Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

Can I still join?

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

"There never was a Sci fi storygame speed challenge"

And the thread is from five months ago...

But anybody can write a sci fi story for kids, I'm working on one now that might fit depending on how much violence is allowed.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

Okay. Thank you. I'm making a science friction story based on the Disney Pixar film WALL -E.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago
Wall E fanfic should be very wholesome at least.

Just curious, how did you find the site?

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

I was looking around on Google for You Choose Book Creaters, when I found this. So you think a WALL - E based story is cool, huh? It's hard, but it's going well.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago
Well I don't really read a lot of fanfic, but I loved the movie so I'll be sure to check yours out. Seems like we've had a few fanfic authors pop up recently though so mainly I was wondering if an algorithm had changed. (And was prepared to blame @Avery_Moore for all her Disney talk.)

You should probably be aware though that this community has some pretty high quality standards, so you have to be able to take criticism to last here. It sometimes takes new people a couple attempts to get a high enough rating for a story to stay published. (Low rated things are eventually moved out of public view so that only people who have the URL from the author can read it.)

To avoid that the best thing is to include plenty of detail and make sure a story has been carefully proofread for punctuation and spelling and the like. You can also make a Writing Workshop thread about it once you're further along, so that people can look at it before you publish it and give advice.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

OK! I'll remember that. I'm gonna make details and pictures to my story.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

Just make sure you finish by July 1st, 2025. Otherwise, we won't accept it.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

Got that. Oh, and by the way what's your sci fi story about?

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

I'm kidding, haha. I was going to try to make an asteroid mining mission for this, but I've given it up for a longer game about colonizing another planet. The goal is to make it semi-realistic. I wish you the best of luck with your Wall-E fanfic sci-fi! It's a great movie, so I hope the story comes out good. You should read the guide to making fanfics on this website for tips (under help&info tab)

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

Thanks! It will come out good. Heres the plot so far:

WALL-E and his friends are back! You are WALL-E, the main character. The company BnL just discovered a alien recorded message from a unknown world! You, Captain B. McCrea, and your friends EVE and M-O, Sing up for this job to search for these new lifeforms, But one things for sure, not all of it will be easy.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

It's a fun premise, just make sure you work hard on it and proof read like Mizal said. Also, keep in mind that there need to be multiple branches and endings to give the reader a choice. You will have to write this story at least twice because of that. The guide I mentioned will be helpful for the type of story you are making because you need to make your story work well as a stand-alone. 

I have confidence in your ability to appease all of us Disney fans around here. You should check out that thread if you haven't. Welcome to the site!

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

Thanks! It feels so nice to be welcomed on this site. I'm new here. Did you read my profile?

I SEE ALL

3 years ago
ngl your profile makes you look kinda like a bot. Good thing you started posting before anyone noticed it, lol.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

Well I'm not a bot.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago
How old are you?

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

Between 13 and 14. How old are YOU ?

I SEE ALL

3 years ago
So you're 13. Okay, that makes sense. I'm between 17 and 71 for your information. Have fun on the forum but you know you can just type regularly like everyone else is doing. Because if you don't get tired of colors and special fonts, I bet Endmaster will.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago
Luckily Endmaster doesn't read this board, but yeah Magna I was gonna say, you might want to leave the rainbows at home if you venture into the Lounge or elsewhere.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

Okay. I WILL keep that in mind.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

Had he not been bumping other old threads of yours I might not have wandered into that part of the forum, but he was drawing attention like an idiot and bad things happened.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

Okay. I WILL keep that in mind.

Oh, by the way, my story is based on Disney Pixar's WALL - E. Have you seen the film?

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

I went and looked at it because you asked. If you still like zombie survival type stories there are a few big ones here, I believe. You should really check out some of the other stories here if you haven't yet. Reading them will give you more ideas for your book, and it will get you used to the quality standards expected. There are a bunch of stories, but I would look in the sci-if game section. Also, yeah you might want to avoid the changing fonts and stuff. I don't care, but it might not go over well everywhere here.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

Okay. I will keep that in mind, but adding zombies in a WALL - E based story kinda doesn't fit well for the plot I have. Just saying. I'll also take your advice. Thank you. Did I send you the plot or no?

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

Now the forum title makes sense because End Master sees all.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago
F

It was inevitable.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

Oh no. 

What happened?

I SEE ALL

3 years ago
tfw when you go out of your way to accommodate and work with a child, then they fuck it up immediately. smh

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

I SEE ALL

3 years ago
Boy have I sure been taught a lesson today...

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

LMAO

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

And you were talking about noobs not ascending the ziggurat...

I SEE ALL

3 years ago
I was pretty dumb at 13, but not THIS dumb thankfully. I could at least understand words that were said directly to me, which, until now never seemed like an accomplishment worth mentioning.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

I drew this and realized I've made this similar comic not once but twice before. At this (predictable) rate I'm gonna be out of a job soon! :~(

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

Oh no. I enjoy them just as much.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago
But just like the executions themselves, these are still funny every time.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago
Do not do the thing.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

End, no! He's just a child! ^_^

I SEE ALL

3 years ago
How you do these things with a few strokes of the pen is amazing. They really capture the essence of the situation so well.

I SEE ALL

3 years ago

Haha, awh shucks! Thanks! :~)