Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 1/12/2017: Yep
This feature was completed 3/24/2021: CYSCE's version of storygame search is integrated now

[SITE] Searching for storygames with tags

7 years ago

I think that being able to allow users to search for storygames by inputting specific tags in the search engine would be a pretty useful feature to have on this site.

It would certainly give tags even more of a use around here. 

Say that a person is only interested in reading something that is deemed socially important at the moment, they can just click on that tag and then be brought to a page with storygames that have that exact tag listed among any other tags that the storygame may have.

I think that it would certainly broaden people's interests, and maybe some not so popular stories can suddenly receive much more traffic. But even if that is a bit of a stretch, the feature can be certainly convenient. 

7 years ago

I could've sworn that was something that was already possible but it appears it isn't. I'm all for this

7 years ago
I'm pretty sure that is the reason tags were added, but it will be a while before that can actually be implemented.

7 years ago

And here I thought they were there to just look pretty.

Kidding aside, I'm sure that there's probably other things that are of higher priority that needs to be implemented. But I'm hoping to just get this idea accepted. Oh, and implemented in another update of sorts in the near future. 

Edit: Thanks for the replies you two. 

7 years ago

Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier, I saw it this morning.

This is already in the pipeline but I'll go ahead and accept it.

7 years ago

Thank you! ^-^

7 years ago
I always heard this was something Alex planned for what was going to be the new version of the site.

Being searchable is the main purpose of tags on most sites. They always seemed a little pointless here so it'll be good to see them getting some functionality.

7 years ago

Agreed.