Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Most complex game?

3 years ago
I'm working on a small game right now and almost finished. It's going to be only 2000 words, but I already have a single script that's more than 300 lines long, an entire page that's nothing but variable text, and lots of smaller scripts and pages like that. I had no idea this would be so complicated when I started out, but I feel like I learned a lot and I'm pretty excited for other things I might do. I'm also curious, what's the game with the most advanced scripting on the site? It seems like so much work even doing small things so I can see why most people don't use it. But it's easy to learn, it just takes a long time putting everything together and all in exactly the right order.

Most complex game?

3 years ago

Probably most of Berka's games. He uses a lot of scripting/coding/magic in his work.

Most complex game?

3 years ago
I think Cows vs Aliens would have to be it. It's not even a CYOA it's literally a fully functional poker game, I'm still not sure how he did any of that.

Most complex game?

3 years ago
lots of RNG

Most complex game?

3 years ago
Welcome to card games.

Most complex game?

3 years ago

Not that I disapprove, but why did you necro this thread?

Most complex game?

3 years ago
A bot was in here and the thread was still showing up on the index after the post was deleted.

Most complex game?

3 years ago
Also, if you're set on writing scripty games from now on, just pointing out that the item randomizer in your game could be used for loot in an RPG, or really there's a whole lot of possibilities there. What you made was basically just a proof of concept since it essentially is the game, but I'm sure you could take the basic idea behind it and incorporate it as a really cool element in a larger project.

Most complex game?

3 years ago
Delve

Most complex game?

3 years ago
MyVacation is a sims style free roaming adverture. Not as complex as Delve or Cows but certains shows how you can use scripting to create good games. Homo Perfectus 8 also also has a custom name system which seems fairly large.

Most complex game?

3 years ago
AppDude was supposed to be remaking MyVacation with Unity, but I haven't heard from him in awhile.

Most complex game?

3 years ago
I am actually following his development and it seems the game is progressing quite well, though slowly.

Most complex game?

3 years ago

I'm not sure how active the story still is, but the Wal*Mart game is soo complex (at least it seemed like it to me).  Yet it's one of my favorites of all time.  However last I saw it was actually not finished.