Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

I will be writing on here.

7 years ago

I was planning on finishing working on a project before I revealed my presence as a new writer but I ended up deciding to post this with the intent of making my existence known. I will attempt to put effort into my projects and I just wanted to make clear that I have no intent of offending any users or causing any strife. I hope you will be able to accept me into this community!

7 years ago

Alright, well welcome to the site. Very glad to see you actually plan on putting effort into a story. Lack of effort is the cause of the biggest waste of potentials on the site. The Lounge can be arguement-heavy sometimes but is usually fine, the Forum Games should be avoided to all regard because they're idiotic. There is, (I think, but Bucky hasn't confirmed he's doing it monthly, because he's awful) a monthly writing competition in the Writer's Workshop the last of which was great fun, and there's great prompts just to get writing every two days that you should do just to practice writing.

7 years ago

Um, you do you realize you were actually part of one of my RPs and you started Chris' but never finished?

7 years ago
I'm going to hold another one for October. I plan on posting it the last week of September with a deadline the week before Halloween.

7 years ago

Hi there, your goals already seem admirable. It's good to join this site with a clear goal in mind, be it to read, write or whatever else one may have in mind upon making their account. If you're interested in reading up on some things, there's many things that can be read on the forums at your leisure. I personally recommend giving Forum games a try if you're interested in roleplays, oh and something that's actually consistent on a daily basis. :P

7 years ago

I'll be looking forward to your project!

If you don't do anything bad, we're a pretty welcoming community! ^-^

7 years ago

Surprising to see a member who actually is working on something, but that just makes it better! Welcome to the site.

7 years ago

Hey Elshra, glad to have you. Putting effort into your work and staying focused? Lol, can't argue with that. Like Steve said, the Lounge and the game threads and such can be a major distraction, for new members especially. People always underestimate the amount of work it takes to put out even a medium-sized storygame so I'd say you have the right idea there. Feel free to post excerpts of your work in the Workshop if you want feedback and advice. Most of the regulars there are open to PMs if you need someone to look over your works in progress too.  

7 years ago

Hi Elshra, it's good to hear you're working on projects :D Welcome to the site and enjoy your time here.