Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Hello from a ghost

2 years ago

Hi, I guess I just wanted to post here because I was checking out some of my old accounts during my name change process a little while ago and I stumbled on this site. Right now I'm migrating any progress on my unpublished storygames to my Google Drive for memory's sake. I went ahead and published one of the storygames I was working on at the time, Away to a Hill, that was more or less finished; it captures a lot of the angst I had about myself and the future back then.

I used this site a lot when I was an insecure high school student during my senior year. Looking back through some of my posts when I was briefly active during the fall of 2017, I found a lot of myself craving validation, hoping people online would view me as artistic or funny or intellectual. I'm trans now, and it's particularly funny to see my high school self complaining about They/Them pronouns as grammatically incorrect and promptly be corrected by some interesting guy named Steve. It's even funnier when I realized that I made a typo on my Article on Grammar that says to place a comma at the end of every sentence,

So, thanks for all the memories. I had a lot of fun reading EndMaster's and BerkaZerka's storygames and just generally shitposting in the forms. Hope y'all are doing well. 

Hello from a ghost

2 years ago

Yep, I remember you, you're still in the SHAME pit from the contest story you failed to submit back in 2017.

Forgot you wrote an article though since someone else usually handles accepting those and such. (I think it was Will that was going over them at that time)

Anyway, always time to crawl back out of the SHAME pit if you ever get the urge to join another contest and submit a story for it.

Hello from a ghost

2 years ago

Thanks for reminding me that I needed to take that comma sentence out,

Hello from a ghost

2 years ago

Lmao

Hello from a ghost

2 years ago
Always fun to look back on stuff you said as an angsty teenager and cringe, ^_^

Hello from a ghost

2 years ago

Well assuming Jeff's still lurking about, Jeff's new story got rated pretty quickly and fairly respectable ranking considering its shortness, so congratulations is in order I guess.

Hello from a ghost

2 years ago
A great opportunity to learn from the past of other people.