Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Soul Weapon CYOA

5 years ago

https://imgur.com/a/pzxORZU

Move over fisher king, this is what the new cool kids are into.

Soul Weapon CYOA

5 years ago

Hook Swords: weapon doesn’t really matter but acrobatics is very useful because I plan on having Quentumite armor and need the extra agility.

Materials:

Quantumite armor. Don’t really need heavy armor because of my acrobatics and my rune choice.

Hello Weapons: don’t have to worry about armor drawbacks, so maximum sharpness is nice, and little to no weight is nice for dual wielding.

Rune: Chronos, 100% need this if I want to use quantumite armor.

Smith: Saiho, need the material things to make my weapons much stronger.

Scenario: any fantasy or any without guns.

Soul Weapon CYOA

5 years ago

This system seems retarded. The root of it is "What kind of OKish magical weapon do you want?" The majority of it is about bullshit that I don't care about, because I don't particularly want a magical sword or whatever because that's shit and I'd just get murdered in my sleep by whoever wants the magical sword and doesn't know it dies with me.

However, the real way to take advantage of this system is through little things you might easily miss. I'll go through them as I decide, I suppose.

In choosing weapons, it's fucking ridiculous. I live in the modern world, I'm not going to carry around a fucking sword. Hell, even if I was in a fantasy world, I wouldn't want a fucking melee weapon, because if you're in a melee fight, you're going to get done in eventually, or killed while sleeping or whatever. So I'll go with a wand, obviously, because it's a normal thing I could carry without people knowing and it has the range advantage, plus I get an extra magic thing, which is the only thing about this that's worthwhile.

Next, of course, is materials. I got bored here and skipped forward until I found the Smiths. Some of the smiths were shockingly useless, like the one that promises you "Your sword's extra sharp!" However, one smith offered IMMORTALITY, which is so far above everyone else it's incredible. Obviously, I took this, and anyone who didn't, like Beta who choose "I want my magic sword to be harder!", are retards.

To protect my life source, I'd make my wand out of golem hide, because it'd be unbreakable and weight isn't a big issue for a tiny wand.

The runes were mostly shit I couldn't use with my wand and wouldn't want to. However, Lazuli, super powerful painful fire, seemed cool, Faunalis was objectively the best there as it means I have all animals on my side, which I could use to become a trainer of whatever dangerous animal I want, which I could use to become famous without people knowing I'm magic.

Then, reconstruct, because I don't want to suffer while immortal. My pet would also have this, in case I get seriously fucked so he can help me.

Finally, the last one was a fucking joke. I mean, why would I go to a fantasy world, so I can be cold, have a shit life with few luxuries and be a total jerk off? Why would I go to modern Earth with other magic people, when I could be the only one? Normal Earth seemed the best, but then apparently going to ANY fictional universe was an option, so I went for Star Terk 'verse. Not because I think it's particularly cool, or anything, but because they have matter constructors to make whatever you want and virtual reality so I could go anyway. Plus, the good guys always win and I'd avoid the frontier, so I'd be grand.

So, in summary:

Class: Wand

Material: Golem Hide

Runes: Faunalis, Reconstruct, Lazuli

Smith: Adam: The Ancient One

Scenario: Star Trek universe

Pet Power: Reconstruct

Really, besides a few possible changes, everyone else is a retard and chose wrong. So just Beta, who would have his throat slit in his sleep if he fucked with anyone.

Soul Weapon CYOA

5 years ago

3 practical builds :

Fists - That or boots.  Helps immensely with getting shit done without lugging around stuff you don't already know how to use.

Material - Quantumite.  Phasing through matter just works.  Bloodstone if you're doing the Sigmun build.

Runes -

Aether -> Chronos - Draw out your mental lifespan.  Make better decisions much faster.

Prana -> Reconstruct - Save expenses on your daily things.  Buy cheap cars, computers, appliances and fix them.  Broke your pencil mid-test?  Fix it.  Got a tenant you need to evict?  Bury them in the wall and fix it.  Got loved ones dying from cancer?  Fix 'em.  Alternatively use Cleanse and cure every disease, including aging.  Replace Chronos with Cleanse and use both to literally never die unless you get blasted by gamma rays or get domed by a bullet.

If you insist on having Signum + Resonance, add Soul -> Fusion, and replace Reconstruct with Cleanse to preserve age.  Highly recommend switching materials to Bloodstone so the rate at which you scale effectively doubles.  You think faster, achieve immortality (if your attitude to aging is that aging is a disease), and become substantially tougher than most humans.  The only thing killing you is stepping directly on an IED or a high-caliber bullet, or something in equivalence to that.  You'll probably survive a fall from a failed skydiving jump (12000 feet or so.  There are videos showing how you can survive with just breaking your legs.) , though it's gonna take a few months or years to be able to get back on your feet and Cleanse any issues that pop up later.

Smith -  Avalus is first, if you're willing to compromise on either immortality or regenerative powers (though I can't ever imagine anyone wanting to be truly immortal and end up being unable to kill themselves).

Signum is a very close second, if you use Resonance Pool modifier.  You'll have -1 sharpness rating, -1 pierce defense, and -1 magic defense, all of which will mitigate your scaling somewhat from a Pierce-5, Blunt-4, Magic-4 to a Pierce-4, Blunt-4, Magic-3 and cap out at a Sharpness-4.  Most things shouldn't kill you, but you're free to jump in front of a train or throw yourself into an incinerator if you get too bored of life.

Brihm takes a close third if you run full Prana Cleanse + Reconstruct and remove Chronos, but you'd have to teach your weapon to not think like a human.  Payoff should be better when you have someone to contest and rival you somewhere down the line so your brain doesn't rot and make you senile.

That sums up everything.  You'll be less sturdy than a Negaplating fusion build, but your relative immortality, quick thinking, and generally die-hard body shouldn't be a problem.  And if living is a suffering, you'll have more than a couple of ways of offing yourself at your own convenience.  And, you don't have to obsess over keeping your weapon safe like with a certain other build.

I'm assuming armor is the same as your soul weapon.

Soul Weapon CYOA

5 years ago

Pffh, age isn't a disease. If that was the case, Adam wouldn't have had to fuck around with his method. However, despite it not doing what you think it does, I see the appeal of Cleanse and would replace my ultra-fire with it.

sole vepin chyoa

5 years ago

Quality > Quantity of life.

Soul Weapon CYOA

5 years ago
This thread is boring and stupid, and so is betaband for making it.

Soul Weapon CYOA

5 years ago

Agreed.

Doesn't replace the Fisher King at all and no cool kid would think that it does.

Soul Weapon CYOA

5 years ago

I mean yeah.