Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Nooby Questions

4 years ago

I have a couple of questions.

1. Can I take down and edit a contest entry (I forgot to add the contest entry tag)? 

2. If I can is there a way to keep the reviews or are they kept automatically?

3. What are the differences between red and blue names?

4. Can I get some tips on how to make my sentences more interesting and varied?

Nooby Questions

4 years ago
1. If the contest isn't over, no, you can't. Unpublishing a contest entry after you submit automatically disqualifies you. If the contest is over, yes, you can. Most people take their entries down after the contest is over to fix them anyway, for much bigger reasons than forgetting a tag. 2. Reviews are kept automatically. 3. I'm not sure myself. I think it has to do with whoever gets the most commendations on that day? Not sure. 4. You'll just have to figure that out yourself. Read a book or something, and note any sentences that you find interesting. Note how the sentence is worded, what's in it? Stuff like that. I dunno, I'm not a master writer, and what's interesting and varied to you might be boring and stale to me. Different strokes for different folks. I will say, regarding variation, avoid starting multiple sentences in a row with the same word ("so, I, then, you," etc.), that usually helps me.

Nooby Questions

4 years ago

3. I'm not sure myself. I think it has to do with whoever gets the most commendations on that day? Not sure.

Yes, we Notorious Marauders of Avon have a certain panache in our names.  It sort of comes with the territory.  Think of it as a swagger.

Nooby Questions

4 years ago
AKA big dick energy literacy.

Nooby Questions

4 years ago

3. The red names are those that belong to the order which got the most commendations the day before.

However, the nightly proc is misbehaving of late and the orders are going to undergo a change in the relatively near future, so I'll be keeping people posted on this subject.

Nooby Questions

4 years ago
As for #4, try changing up the length, choosing wording carefully for tone, removing redundant words, making sure you don't keep starting them with 'You', and tagging @Gower .

Nooby Questions

4 years ago
Yes, absolutely. Tagging @Gower in your sentences will always make them more interesting.

Nooby Questions

4 years ago

4. Can I get some tips on how to make my sentences more interesting and varied?

Yes.  I'm working on some articles about that, my snooby friend.  Read my two articles that I already have here, and they'll give you the foundation you need for the ones coming out.

Nooby Questions

4 years ago

Just wanted you to know if you want feedback on what you did good on your story game and what you are good at. Unlike literally anyone else on this site i'm here for only that.

Nooby Questions

4 years ago
Yes as anyone can see from your exp page, you're just a tireless feedback machine.

Nooby Questions

4 years ago

I give personal feedback and i like to be asked.

Nooby Questions

4 years ago

Pro-tip: People will be more interested in and motivated by your feedback if you put more of an effort into your grammar on the forums. You might argue that it's an informal place, but it's all that people have to judge you by, since you haven't published anything. As it stands now, I wouldn't be particularly compelled to seek you out for feedback.

Nooby Questions

4 years ago

Thanks for the tip. And im working on publishing something but its taken a while because it is really long project and i'm very busy most of the time. I was told to type with correct grammer on this site just because its a "writing website." And i'm a bit of rebel so i decided not to but know it kinda makes sense.