Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Goodbye.

12 years ago

I regret to inform the members of this community that I no longer wish to be a part of it. Not only is a certain admin who shall not be named a royal douche, but this community has honestly deteriorated from what I once thought it was. I was attempting to be helpful to someone on this site and by being helpful I was flamed and treated like a "pupil that has shit on the floor." Also I'd like to mention that I did not like the fact that I was now under the thumb of a "council" that can ban me from this site (which I REALLY hope it does). So, in short, I have better uses for my time than being part of this autocratic society that is ungrateful to those who are trying to be helpful. Goodbye and Good Riddance.

In all sincerity
Jplague

Goodbye.

12 years ago

Goodbye :)

Goodbye.

12 years ago

Funny how a simple thing like not getting 3J's rocket-science analogy can lead to. Well, goodbye then.

Goodbye.

12 years ago

A few things on this topic (which you may or may not read seeing as I don't know if you'll check in to see your thread)

1.) I don't know of any times you actually helped the site. Most of your posts are in response to others in a way to assert your own beliefs in an attempt to look superior.

2.) If 3J was really that unjust, I'd be gona a long time ago haha. Ask anyone who was around for some of our debates.

3.) Actually, the council was set up to protect the site from trolls, and to ensure that its duties were only for protection 3J made sure that only a vast majority could ban. Also, he can veto any bans he felt unjust. You were never under any threat from us in the first place seeing as no one even mentioned you being nominated, so the claim we now rule over the site is just plain stupid. We've banned two members, and both of those decisions were backed by massive support from the community.

4.) If you really think someone is out to get you, be the bigger man and simply don't argue with them. We have a saying in the ROTC "don't have thin skin". That's basically saying don't let stupid things get to you.

That being said, good bye and I hope you find happiness elsewhere.

Goodbye.

12 years ago

ROTC?

Goodbye.

12 years ago

It's a thing they have in the US (technically I'm in the JROTC since it's the high school level) that stand for Reserve Officers Training Corps. You join it in college (or JROTC in high school) and so you can get trained for the military while in college, and when you get out you're automatically an officer and recieve a higher pay grade. Even if you're not looking to go into the armed forces, JROTC and ROTC look great on a resume, shows you know how to lead.

Goodbye.

12 years ago

What do you do in ROTC?

Goodbye.

12 years ago

In the JROTC, mostly nothing. The only way you do real work is when you join drill team, then they expect you to be a leader and whatnot. Even when I wasn't in it I was expected to be a leader since I was in it long enough and actually knew what I was doing. I have no idea about the college level.

Goodbye.

12 years ago

Hmm, that doesn't seem that bad. I don't get why I haven't heard of it as of yet.

Goodbye.

12 years ago

Not all schools have it. The kids from the next county over get bussed in to our school so they can do it during the mornign.

Goodbye.

12 years ago
Yeah, JROTC satisfied the gym and health class requirement in my school which is why I initially took it. (Why take 2 classes when I can take 1) then I just stuck with it until I was done with high school.

I made it to the rank of colonel and ended up as battalion commander by the time I graduated.

Goodbye.

12 years ago

Ah, I see.

Goodbye.

12 years ago

gone a long time ago*

Goodbye.

12 years ago

Oh, and by the way.

SHUSH UP CAT FACE!

Goodbye.

12 years ago

I feel like I should be upset, since you insulted me twice for no reason. But since nothing you said is even true, I don't really care lol. Also:

- You were never under thumb of the council, we also have no real reason to vote to ban you even if you were

- You can just not answer JJJ you know

- You weren't flamed when you helped, you were flamed when you bashed poetry. Stop thinking you're innocent in this.

Goodbye.

12 years ago
I wonder how long it will be before he's back. :)

Goodbye.

12 years ago
See ya!

Goodbye.

12 years ago

I was under the impression the 'Bans' where for the forums, not the site. If you don't care to post in the forums anyway - then why are you worried about being banned?

Goodbye.

12 years ago

Each member is important to the community. I for one will honor your choice to leave our community. Good luck out there.

Goodbye.

12 years ago
Well, See ya Jplague.

Goodbye.

12 years ago

seems kinda ironic to make a forum thread about not coming to the forums doesn't it?

Goodbye.

12 years ago
I think my favorite part about his post is how he:

A) Blames the council for having too much power
B) Calls the site autocratic (concentrated power in the hands of one person).

It's insane, haha.

"3J, don't you dare give power to anyone besides you or I'll hate it. BUT 3J, YOU'VE CREATED AN AUTOCRATIC REGIME"

lol.

Goodbye.

12 years ago

I didn't even notice that haha

Goodbye.

12 years ago
Yeah man, ridiculous. Especially considering the council is ELECTED.

Goodbye.

12 years ago

How dramatic. haha  Go away; don't come back. :)

Goodbye.

12 years ago

Bye! (and if you hoped to get some 'please don't go!' reply, you failed :P)

Goodbye.

12 years ago

"I was attempting to be helpful..."

Read: losing an argument and writing "u mad bro?"

Goodbye.

12 years ago

If thats not helpful I don't know what is! (Sarcasm)

Goodbye.

12 years ago

Blaming members that help the site? Low. Good bye to you... cough... you'll be back.

Goodbye.

12 years ago
Myxmyxmx was being not using sarcasm to mock a member that helps the site. He was mocking jplague.

Goodbye.

12 years ago

I was talking about  jplague.

Goodbye.

12 years ago
Jplague is the member you were referring to as helpful to the community?

Goodbye.

12 years ago
I think he means blaming me and the council.

Goodbye.

12 years ago
Ah, I see. It seems I misunderstood then.

Goodbye.

12 years ago
Can I, may I troll? I guess not. OH btw nice narrative on society, don't forget to support it with 3 body paragraphs, and a counter-argument! Make sure to conclude with a decent (if not perfect) ending paragraph restating your topic!

Goodbye.

12 years ago
Left two months ago.... logged on 8 days ago.

Goodbye.

12 years ago

Wasn't even smart about it either, he changed his profile picture.