Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Weekly Review?

8 years ago

I'm thinking of restarting the Weekly Review, a sort of overview of what's going on in the site but I want to make it a lot more flexible. Rather than review the top authors and stories it might be more interesting to randomly select a story and author to review and interview. The jokes section seemed popular but I might replace the puzzles with little self-quizzes of the "if you answered mostly A's you are a such and such person" variety. Forum Games aren't for me but if anybody wanted to contribute advertisements or reviews of certain forum games I'm sure people would be interested in reading them. We could even do Classified Ads (Wanted: Wolf Lover for co-authoring a Canine Adventure. Non-Smoker preferable etc).

I was wondering what would people be interested in seeing in a weekly mini-newspaper and would anyone be interested in contributing either one-off articles or regularly? What would you be interested in reading about?

Weekly Review?

8 years ago
I was wondering where these had gone. I wonder if most of the editors & authors were part of the WC departures.

Weekly Review?

8 years ago

If you do restart it, you can bet I'll be reading it. :)

Weekly Review?

8 years ago

Me too!

Weekly Review?

8 years ago

Sounds interesting. I'd read it.

Weekly Review?

8 years ago

Hell yeah I'd read it. Your weekly reviews pretty much make my Friday, usually. 

Weekly Review?

8 years ago

Thanks, I think I'll rename it "The Weekly Post" (because that is literally what it is) and publish it on Sundays instead as I don't have much time during the week. I think the format Intro-Interview-Review-Quiz-Jokes is best though I am wondering whether Ads, News, Quotes etc might be worth adding...

Weekly Review?

8 years ago

I'v missed reading these. I will definitely be reading it, although I do think you should keep doing the puzzles. Those were my favorite part of it.

Weekly Review?

8 years ago

Hm, I suppose 1 Weekly Puzzle might be easier rather than 3? They took up quite a bit of space and I never got the impression there were more than 2 or 3 people doing them. But sure, Weekly Puzzles included. I'll put another Edition out next Sunday 4th Oct :)

Weekly Review?

8 years ago

Could I be a reviewer?

Weekly Review?

8 years ago

Go for it :D Do you want to pick which stories you review or would you prefer I email you which author is being interviewed this week and you review one of theirs (if they've written any)? Either way suits me :)

Weekly Review?

8 years ago

Thanks! You can email me.

So, do I mail you back my review, and then you post it in the paper?

Weekly Review?

8 years ago

Yep, pick a story you want to review or I'll pick one for you, pm me one or more reviews every week and I'll put them in the Weekly Post which I'll publish every Sunday :) I like Killa Robot's idea but it's up to you, I'll leave the Review section entirely in your hands :D

Weekly Review?

8 years ago
I thought the weekly review already reviewed the not so well known stories to begin with? Least how that's I remember it.

Personally I'd like for all the feature stories to be reviewed. Even if they're popular, it'd be cool to see one person sort of standardize how good they all actually are. Featured stories aren't all created equal after all. Not to mention I always like seeing the other things people discovered/interpreted when it comes to stories I've played before. Kind of adds another level of experience to said stories.

Maybe do 3 featured a month then do a spotlight on a not so well known author/story for the 4th week.