Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 2/9/2017: This would be relatively annoying to code and would mostly be useful for larger projects, which are substantially rarer than two-person stories.

[EDITOR] Co Author Privileges

7 years ago

It's probably already a thing and i'm just stupid, but I thought it would be useful if you could edit a co authors privileges.

For example, Bob101 is the author of a storygame, and he makes Bill202 a co author. Bob101 might want to edit the privileges his co authors can have on the storygame so Bill202 doesn't accidentally mess up the scripting or mess up items.

The privileges could be edited wih checkboxes you could check and uncheck if you're the author, so let's say Bob101 disables scripts for Bill202, and Bill202 will no longer be able to use the scripts.

Sorry if it's a bad idea or it already exits and i'm a noob, but I thought it could be useful.

7 years ago

I like this idea.

7 years ago
It doesn't exist—they're just given certain things they're able to do. I really like this idea too. :D

7 years ago

I would appreciate this option.

7 years ago
Interesting idea, though it probably won't be useful for me since I don't coauthor storygames.

7 years ago
Really if you trust someone enough to let them coauthor your story in the first place, 'hey, please don't mess with the scripting' ought to be sufficient.

It's not like co-authors have much incentive to be co-authors as it is. A bunch of restrictions and a general sense of being mistrusted on top of that will make it even more unattractive.

7 years ago

It doesn't really have to be out of a lack of trust. Scripts are fragile and if messed with even a little, a whole pages scripting can be screwed up.

Some people might just want to be cautious of the scripting and items.