The Sinner's Nightmare

A family friendly storygame by Penworth

Player Rating?/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
No ratings yet

Story Difficulty1/8

"No possible way to lose"

Play Length?/8

"Unknown / Not Set"
No ratings yet

Maturity Level7/8

"Anything goes"
Some material may be inappropriate for persons under age 18. If this were a movie, it would probably be R.

"I look around once again and observe my damned chamber. I twirl around like a ballerina and laugh. Oh, this is what feels like. To be truly free, one has to be imprisoned. A man cannot be tied to earthly desires. Nothing must pull him down. He has to love nothing but himself. I twirl round and round dancing to the beat of my heart. I laugh in my rasping voice. Soon, I grow dizzy and the walls revolve before my eyes.

I fall to the ground and graze my skin on the sharp rock. I close my eyes and listen to the laughter. I listen to the cries of pain. The sound is intoxicating. It is mesmerizing. One has not lived when he has not heard a man beg for his life.

I open my eyes again and I observe that the walls have changed. They have turned into steel and they are closing around me. The walls grow closer and closer. I open my arms and I smile. Death is coming. I long for it. But alas. It is not to be. I blink for a moment only to find that the walls have vanished before my eyes. Iron has replaced it. I am now in an iron cage. I am the iron beast. Man is a beast. No matter how much he hates to admit it, man is a beast!"

 

Man is flawed. Man is a monster. Man is madness. Man will pay for his crimes.

But, man must know, man must believe that in the midst of darkness and pain, there is always hope. There is always light.

 

Note: There are two paths in this story. The path of truth and the path of lies. There are several different endings in this tale. On second thought, scratch all that and just know this. This story is a little madness written by the madman in me?

Player Comments

Show All Comments