Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Alternate History CYOA

6 years ago

After scouring the storygames section like a drunken man looking for his house (to no avail I might add). I have begrudgingly decided to go and asssk for help regarding the whereabouts of any Alternate History/ Dimension storygames, possibly even a dystopian story or two. To anyone who may respond; thank you kindly in advance and have a good night.

All joking aside I really want to read a story of that genre above and any other stories you may happen to recomend.

Alternate History CYOA

6 years ago

Ahh so nobody responds to me eh? Should I try a more polite approach? Or not delve into the crazy intricacies of the forums altogether?

Alternate History CYOA

6 years ago

It’d only been one hour after you posted the OP, yet you expect a plethora of replies to sort through like a deck of cards. Some posts don’t go days without getting a response if they even get one to begin with. 

Don’t be so impatient. It’s annoying.

Alternate History CYOA

6 years ago

Apologies for that, how long should I wait before a post is replied to? Most of the sites I browse are... a bit more populous than this one so post are responded to more quickly than this one. Sorry.

Alternate History CYOA

6 years ago
An hour seems like a rather short amount of time for any site... Perhaps I'm thinking solely of roleplaying and writing forums, but an hour or two between posts shouldn't be unexpected, even on more "populous" forums. It may be different for other types of forum sites, but I find that websites that have near-instant replies tend to be full of spam anyway. You should definitely wait at least a few hours, and if the tread gets buried there's no harm in bumping it since it's a legitimate question ^_^ (But maybe try to bump it in a less... aggressive fashion?)

Alternate History CYOA

6 years ago

Eh, alright. Thanks for the advice.

Alternate History CYOA

6 years ago
Trust issues fam

Alternate History CYOA

6 years ago

Yup, fam.

Alternate History CYOA

6 years ago
I'm not your fam

Alternate History CYOA

6 years ago

Then why'd you say fam, fam.

Alternate History CYOA

6 years ago
I can't think of any alternative history stories at the moment. I'm not sure if it quite meets your definition of dystopian, but Survivors is sort of alternative-future type of thing...

Alternate History CYOA

6 years ago

You couldn't wait an hour before you started headbutting your keyboard?

I'm begging you to go outside and seek human interaction, please. 

Alternate History CYOA

6 years ago

Well you seem like a very helpful person! Thanks! :D

Alternate History CYOA

6 years ago
Good luck with your future

Alternate History CYOA

6 years ago

You too buddy, You too........

Alternate History CYOA

6 years ago

I am not aware of any stories like that here, but you are free to write your own. What fun, it is, to be the pinnacle; the first to write in a genre.

But...maybe we shouldn’t trust you with that much power.

Alternate History CYOA

6 years ago

Shameless self advertisement incoming...

It's not really alternate history, or even Orwellian style dystopian, but my story TechNOIR is set in a dystopian cyberpunk world where megacorps rule everything. The story doesn't really focus much on that though, but I'm gonna be writing more stories set in that universe in the future that do, so look out for those. Until then, you can feed your dystopian crave with that story.

I do know that there's actual Orwellian style dystopian stories hanging around (and there's a 1984 fanfic, but IIRC it sucked), but until 3J comes back from fighting trolls and warrior cats in the seventh dimension and implements the search by tag feature, you're gonna have to sift through the stories individually looking for that tag.