOR!

I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS VIET WOMAN!

WHAT IN TH-

Yeah, that's...that just doesn't make ANY sense, and yet it happened....

WHAT?!

10 years ago

The rational explanation...

FAKE!!! 

Not really. Weird, strange, possibly paranormal. Meh, shit happens.

A more solvable case.

10 years ago

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/20/us/california-family-killed/

This one also confused me a little bit, though it's nowhere nearly as unnerving as our first case...