Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Otome games

7 years ago

Discuss some good (or bad) Otome games with anyone who feels like it. Some games I have enjoyed are Hustle Cat, Mystic Messenger, Hatoful Boyfriend, and much more. This may sound a bit sad to those of you who don't play Otome games, so don't join if you do not wish too. 

Otome games

7 years ago

By the way, love that profile picture of yours.

Mystic Messenger is probably one of my favorite visual novels of all time. The characters are very sweet, the story is great, and the art is fantastic. Just saying, the 'did you eat' part that most of the characters ask you means 'are you okay', since good health is associated with healthy foods.

Otome games

7 years ago

(thank you, YOI is the best)

Mystic Messenger is my absolute favourite at this moment. Who's routes have you completed? Any bad ends?

Otome games

7 years ago

Okosan

Otome games

7 years ago

He's a sweetie

Otome games

7 years ago

That he is xD

Otome games

7 years ago

@Axiom is making one of those

Otome games

7 years ago

Very funny.

Anyway, I'm making a visual novel, but I don't like otome games, so I don't play them or keep up with them. The best-seeming originally English one I can think of offhand is Backstage Pass, but I can't speak to its quality. I think they got Studio Deen to do the opening, though, so there's some budget there, at least.

Otome games

7 years ago

She says 'very funny', but knows she can't deny it. We've all seen the pics.

Otome games

7 years ago

LMAO! Oh God, I remember Hatoful Boyfriend! Isn't that the one where you're the only female human student in a school full of sexy male birds? That game was beautiful! ^_^

Otome games

7 years ago

One of the few games in that style I've ever been convinced to play. It looked completely batshit, and I was not disappointed.

I ate one of my classmates, GOTY.

Otome games

7 years ago

Heck yes it is! It was very fun to play!

Otome games

7 years ago

Hakuouki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom on the PSP is the only otome I played (well, the only one I would ever consider recommending). Never finished it but I enjoyed my time with it due to the affection system that very clearly tells you who wants to stick their sword in ya ( ?° ?? ?°) and the surprising amount of action featured in the story (what can I say, I'm a sucker for hell knight tropes). 

Also really enjoyed the artwork, the thing I usually don't like about otome games (although I recall LOTS of muscle everywhere, but I might be imagining that). Only major gripe I have with it is the protagonist, but you eventually learn to accept that the PC being vulnerable allows the other characters to take center more often (which is good, cause I can't remember a single trait pertaining to her (the PC) and would much rather spend my time with actual characters). 

If anyone can recommend any otome games with a strong PC, I'd be grateful. 

Hell, if anyone can recommend me another PSP VN that would also be great. I'm finding a distinct lack of VNs in the PSP's corner. 

Otome games

7 years ago

Hustle Cat is a very cute game, but its pretty short. I'm not exactly sure if it's something you'd enjoy or not, but you could look it up just to see what it's about.

Otome games

7 years ago

Who let this cat in here? 

Dude, have you no shame? Make an alt or something.