Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

need coauthors. too much to write!

8 years ago

i need help from experienced players writing a story. basically there are so many paths for me to write it will take me like forever to get it done. i want those coauthors to write some paths for me while i write the rest.

PLEASE HELP ME!!

make sure your an experienced writer if you offer to help. also i'm using advanced mode and i'm not good at that so it would be helpful to havesomeone teach me how to use it.

8 years ago

This belongs in Writing Workshop.

8 years ago

just trying to get as many players as possible to notice it

8 years ago

If you want experienced writers to notice it, please put it in the writers workshop.

8 years ago

sheesh .sophisticated people.

am i right.

8 years ago

This is a writing site meant for sophisticated stories, forum games, and threads...

K, forget the stories part. Considering we have a game called "Bacon Wars."

8 years ago

i can't write anything on this site without someone taking offense and making a reply to negate it

8 years ago

No one is taking of offense. You just need to post things in their appropriate places.

8 years ago

why do people care so much about appropriate placement

8 years ago

Without rules, there is chaos.

8 years ago

No, no, no. Without rules, there is freeform. With freeform, there are low-quality games, too. With low-quality games, there is fan-fiction. With fan-fiction, there is Warrior Cats. With Warrior Cats...there is chaos.

8 years ago

XD so true.

8 years ago

true chaos is true freedom if you think about it

8 years ago

We weren't speaking of freedom. We were speaking of living in an organized world under rules.

#CYOT

8 years ago

well excuse me

8 years ago

#Warclaw is Ryder 

8 years ago

what do you mean ryder

8 years ago

You know exactly what I'm talking about, Ryder.  XD

8 years ago

TBH someone has to make a storygame about Ryder trying to invade CYStia and you play as Alexp...

Guest-starring everyone who is active on the forums and knows who Ryder is.

8 years ago

That is a great idea.

8 years ago

Gopher it!

8 years ago

Just did.

8 years ago

Then get to writing, m'boi!

8 years ago

Yes Sir!

*salute*

8 years ago

He has come to further his pointless spam conquest!

8 years ago

are you sure your not ryder zag

8 years ago

Yes I'm very sure I'm not Ryder.

8 years ago

i'm not ryder. have you seen any of my story games

8 years ago

Ryder had once told us he would be hiding in another account, and that we wouldn't even know it was him.

So what's to say you aren't him?

8 years ago

#TheReturnOfRyder

8 years ago

Boi you have to write that storygame I was talking about a few posts up

8 years ago

for the fall of man series i don't need coauthors. though i do need help for my other storygame. it,s the third one i'm working on.

i don't blame you for not understanding which game i'm talking about.

8 years ago

K

8 years ago

find my game american vietnam:survivior of khe sahn preview and compare it to the quality of story game you'd expect from him.

8 years ago

He doesn't make storygames.

And, to further conceal his identity, he'd do things differently. Like...hmm...writing storygames at that certain quality?

8 years ago

also i joined the site in december

8 years ago

Ryder could make a newer account. His IP can't be banned because he posts from a library, which has a public IP.

8 years ago

Will everyone at said library no longer be able to get on here 0_0

8 years ago

Is this guy ryder? seems like it since hes riding a horse

8 years ago

*facepalm*

8 years ago

what?

8 years ago

Oi, let me spin ye a tale...

*tale-spinning intensifies*

There once was a 12-year-old boy named Ryder. Ryder often fantasized of having intercourse with anthropomorphs and animals. One day, he admitted to fucking his cat.

Ryder thinks he is the mods' arch-nemesis and a worthy foe. In reality, he's barely a nuisance. He was complaining about the rules and then he decided to create CYOF: "Choose Your Own Freedom."

Nobody joined him, but Ryder continued to launch an "attack" on the site. And by attack, I mean make multiple accounts and posts random letters on the forums. In the end Ryder said he would return with a new laptop, and a knowledge of hacking. Psht. Don't trust him.

8 years ago

Just explain who Ryder is.

8 years ago

No, and that's what I said. Public IPs can't be banned, and that's why. So...Ryder was never "hacking" to make new accounts as I think he claimed to do, but rather asked his mother to drop him off at the library so he can read a book.

8 years ago

XD

8 years ago

This is honestly how I think of him:

His Posts

I've went past the bans to grow more alts. I am unstoppable. Don't risk anything, join CYOF.

Reality

So, I asked my mommy to drop me off at the library...

8 years ago

thanks for the info.

8 years ago

I am not Zag, I am Derpino, you brainless weakl- I mean, aspiring author...

8 years ago

i was writing to zaghero not you

8 years ago

You replied to me.

8 years ago

sorry

8 years ago

What's that supposed to mean? Bacon Wars is a very serious story about Bacon, demonic possession, murder, and fleeing the country to live your life as a shaman.

Also, I made it in a little over an hour while making it all up on the fly. Wasn't expecting it to be a masterpiece haha.

8 years ago

so to get back to what i originally posted this forum for

Can anyone help me with this. please send me a message via site email to keep it private

8 years ago

I have a question: what is your definition of "experienced?" Do you want someone who is good at writing, or someone who will help you tackle variables and scripting?

8 years ago

Preferably both but mostly variables and scripting. That would definataley help the story game reach it's full potential. It's the third storygame I'm currently working on.

8 years ago

...Eh...I can help. To clean up your story, English-wise. I'll make sure there's good grammar and little to no spelling mistakes.

As for variables, I know how to go about 'em, and I do have a bit of knowledge on scripting. But if you want to get some legit help on scripting, BradinDvorak comes to mind for me.

8 years ago

Thanks for the tip. I'll see if i can message him

8 years ago

so anybody reading this forum interested? I'll gladly try to answer any questions.

8 years ago

anybody???????

8 years ago

Just wait bro.

8 years ago

i have been

8 years ago

Then continue to be patient.

8 years ago

ATARI hero.

means your the hero of an old game system

8 years ago

You are hardly going to make someone want to work with you, if you can't wait even an hour before replying to your own post with impatience for a response.

Plus you need to give more info on what exactly you want, what the storygame will be about, and stuff like that.

8 years ago

You're going to want to clean up your grammar and sociability if you want to find an experienced writer willing to work with you, most writers won't want to attach their name to the story of someone who doesn't take the time to properly capitalize. You're also coming across as immature.

Not saying you're beyond reproach, by any means. Just clean up your ability and publish some decent stories to get your foot in the door, but when you say you don't have patience to grind out a full story, what makes you think people will be willing to cut the slack for your benefit?

8 years ago

almost everyones judgmental nowadays.

If its not involved with the story don't post

8 years ago

How is someone going to decide to coauthor, if you provide zero information about the storygame?

Until the story is explained, everything can be about the story.

People are trying to explain how to get a response, so you call them judgemental. It is likely that the more experienced writers of the site you are trying to attract are not going to want to deal with someone who refuses to listen to advice.

8 years ago

Unlike you the person in the post above my post is not talking about coauthoring.

8 years ago

Blue also  just explained that we need more info, you know.

8 years ago

yeah i know

8 years ago

"Unlike you, the person in the post above my post is not talking about coauthoring"

Yes, yes he is.  He's explaining why you're finding it difficult to locate a willing coauthor.

8 years ago

You keep asking about experienced people being interested. Based on your behavior, I'm not. That's what people are trying to explain to you, and yes, that information is relevant to your thread.

8 years ago

Fine since everybody wants story info go to my profile and look at your nation your way story game description.

Also i should tell you it could have over 25 possible endings easily.

8 years ago

You can't be bothered to copy and paste any of it here to attract interest? Do you go fishing and demand that they jump in the boat to get the bait, too? xD

8 years ago

Had no idea you could copy and paste in this site

8 years ago

*Facepalm*

8 years ago

I'm stupid aren't i

8 years ago

Uh... why would you ever think you couldn't?

8 years ago

"Shrug"

8 years ago

Well, now you know you can.

8 years ago

just tried it and it didn't work.

8 years ago

What kind of computer are you using?

8 years ago

I ajusted a few things and tried again and got it. I just hope it keeps working.

Anyway heres the description for those of you who wanted information on the game.

build up and run your own island nation your way. okay maybe not all choices may not be what you would go for in these situations but you don't care because you just want to run your own country. Be aware all choices will affect it.

Also(this is not in the description)it goes through multiple time era's with different choices for government at the start of each and at different points in the game.

8 years ago

Recommend proofreading your work and using proper capitalization. It's not hard to tap the shift key at the start of every sentence, even if it's just a summary. If you're looking for "experienced" writers to work with, show them that you can handle your own weight before looking for a coauthor. 

8 years ago

Obcouse I'll do it in my stories to make the stories the best they can be.

8 years ago

Does it hurt to be consistent in your writing? Do you not find it beneficial to build up these good habits as you progress in your writing? I just find it silly that you even make that kind of statement. Not too promising..

8 years ago

Yeah i guess it's good to build up good habits.

But do you mind giving me a second chance.

8 years ago

If you didn't start the second sentence with a conjunction/not made the two sentences in separate paragraphs/capitalized the "i" in your first sentence/added a question mark to the second sentence/added a comma after "yeah", then maybe.

8 years ago

I don't understand what your saying. Speak less rocket scientist please

8 years ago

i.e. your grammar could stand for some improvement.

8 years ago

Nothing to do with me giving you a chance or not. Just some fundamental tips for basic writing. Also because it makes my eyes bleed when I see the format all wonky. Learning to take criticism and using it is also a fundamental step into becoming a good writer.

Good luck on the story.

8 years ago

Thanks

8 years ago

You guys use the SHIFT Key to capitalize? Do all of you do this? I've been using Caps Lock!

Dear God, my life is a lie!

8 years ago

I don't use shift either, man. It's okay, you're not alone.

8 years ago

Do you even understand politics/government to a degree that you could make this? 

8 years ago

I don't know? No i guess. Maybe i could get a coauthor to help me with that.

8 years ago

If a person understands the subject, and has even cursory understanding of good writing, they could just do it themselves. And why have you of all people as a co-author. Only reason I can see one being necessary is to avoid political biases, but I would hope a person wouldn't feel the urge to include political positioning in a bloody storygame.

8 years ago

If you hadn't noticed but it seems like no one else had an idea to do the same that worked.

8 years ago

What does that mean? This is YOUR story, YOUR idea, and YOUR game. YOU want to write this. There is not a boundless amount of writers out there waiting to jump on your brilliant idea. If you want to make this story, you do the research. You DO NOT rely on finding someone who actually does their research to write it for you.

8 years ago

I've had the idea boiling around in my gut (I think I may have talked about it sometime or another here in the past), I'm just too fucking lazy, as you can see with a grand total of 0 storygames to my name.

8 years ago

This is also an essential question you should ask yourself. If the answer is no, and you're dedicated enough, start researching. It may seem like a fuss but research is essential when creating a story (even more so seeing as how your story is planned to be so big). 

I spent a good time researching various religions of the world for my own fantasy story while I was writing. Definitely helps you come up with ideas for your plot.

8 years ago

I will say that I like the concept of running an island nation through multiple time eras and governmental choices. It's interesting and, as far as I'm aware (I've read nearly every story on this site to at least one ending,) pretty unique. That said, I do not have enough of a personal interest in government to really want to write a story that focuses that heavily on it. I'd play it, granted, but politics are not my passion. 

8 years ago

I guess i should do the research and plan the story to how i want it to go. Then simply direct my coauthors to how i want it.

8 years ago

Sounds like a good way to go.

8 years ago

You know what. I'm just trying to get help with a story game that I'm trying to make so good it's worthy to compete with the best of the rest of the story games.

8 years ago

Every writer on here (who isn't a troll or just screwing around) is trying to do the same thing, though. The people in this thread understand your goal, that's why they're giving you advice to help you understand what it takes. For example, I personally have two successful stories and a well-rated quiz. I worked my ass off to make them, and I didn't have anyone help me with the writing, even though I did get multiple beta-testers. So, that was around 2000 pages of story totally by myself. I'm not saying you need to go that far, but the advice you're getting is not being given out by clueless critics, man.

8 years ago

Even if it seems like that I understand you guy's aren't clueless critics.This time it just seems I am trying to bite off a lot more than i could chew.

8 years ago

Nothing is impossible if you have the will to work for it. Don't be discouraged, listen to the other's advice, and keep on writing. You said you wanted to craft a story to rival our communities classics such as "Eternal" and "The Other World". Those stories aren't written in weeks or even months. Years of work put on paper have given us these stories and you tell me you want to rival them. Start by bettering yourself as a writer. 

8 years ago

Also over the course of the story your nation expands to include new territories. Well actually your given the choice to expand it every now and then under the right circumstances usually. If you do it all correctly you can actually conquer all of north and south America

8 years ago

Maybe even the world?Who knows?

#hardest and most secret ending.

8 years ago

Ooops. It's not a secret anymore

8 years ago

So basically in the vein of Tropico, not something more grounded like the Democracy series. That could be interesting if done right.