Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Co-Authors?

2 months ago
Since I am new and do not have a lot of writing experience, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in working on a CYS game with me. I am doing this because I cannot write all day and I lose motivation, but I also need experience and an understanding of the process that other writers use. Though it is probably a bit complicated unless there is a process involved that has been put in place from the beginning, or some kind of pre-defined structure and formula. Regardless, I am not necessarily looking to publish a serious story, but if serious effort is put in, I will try to make it work out, so as to avoid publishing garbage.

Co-Authors?

2 months ago
Send me a DM or something if you'd wish to participate.

Co-Authors?

2 months ago
@Ford is a person who really likes co-authoring stories

Co-Authors?

2 months ago
okay

Co-Authors?

2 months ago

Funnily enough my first (published) storygame was a coauthored one. Alas, I'm not currently looking to coauthor another (too many projects would murder me).

Coauthoring is generally not looked on too fondly around here, but like pretty much anything writing related, it can work. Then again, in some ways it can just add more points of failure. What if you don't lose motivation but your coauthor does?

As such, my advice is setting expectations early and maintaining clear communications. Working towards some kind of deadline isn't a bad idea either.

The general advice of keeping the scope in check and starting small still applies.

Good luck with it! Ford is a valued member of the community who has shared some good stories in the past. Would be great to see what you two can cook up!