Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Stay warm!

one year ago
Lots of really nasty weather building up for the US for Christmas, good luck to everybody in the path of it. Been prepping for it like it's a hurricane, although thankfully where I am the forecast has shifted for the better. Still will plummet over 50 degrees overnight on Thursday and turn into a hard freeze over the next few days I don't think the wildlife will care for. But no rain in the mix now, so I'm hoping that hundreds of elderly people dying with no power in the cold doesn't just become a yearly thing like the flu for Texas.

And since I know spite is a powerful motivator around here, just remember if you should find yourself suffering and stranded somewhere, or even in danger of death:

A bitter, misanthropic boomer will be having horny thoughts about your insufficient BOOTSTRAPS and getting himself off. You must deny him the satisfaction, even if you're forced to cut your neighbors open and crawl inside them for warmth.

Stay warm!

one year ago
TIL there are schools in Oklahoma.

Really, is the defect here being a boomer or being a “boomer sooner”?

Stay warm!

one year ago

Fifteen below freezing is not T shirt weather under any circumstances, especially if you're working hard. Getting wet and slick with sweat that freezes is going to make you colder

Stay warm!

one year ago
That's not even accounting for the slightest breeze leading to frostbite before you could even get a start on your work.
IAP wouldn't know though, because he hasn't felt -15.

Stay warm!

one year ago
I think it's only forecast for -9 here, so I'll be sure I've got my shower shoes ready if I want to go get the mail.

Stay warm!

one year ago

Back in 1996 there was a pretty bad ice storm in Detroit that cut the power for like a week. It went from Fallout to Metro 2033 (Except bullets were more plentiful)

I remember me and my dad just sitting in the dark freezing house as the flashlight got dimmer and quoted the ending lines between Keith David and Kurt Russel from The Thing.

Fun times.

Yeah, it's not the badass BOOMER story IAP would tell, but short of killing a wendigo in a blizzard with my bare hands, there's no way I'm going to be able to compete with the hardships he choked to death, not unlike a Thugee cultist to a young Indian village girl.

Stay warm!

one year ago

After a couple weeks of relatively bone-chilling weather, it's been perfect for a few days, and working outside is actually really nice right now! Yay!

So, uh, enjoy your winter storms guys!

Stay warm!

one year ago

fuck you

Stay warm!

one year ago

Don't worry, the 4000 degree heat in the summer will fuck me enough

Stay warm!

one year ago
Learning cool new words like "bomb cyclone", but I'm kinda worried for some of you guys, especially Sent since I've gathered he lives like an eccentric 1800s man in a drafty manse but with only half a bottle of super sketchy rum and a microwave for warmth.

Stay warm!

one year ago

It's not as bad here, but it's still pretty miserable. It was snowing for a little bit around 3 am this morning, but ever since 4 it's been pouring rain at about 34 degrees outside. 

Stay warm!

one year ago

It was supposed to snow today but has shifted to rain instead so hopefully it stays that way. Looking to not be so bad near me anymore! Luckily, I won't be home during the storm itself so I should be fine leaching off of someone else's electric bill.

Stay warm!

one year ago
I have a VERY white Christmas, it's too cold for new ice to form on the roads, and I don't have to go anywhere far away anyway.
I am happy.

Stay warm!

one year ago
Damn, IAP sure was going through some stuff around that time, rough what not being able to get into the pants of an Indian waifu less than half his age will do to a man. Let's hope he's in a better place now. As for the weather, I was all prepped this time, but we have definitely dodged the worst here and I'm kinda enjoying the change of pace. (All the pipes that ruptured last year being replaced with plex has really helped for one thing...) As I said though I hope all the critters out there are managing. The snakes had a big die off after last year's freeze, which means 1) I could not do one on one battle with invading rattlers and and share with my fellow CYStians the gorey results, and 2) we had a literal plague of frogs the following spring and it was fairly horrifying. But in between house cleaning and some visiting and last minute wrapping of presents for my niece, I've been entertaining myself for hours by leaving a tub of ice cream on the porch, so there's that.

Stay warm!

one year ago
Looks like Michigan got fucked. Hope everyone is safe from the terrifying death blizzard.